User Tag List

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    lol!! hi @amira84 I also made lasagna, but mine only costs me 8 WW Smart points points a serving....hee hee. I go heavy on the cooked and drained x-tra lean ground beef and very light on the noodles and mozz cheese. Filling the space with veggies and spices.

Today is WW weigh in day for me. My first full week!

Yayyyy WOB is back. Hope you are feeling better now.
    I used to add peppers and mushrooms with lean ground beef but this time i didnt have mushrooms so i could only add peppers.
    I saw that we WW is not free so i can't do it. I will rather save this money to pay for my next semester fee. But if anyone is willing to share what this points system is all about, i am ready to do this WW challenge.

Lynn, you were wondering about my physical condition. Well... age 32, weight = 111.8 lbs in the morning and 113-114 lbs at night.(why do we weigh less in the morning? Which one is our real weight? The morning one or the night one?) I was at 109 lbs almost 8 yrs ago but after kids and 8 yrs put this fat on me. So i dont know if its appropriate for me to aim for my 24 yr old age weight. But i am trying. I still fit in my XS clothes but they are starting to look a little tight.
    I think its all about calories. If we are not burning our calories then we have to eat less than usual, but if we can burn calories by exercising then we can enjoy lasagna and pizza and chocolate too. So i exercise at night and try to burn some calories.
    And it's not all about burning calories. I like running because it makes me feel active, makes me sweat so my body gets rid of toxins, my skin looks better and it makes me feel lighter in general.

I would have loved to come here everyday and do this challenge with everyone but i am taking 2 courses this semester so all in all, you can say i am taking 5 courses. 2 educational courses, 2 kids, 1 hubby+house. So a full workload semester for me.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Looks like I'm the pokey one today.

Everyone REALLY seems on track which is fantastic!! Keep those 10-lb rewards in mind or plaster them on your fridge, every one of them, and start ticking them off, one by one, by 10 lb increments.

I've been stingy with myself all day because I made lasagna roll-ups for dinner of which I'll have one chubby one for about 9 points which still lets me have about 5 points at the end of the day, but I probably won't use it.

I do tend to want a little sumthin'-sumthin' in the evenings, so I have a cuppa green mint tea and my "apple pie" which is 0 points, or one of those snacky things that you can buy that's labelled 100 calories, etc. They are usually, I found, about 4 points each so if I do choose one of those gorgeous lemon bars, lol, I'll still be on track! Feels so good!! Hubby's cleaning up the mess I made in the kitchen so that feels good, too! I can really make a mess when I cook...anyone else like that? When we get together at our DD's home and I have to do my dish for the event, honestly, she follows me around with a cloth!! Not a word of a lie! She says she honestly doesn't know how I can make such a mess when I cook or bake...! She thinks it's hilarious, though, so we have a laugh about it all.

ANYhoodles! I'm so dang proud of all of us! This year it looks like everyone is on board to really make some changes. Some, like me, to lose old-age weight, others to just get more fit; it's all good. Although I wish I were in the latter catagory, but I'll get there.

Have a lovely evening, everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My week has not been the best. Things got more insane at work then I expected and was not getting in my six small meals a day. I was usually only getting in 2 meals a day so not good.

On the flip side my health does seem to getting better. I am currently adding Apple Cider Vinegar to my water plus have a bottle without Apple Cider Vinegar so my water intake has gone up.

I spent today prepping food for this week. It is going to be extremely hard and long week, I am all over the place this week but am hoping to find more structure this week and hopefully have a better week.
    harbie, Lynn49, Kyles_Mama and 3 others like this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I stayed pretty on track today!! Lynn, what's your recipe for "apple pie"? I found a recipe on the WW website, wonder if it's the same one? I made it for dessert tonight and it totally satisfied my sweet tooth
    harbie, Lynn49, Kyles_Mama and 2 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I stayed pretty on track today!! Lynn, what's your recipe for "apple pie"? I found a recipe on the WW website, wonder if it's the same one? I made it for dessert tonight and it totally satisfied my sweet tooth
    Hi, Sheets! Congratulations on staying on track!! Feels SO much better than cheating does! And happy your 'date' went well!

