User Tag List

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

is it too late to join ?

will start my T2D diet i got from the dietician last year (just need to check my glucides intake)

i know i will loose with it + i'll try to add some exercice

weighing day = monday
    Last edited by Mia001; Sat, Jan 9th, 2016 at 11:58 PM.
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 6 others like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh!! I just loved reading all the fun posts since I last posted. Everyone seems to be doing pretty good! I agree with @Tara about getting a calorie refund on recipes that did not quite measure up to our taste buds.
    So my loss for week one of WW was 6 pounds. Although I did get my hopes up for a double digit loss on my first week, I shall remain grateful that I lost and soldier on into this week!
    So a trip to my Dr. about this annoying and ongoing back/leg pain now has me at the Chiropractor, doing physio and will be getting a massage here and there. Also I must do these very gentle stretching movements ( I refuse to call them exercise, lol ) at least 3 times a day at home.
    Fingers crossed i can stop taking the pain meds soon and can sit at the computer for longer stretches, i sure miss posting and laughing on all the threads.
    Good luck everyone for this week! Not sure why I feel like eating Apple pie all of a sudden?? ........oh I know it was @Lynn49 posting that delicious easy recipe!! Guilt free pie...Mmmm.
    Mia001, TaraF, harbie and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Lynn, thanks for posting the yummy recipes! That apple pie is my new go to "sweet" treat

Up bright and early with DS, who thinks that 5:00 is time to wake up He's 8, shouldn't he sleep in? LOL

Not sure what the plan is for today... back after coffee
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Just came across this smart points guide for McDonald's... all I have to say is WOW http://weightwatchergirl.com/a-smart...-to-mcdonalds/

ETA: Here's another one for Tim Horton's... my medium double double isn't as bad as I thought but everything else, holy cow. http://www.justdietnow.com/restaurants/tim-hortons.html
    Last edited by sheetsofemptycanvas; Sun, Jan 10th, 2016 at 06:44 AM.
    Lynn49, SassyAshley and toronto166 like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@walkonby , I hope you get some relief from your pain soon. I know just how frustrating and debilitating back/leg pain can be
    @Lynn49 , yum on those recipes . Thanks.

Yesterday was a lot of driving but we did get some walking in (2 miles). I guess that's better than nothing. Oh and another successful late night of no snacking other than my big mug of peppermint tea with fresh mint added. Strange but that really helps.

Off for a early Sunday morning walk now (7:00am). I'm running later than normal today but I just had to pop in on SC

Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good fine morning, everyone!!!

Mia, never too late to join: welcome!!!

It's NFL playoff day today so I will be wrapped around our tv for the duration; Hubby's going to pick up a cooked chicken from RCSS and I'll do something in the way of veg..he'll probably make himself a couple of hot chicken sandwiches (not the gravy kind). For now I have to take up the hem of Grandon's jogging pants which means removing the cuff, cutting off some fabric and re-attaching it, shouldn't take more than a half hour tops.

For breakfast I had one of those instant oatmeal pkgs and a whole wheat toast with a slight spread of diet butter for 6.5 points, which is pretty good. I only had about 25pts yesterday.

Walks, Sweetie, you just take good care of yourself and don't worry about doing it all yourself...seems you have lots of peeps doing that for you! Seriously you know I know how backaches can affect your whole day, everything you do, so just do your 'stretches' and visit when you can. I miss picking on you, though...so hurry.

Sheets, those fast foods can really pack a whallop wrt points, can't they? And people wonder how they get fat eating that crap?!! I confess to watching those "600 lb" shows about those poor people who get themselves way over their heads with their weight and I'm amazed that some of them get take-out 3 times a day!! Can you imagine the calories?! I love watching them change their lives and it makes me ever so grateful not to be dealing with that kind of weight burden; my challenge seems pretty attainable compared to theirs!! Again: motivation. If they can do it, so can I...and I have so very little to lose compared to them.

Okey-dokey! Off to the sewing machine! And off to Fabricland tomorrow for their ginormous sale..oops, Fabricville, now, evidently. Hubby will be so pleased to see me hauling more fabric into the house! Hah!

Continued success to everyone and it's the LAST DAY of the weekend, and you're doing grrrrreat!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jan 10th, 2016 at 12:07 PM.
    TaraF, harbie, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So I only did just over 2 miles this morning due to the streets and sidewalks being covered in black ice. After nearly biting it several times DH and I decided to head home and we'll go out in a couple of hours after it warms up a bit. Hoping to get at least another 2-3 or more miles in today The plus side is that it's fantastically clear and sunny. What an amazing view of the mountains we have today

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

harbie- good for you! I need to start walking but I'm such a baby in the winter. If I could hibernate, I would lol

Got some overnight oats in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow morning, I used this recipe http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/s...ts-in-jar.html minus the blueberries (yuck) and the seeds (don't have any)

I had some leftover taco chili for lunch and I'm thinking of making a "skinny" version of chicken parm for supper using this recipe http://www.weightwatchers.ca/food/rc...recipeId=68311

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Forgot to mention, I've got a starting weight of 236lbs... I'd like to get down to 200lbs, at least and go from there
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    harbie- good for you! I need to start walking but I'm such a baby in the winter. If I could hibernate, I would lol

Got some overnight oats in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow morning, I used this recipe http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/s...ts-in-jar.html minus the blueberries (yuck) and the seeds (don't have any)

I had some leftover taco chili for lunch and I'm thinking of making a "skinny" version of chicken parm for supper using this recipe http://www.weightwatchers.ca/food/rc...recipeId=68311
    That chicken parm looks delicious, Sheets! And you eat those oats cold?! Personally I'd just nuke those oats in my almond milk in the morning, toss in a few raisins, a packet of sweet 'n low and have it nice and warm....I need my creature comforts in the winter.. Might be interesting in the summer, though; let me know how it goes!

