User Tag List

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Stalled on doing my two credit report requests so they will be priorities for Monday. Yes, I want to know what they say by the end of February.

Everyone has taken out their Jan. expiry coupons? Shredfest...
    Yes, my coupon album is about empty. I am never successful printing coups but maybe I will have to some more time getting it to work.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    You use partridge to make them?

Thank you.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Dh hunts partridge so I have found that we enjoy them the most in partridge balls (aka chicken balls). The remain moist as partridge can become quite dry if not done properly and we do not like them as breasts.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Lucky "Poopsie" The blanket is beautiful!

You go it some great "castoffs" from work!
    Thank you.

Yeah i did! I have to say im pretty pleased

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl very kind of the watch repair person

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel you have such a beautiful outlook on life and are so filled with so much knowledge

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I typed up the biography info about my photographer friend this morning. It will be with her donation that is part of our silent auction fundraiser on Thursday. I finally folded and put away all the clothes this afternoon. Dh's work clothes are in the dryer and towels are waiting to go in next. I brought in my box of dress clothes from the shed so that I can wash them and get them back in my closet. I'll need to figure out my outfit for the fundraiser, but still need to be able to nurse in it.

I took our 3yr old to Kung Fu Panda 3 at 2pm this afternoon in 3D. Is cost $9 for the two tickets. Dh stayed home with the twins. It was the first time that we have done this and it went great. He missed his afternoon nap so he is already snuggling in my arms and looking to go to bed early.

Tonight's supper was roast Hutterite chicken (free from my dad), perogies, fresh cauliflower ($2.88 @ Sobeys), broccoli, cucumber ($1.27 at NF), cranberry sauce (free from neighbour), and sour cream. I'll be turning the chicken thighs into baby food tomorrow. I already pumped the milk for it this morning.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I made my call to old navy about pants they sent boys size 14 rather than 18. Also got updated on my top i ordered. ..its been cancelled as they ran out of my size.

We had rice, frozen veggies (mix if cauliflower broccoli carrots and corn ) and the haddock. Was pretty good.

I still need to get around to folding our laundry but ive been much more content with knitting today.

Bf claims i have to get my wool inventory down....but i sold 30 dishcloths since Christmas and three or 4 scarves. Finished a baby blanket that will be a gift and started an adult one.

Boys have to bathe yet n make thier school lunches.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Since we are always talking about utility bills my BIL says he just got his monthly bills for their 2 bedroom apt
    gas @2.50 US
    electric $25.00 US
    internet and TV $100 US per month
    A $2.50 gas bill. Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Mom and a friend went a Chinese Market that recently opened in our area (first one in this area) and she was able to find some amazing produce deals so our fridge is quite full of produce which is a nice change.
    A Chinese grocery store has been such a lifesaver for our grocery bill. Unfortunately, so many people complain about the language barrier here. With the rudeness of some of the people yelling at the guys unloading groceries and the cashiers, I'd pretend I didn't speak English even though I can! I don't think I've ever had to speak to a cashier. The price has always been right, they don't accept coupons, and I've never found it difficult to find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    My DH's CT scan and ultrasound have, unfortunately revealed that his cancer has returned after many years in remission and has moved to his liver, lung and also to a part of his abdomen.
    I'm so sorry to hear. Prayers and good thoughts going your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Everyone has taken out their Jan. expiry coupons? Shredfest...
    Noooo....think of the hydro bill. I just recycle mine. I have seen people shred their coupons and I'm not sure I understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Bf claims i have to get my wool inventory down....but i sold 30 dishcloths since Christmas and three or 4 scarves. Finished a baby blanket that will be a gift and started an adult one.
    May I ask where do you sell your dishcloths? My mom makes dozens of knitted things, but doesn't sell them. We're just all chock full of hats, blankets, and scarves here. It's not a bad thing, but one can only wear so many scarves....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    A $2.50 gas bill. Oh my!

A Chinese grocery store has been such a lifesaver for our grocery bill. Unfortunately, so many people complain about the language barrier here. With the rudeness of some of the people yelling at the guys unloading groceries and the cashiers, I'd pretend I didn't speak English even though I can! I don't think I've ever had to speak to a cashier. The price has always been right, they don't accept coupons, and I've never found it difficult to find anything.

I'm so sorry to hear. Prayers and good thoughts going your way.

Noooo....think of the hydro bill. I just recycle mine. I have seen people shred their coupons and I'm not sure I understand why.

May I ask where do you sell your dishcloths? My mom makes dozens of knitted things, but doesn't sell them. We're just all chock full of hats, blankets, and scarves here. It's not a bad thing, but one can only wear so many scarves....
    Theres a classifieds locally here on Facebook ive been selling them.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

avoncallingu likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread Information