I call it "apple pie", but chefs today would probably call it "deconstructed apple pie" which means no one took the time to actually make an apple pie.

Here's what I do: for 1 Point!

Wash, quarter, and slice up an apple (I prefer Macs because they get soft like pie so quicky)

Mix together:
    4-5T of quick cooking oatmeal (sometimes I eliminate it)
    1T of Splenda brown sugar (worth the purchase lasts a very long time!)
    a few dashes of cinnamon to your taste (I use quite a bit)
    Mix in the apple slices and place in a microwave for 30+ seconds or until you like the texture.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jan 9th, 2016 at 06:29 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My week has not been the best. Things got more insane at work then I expected and was not getting in my six small meals a day. I was usually only getting in 2 meals a day so not good.

On the flip side my health does seem to getting better. I am currently adding Apple Cider Vinegar to my water plus have a bottle without Apple Cider Vinegar so my water intake has gone up.

I spent today prepping food for this week. It is going to be extremely hard and long week, I am all over the place this week but am hoping to find more structure this week and hopefully have a better week.
    Ashley, that's got to be difficult, being on the road like that, but grocery stores have prepped food that could be just the thing for you if you need something. Can you pre-freeze portions so that you can grab one out of the fridge and have it defrosted by the time you need it? Do the places you visit have microwaves? What about soups in a thermos?

As you say, though, if you're feeling better, that's one of the goals we're after here!! Good on you!!

I hope you have a better week, Ashley!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, I forgot...I calculated that one lasagna roll I made and it came in at 6 points!
    Hubby enjoyed them, so I'm going to make up a batch and freeze them either individually or in twos so that we can enjoy them anytime once again. Or...in 3s...since Hubby had 2 and I had 1....or maybe individually.....!! Or I have no idea!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

That is what I did today, made meals for the freezer I can just grab. All of our locations have kitchenettes so cooking in the location is no issue and both hotels I stay in also have microwaves.

My biggest issue this week was the girl I was training if my replacement and our job you sit at a computer all day so she sat with me almost all day and it was very intense training and I keep losing track of time and before I knew it I missed my 10 am snack and it as lunch or I missed my afternoon snack and it was almost time to go home. But I am hopeful going forward as our rule of thumb if 2 to 3 hours of training and then they go work with someone so hopefully that should allow me to get back on track.

The great news is I notice my cravings are way down now that my health is getting back in check. That is one side affect of the issues I am having is certain cravings and I have noticed those are going away and honestly I didn't realize how bad they were until they started going away.

I think part of my downfall to last week was the fact I was home and I thought it was going to be easy because I was home last week. Where is this week I am home but I am commuting about 1.5 hours per day so I now I have to be more organized. So that is what I am working on this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ashley, that's got to be difficult, being on the road like that, but grocery stores have prepped food that could be just the thing for you if you need something. Can you pre-freeze portions so that you can grab one out of the fridge and have it defrosted by the time you need it? Do the places you visit have microwaves? What about soups in a thermos?

As you say, though, if you're feeling better, that's one of the goals we're after here!! Good on you!!

I hope you have a better week, Ashley!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Who is with me on this? lol

Name:  1652_1134964863194326_3133273941673535759_n.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  25.0 KB

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

TaraF I totally agree especially if you "treat" yourself to something only to have it suck.
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Who is with me on this? lol

