User Tag List

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Love all the snack-y ideas!!!I've considered actually joining WW, officially, but the idea of going to the meetings scares the crap outta me I'm really not a "people person" and the thought of walking into a room full of strangers makes me kinda sick. I'll stick to what I'm doing for now and maybe I'll change my mind in the future.

Overnight oats again for breakfast... I LOVED them yesterday morning Lunch is packed and ready to go (2 turkey and cheese roll ups, yogurt, babybell cheese, and a huge container of veggies and dip), took the shrimp out of the freezer to defrost for tonight, and now I'm enjoying my morning coffee

Here's tonight's supper http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/r...ecipeid=217971
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks @amira84 , I fully understand and I can sure relate to your Mom's age group ( MINE! ha ha ). It seems to take so much more effort and determination to take pounds off once you reach a " certain age " . Best of luck with your courses and studying.
    It is snowing here ( again....still ) wah!!!!
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today is a new day. Yesterday went fairly well until I got home and realized I missed Breakfast. I am still trying to figure out how I went from eating 2 breakfast a day (yes 2, one at 5 am before I leave for work and one at 10 to get me to noon so the second is really just a small snack made of breakfast foods).

So yesterday I had lunch, a snack and dinner so today my goal is to get in 2 more "meals". This should be 1st and 2nd breakfast as I do not snack after dinner. I always struggle with the 6th "meal" since I do not snack after dinner.

Today for breakfast I have Chia Seed pudding which I added some dried cranberries and sunflower seeds I found the pantry to bulk it up a little. Normally I add some yogurt to my Chia Seed pudding to give it more body but we were out of yogurt so I had to skip it.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

WALKS! Walks!! Guess what! You can now add gluten-free BIRDSEEDS to your diet!! How excited you must be!{{you}}
    Yep, Canada has just approved a new, "hairless" variety of birdseed for human consumption!

Hm. Might improve your singing voice!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!!

WALKS! Walks!! Guess what! You can now add gluten-free BIRDSEEDS to your diet!! How excited you must be!{{you}}
    Yep, Canada has just approved a new, "hairless" variety of birdseed for human consumption!

Hm. Might improve your singing voice!

I know! I cracked up when i saw that on the news! I am already too much of a birdbrain as it is!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Last night I totally changed my dinner plan . I ended up making an Indian style cutlet with lean ground beef and a bit of ground pork( the lean beef I get is more like extra lean so a bit of "fat" is needed). It was loaded with fresh grated ginger and garlic and gararm masala spice. The pan was dry when I seared the patties and then popped them into the oven to finish. I served a warm side of butternut squash (I'm addicted to it), onions and garlic with kale wilted in it. I used the pan that I seared the patties in so only a tiny bit of the drippings and chicken stock were used. I finished the night with a fruit smoothie without the chai seeds but I added some coco powder . Delish!

Im going to take it a bit easy today since I tweaked my lower back yesterday and I'm working later this week. If the rain eases I'll do a short walk otherwise I'll just finish all my laundry and maybe some light dusting if I feel up to it.

Off to load up on more veggies

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sheetsofcanvas, since you enjoy your overnight oats, perhaps you'll like this:

Cookiedough Overnight Oats

• 1/2 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
    • 3/4 cup(s) plain unsweetened almond milk
    • 1 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
    • 1/4 cup(s) protein powder
    • 1 tsp semisweet chocolate chips
    • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
    • 1/8 tsp sea salt

Mix everything up, divide into two jars, or bowls and refrigerate!
    2 Servings, 7 points each.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I know! I cracked up when i saw that on the news! I am already too much of a birdbrain as it is!!
    Well. There are just some things that can't be argued.

I just had an incredible breakfast! Cottage cheese pancakes!!! I want to refine it a little next time, because I just sloshed things together, but 5 pancakes for 6 points!!
    If you want to try it:
    1C ff cottage cheese
    1/4c flour (Hubby suggested protein powder, so I'll have to check out the numbers on it)
    1 egg
    cinnamon
    1 pkt sweet 'n low
    Mix everything together, spray a pan, and make small pancakes, but keep it low and slow so that the inside bakes nicely. The cheese of course, will stay soft. They only needed a tiny smear of lf butter, but I didn't even do that to the last 2!
    These I will make again!!