So I'm assuming you're on 30 Smart points every day? I wasn't sure I'd like that since the last time I joined WW was in 2009 in preparation for our Mediterranian cruise for our 40th anniversary and my points were about 20-23, but this is really working for me! Love that I can have a regular sandwich with normal whole wheat bread, a few slices of ham and a ton of lettuce! But that's my carbs for the day. This morning I had a toast with my oatmeal so no more carbs for the day no matter how few points they may have. It's just something I do....it's not part of the plan.

As for exercise, I hide inside in the winter and only venture out when it's absolutely necessary and not a second sooner! And of course, I still don't walk very well, unsure of my footing, so winter is a scary time for me. (I'm thinking of our DD and her Hubby driving home through this miserable weather today from TO...so scary.) So don't worry about not exercising right now, there'll be plenty of time to tone up once you're feeling lighter.. For now, concentrate on one thing at a time, and don't stress out...like moi! I WISH!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Which do YOU prefer?
    I'm going with mainly diet....I have no urge to crush walnuts with my thighs.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think many people are shocked when it comes to fast food a eating and what is really in the food.

I am reminded of when McDonald's first introduced salads and so many people believed they were eating healthy as they were having a salad, it was not until they came forward and showed the nutrition facts and people learned they could have a Big Mac & fries for the same calories & fat as a Salad. This is because the chicken in the Salad was breaded and deep fried and the dressing was anything but low fat.

As well I know someone that when they go to McDonald's they would get a muffin instead of fries believing this was a better option. I am trying to remember as this was a year or so ago e discussed this but we discovered the muffin was very close in calories to just having the fries.

It really is hard for people to sort out what they should and should not eat. We hear someone say a muffin is healthy so people think oh I'll grab a muffin instead of _______________. Issues being yes you can make a healthy muffin at home but store bought or restaurant bought muffins are rarely healthy (I am sure there are some exceptions).

It is the same as people who believe all Stir Fry are Healthy. Yes Stir Fry are great but let's face it someone of the Stir Fry people love at certain restaurants are not that good for you once you look at what they put in them. It really is tricky to find what you should and should not eat and it only becomes harder when you cannot cook for yourself. When you cook for yourself you can better control what does and does not go in but we all end up in situations where we have to eat out or have someone else cook for us.
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today is not going as planned, I was up multiple times last night with stomach issues, it could be a few options my stomach acids are acting up again, or it could be the infection becoming under control. I knew this would happen but it is hard to know your going to feel worse before you feel better.

So yesterday I was able to get items ready for dinners this week, today was supposed to be breakfasts and lunches which will not happen now. But I have found quick options I can take and still stay on track. My big challenge this week is just to remember to eat during the day and not get side tracked. Funny I make sure the people I am working with take breaks and everything but I fail to do the same for myself. So this week I need to pay attention, take time for me and remember to eat as well keep up with my water, one bottle with Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 just pure water.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

agreed and Plus 1^^ @SassyAshley The fast food ingredients are packed with the bad stuff, that is why many people find them irresistible
    ( delicious extra fats ). DH and I have quite a few GC's for many restaurants that were obtained over Christmas but I will be choosing wisely with my Smartpoints when we dine heading straight for the lean protein ( steak or chicken breast ) adding lots of " clean " veggies ( I'll request that they do not butter them ) or a garden salad, dressing on the side, and skip the carbs altogether.
    Just as satisfying to me.

So I am OVER THE MOON!! I found my leg braces! ( I knew they were buried way back with my uniforms ( retirement crap ) in a spot you can only get at while half hunched over ( a crawlspace? ) Well I sat on my tushie and 1 by 1 removed " walls " of stuff to retrieve them. You know when you are searching for something and you almost give up? Then suddenly you see the tip of it ( and these are a very distinct blue ) so I knew it was them. I scared Hamlet when I squealed!!
    I am sitting here now with NO PAIN!! lol. I know the leg pain is still stabbing me but I cannot feel it at all with the brace straps securing the plastic form hugging the whole area. What a find!! I actually forgot I had these or that they might even help me.
    harbie, Lynn49, Kyles_Mama and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

SassyAshley, I couldn't agree more! Cooking at home is absolutely the way to go in order to control what we eat. I think of all those people stuffing themselves with the McCrappy burgers, fast foods, while the people who actually OWN those places wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole! THEY'RE eating
    healthy!!!

Seems it's the people who can least afford to get sick who are devouring that stuff.
    Question is, why? Is it the convenience? Are they addicted to the taste, the fat? It's just so sad that people get themselves into that downward spiral, then can't find the strength to dig themselves out.

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information