Name:  1652_1134964863194326_3133273941673535759_n.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  25.0 KB
    O my God! So true! There should be a money plus calorie refund for those things. Lol
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lynn: I am going to try your apple pie. With the new plan all my go to treats are not reasonable. The fibre 1 bar is 5 points. I am not spending 5 points for that. So I need a sweet treat sometimes, thankfully chocolate is not my weakness. I have been during lots of flavored tea with splenda.
    I am trying to add more protein as that is low points. Thankfully my family is very much a meat and potatoes (Brits). So tonight it was a turkey breast green beans and roasted veg. I wish I liked fish because that is really low point.
    I am looking to lighten up some recipes to get the sugar out. WW really feels like a diet now but it's just getting used to the change. I am making a pumpkin loaf from skinny taste on Sunday. I will let you know how it taste.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow congrats everyone in a great week!!! Late posting, I had to bring my son to Calgary to meet with a Career Councillor, he feels so much better after the meeting. Choosing colleges/Universities and careers is so tough at eighteen.
    I am down 2 pounds for the week and I am happy with that, so 14 pounds total since December 1st.
    It is freezing here tonight but my husband barbecued in the -24 weather, lean elk steak and I did fresh green beans with lemon pepper, tossed salad with some fake crab and baked potatoes with salsa, zero fat sour cream and cilantro. It was really good!!!
    Keep on going everyone, what a great first week!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Lynn: I am going to try your apple pie. With the new plan all my go to treats are not reasonable. The fibre 1 bar is 5 points. I am not spending 5 points for that. So I need a sweet treat sometimes, thankfully chocolate is not my weakness. I have been during lots of flavored tea with splenda.
    I am trying to add more protein as that is low points. Thankfully my family is very much a meat and potatoes (Brits). So tonight it was a turkey breast green beans and roasted veg. I wish I liked fish because that is really low point.
    I am looking to lighten up some recipes to get the sugar out. WW really feels like a diet now but it's just getting used to the change. I am making a pumpkin loaf from skinny taste on Sunday. I will let you know how it taste.
    Lilo, very true about wasting 5 points on one bar...I'd rather have a glass of wine! I don't crave chocolate either, although a few times a year you sure wouldn't know it! Thank goodness that seldom happens.

Like you, most of our meals consist of a meat, chicken or fish (if it's not 'fishy' tasting) and a plateful of steamed , baked or boiled veggies, usually a couple or a sort-of stir-fry without any oil. And yep, ita, it's pretty easy to make recipes healthy: just substitute ingredients...low or no fat cheeses, yoghurt, cottage cheese, sour cream...just watch that a whack of sugar hasn't been added. I had a nice big ham sandwich for lunch, totally legal, 8 points with light miracle whip...how can anyone feel deprived?!
    Keep up the great work!

SassyAshley, you're fortunate that you have access to a microwave wherever you travel, and yes, take a break for your snacks. Even your trainee likely needs one. If you get too immersed in your work, ask someone to remind you when it's 10 o'clock or whatever time you want to break. No one needs to know why, it's your business and you'll sure get thru the day better that way.

Sweet dreams, everyone! I fall asleep designing my new wardrobe...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sheetsofemptycanvas, sorry I forgot to post the shepherd's pie...so here it is, so easy and filling, I just stuff myself although it takes less food to do that lately.

8-Point shepherd's Pie

Brown a pound of ground beef, breaking up chunks until no longer pink.
    Drain and rinse in a sieve, place in a baking dish, and rinse the pan.
    Into that pan, spray for a few seconds with "Pam", add a finely diced onion and sauté. When they're getting too brown, toss in about a 1/4 cup of water to frizzle them, continuing to do that until they're translucent.
    Toss the onions and a couple crushed garlic cloves, into the bowl with the beef, add salt or sub, pepper and anything else you want (sautéed peppers, celery, etc). I usually don't.
    Drain a can of mixed veggies and toss them over the seasoned beef.
    Cover it all with salsa, enough to generally cover completely, don't skimp.
    Cook a head or bag of frozen cauliflower (nuke), until very soft, drain and place in a bowl and mash.
    If you have it, add a cup of fat free cottage cheese, some hot sauce, s&p and what my hubby does is use our stick blender and mash it all well.
    Dump and spread that onto the salsa, sprinkle with some Parmesan if you have it, or low fat cheddar, heat through and enjoy!

Now. Yes, canned mixed veggies has peas in it, and yes, salsa may have some sweetness, but if you're counting points, remember that you have about 40 points to "blow" thru the week and this us how I use them....I don't count them, I just know in my head that I can take a few liberties without blowing my diet.

Okay! Whachawaitin' for?! Enjoy!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jan 9th, 2016 at 11:09 PM.

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information