Gack!! Stick to the flour! 1gm of whey powder has 2 points!!!!
    Okay...I did a live chat at WW, and there seems to be a problem with the way they're weighing their whey...
    So she and I assume that for 17gm of powder, it's 2 points. The (1g) after that amount seems to be a discrepancy.
    Now....that's still WAAAAYYYY too many points. Stick to flour.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jan 12th, 2016 at 11:26 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning ladies! I haven't been on SC since Friday as my weekends are always packed with stuff to do. I am now catching up on all of the posts and you ladies are amazing. I love all your inspirational posts. Saturday I made a crustless broccoli and mushroom quiche with greek style roasted potatoes. Yesterday I boiled a lot of potatoes and then made this ground beef concoction to pour over the boiled potatoes. I think I did ok HOWEVER here is my weakness. I absolutely cannot live without sweets (cookies, pastries, etc.) I haven't had anything in over a week but I'm really feeling it. I need sweets. Lynn, your apple pie sounds amazing but that just doesn't cut it for me. I desperately need ideas for eating sweets. I'll even make/cook/bake anything healthy but sweet. Please help ladies! TIA.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some of you ladies really need to lose "Diet" from your vocab. A diet is a temporary solution. This is a life style change and need to eat like this for the rest of your life, or the weight will just come back.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

What type of sweet is it you like/want to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    Good morning ladies! I haven't been on SC since Friday as my weekends are always packed with stuff to do. I am now catching up on all of the posts and you ladies are amazing. I love all your inspirational posts. Saturday I made a crustless broccoli and mushroom quiche with greek style roasted potatoes. Yesterday I boiled a lot of potatoes and then made this ground beef concoction to pour over the boiled potatoes. I think I did ok HOWEVER here is my weakness. I absolutely cannot live without sweets (cookies, pastries, etc.) I haven't had anything in over a week but I'm really feeling it. I need sweets. Lynn, your apple pie sounds amazing but that just doesn't cut it for me. I desperately need ideas for eating sweets. I'll even make/cook/bake anything healthy but sweet. Please help ladies! TIA.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    What type of sweet is it you like/want to eat?
    Hi Sassy. I would either be looking for a "healthy" cookie or muffin recipe. I just found a lemon muffin recipe online but is 176 calories good or bad?

Thanks Sassy.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Good day all! I've finally caught up on all the posts in this tread. Congrats to all of you who have seen success on your goals so far this year! Its inspiring to be able to read them

I made it to the gym yesterday and squeezed in some work out time after my last afternoon meeting I emptied my purse into my gym backpack so that I can't 'forgot' it at home during the week anymore. I enjoy cardio at the gym but I'm also looking to gain muscle/strength because I'm currently really 'soft'. Thanks for the suggestion of Circuit training Lynn, I'll have to go looking on youtube!

I took some leftover soup, Greek yogurt and some cheddar cheese for lunch today. I didn't make it to the store for groceries yesterday, so I definitely have to go tonight. I've decided to use the 21-day fix rules as a guideline for changing my eating habits. I need to incorporate more veggies into my diet and eat more proteins throughout the day.

I also broke down and booked a physio appointment for tomorrow. I pulled my right hip flexor in the summer and the chiropractor got me straightened back out again but it started pulling again about a week ago. I thought I could stretch it out again myself, but its still really tight. I never had any problems like this before I started sitting at a desk 8 hrs a day. Part of the reason why getting back into gym and moving is going to be so important this year.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Hi Sassy. I would either be looking for a "healthy" cookie or muffin recipe. I just found a lemon muffin recipe online but is 176 calories good or bad?

Thanks Sassy.
    Have you heard of cookies that are made from just mashed banana and oatmeal? You can add vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, etc. to make it to your liking. You can also do these up as squares. Some variations on the recipe call for some peanut butter.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am not a calorie counter, I have a bit of OCD and things like calorie counting take me to bad places so I cannot comment on the calories.

What I usually look at is how much sugar is in what I am making as well what type of fat is used. In a lot of cases you can sub out apple sauce or banana for oil/butter. Also you have to not think about what isn't in the baked good. For lunches I tend to make healthier baked goods and my mom loves them until she is home to see what I do not put in the recipe. Example being I made some peanut butter cookies, she loved them ate pretty all of them until a couple weeks later when she was home to watch me make them and saw no butter and either little or no sugar and decided they were gross. I think a lot of them time it comes down to tricking our own minds when we know what is missing in a dish.

Thanks Sassy.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information