User Tag List

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Sheetsofcanvas, since you enjoy your overnight oats, perhaps you'll like this:

Cookiedough Overnight Oats

• 1/2 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
    • 3/4 cup(s) plain unsweetened almond milk
    • 1 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
    • 1/4 cup(s) protein powder
    • 1 tsp semisweet chocolate chips
    • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
    • 1/8 tsp sea salt

Mix everything up, divide into two jars, or bowls and refrigerate!
    2 Servings, 7 points each.
    Ok, that looks fantastic!!!! I'm definitely making that for tomorrow

As for the sweets, I can totally relate to that... I have a major sweet tooth. I'll definitely be watching for some "healthy" treats!
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Cookie dough oatmeal- done and in the fridge! I used white chocolate chips because that's all I had and vanilla almond milk. Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!!
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i found out about Pure protein and Cliff bars ....the Cliff white chocolate and macadamia nuts are so yummy
    and well balanced for me without the chimical taste than other brands bars....

so that's make a good breakfast for me.....
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 4 others like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For you sweets lovers, perhaps there's something in here?

http://www.skinnymom.com/category/re...ts-and-sweets/

37 Calorie 2 point Brownies

• 3/4 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt, vanilla
    • 1/4 cup(s) plain unsweetened almond milk, or skim
    • 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 1/2 cup(s) uncooked rolled oats
    • 1/2 cup(s) sugar substitute
    • 1 large egg(s)
    • 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 1/8 tsp table salt

Instructions

• -Preheat oven to 400 -Grease 8X9 pan -Combine all ingredients and blend about 1 minutes -Pour into prepared pan -Bake 15 minutes -Cool and cut into 9 squares

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Peanut Butter Cookies

• 1 cup(s) reduced sodium peanut butter
    • 1 large egg(s)
    • 1/2 cup(s) sugar
    • 1/2 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350F; Combine all ingredients. Dropped by spoonful onto a cookie tray lined with parchment paper. Bake.

Personally I'd reduce it even more by just using 1/2c Splenda Brown sugar!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes

• 14 oz crushed pineapple canned in juice
    • 1 package(s) angel food cake mix

Instructions

• Heat oven to 350F. Line 2 - 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners. In large bowl, mix dry angel food cake mix and crushed pineapple until combined. scoop or spoon into cupcake liners. Bake 15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Turn out onto cooling rack.
    • Makes 24, 2 points each
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 13th, 2016 at 07:34 AM.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Those pineapple cupcakes look really good! I'll have to try those.

So I kind of messed up today I met a friend for breakfast and had a BIG breakfast... so supper tonight is 2 slices of fat free turkey breast with a wedge of light laughing cow cheese spread on them and the leftover sauteed peppers, onions, and mushrooms from a few nights ago.
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

What's everyone's favorite lunches? I've found lots of recipes but would like to know what everyone else does! I've gotten into a groove with breakfast (a meal I skipped for years) but I'm still struggling with lunch.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh. Oh.
    Is everyone hiding this morning?
    Is our resolve dwindling?
    I hope it's because you're all just busy....

Still on track today, ready to prepare my smoothie. I was up waaaay too early, so I've only had a couple of cups of coffee, watched the news with my hubby and chatted.

I have a brand new sewing machine as of yesterday, a computerized one and it just slips along fabric like butter!! So I'll finish sewing my new top today and cut something else out. Yes, busy times in the fast lane!

Sheetsofemptycanvas, lunches around here would be far different from what you gals have to prepare for work or being on the road, although I still do enjoy a nice bit fat ham sandwich loaded with lettuce. It sort of reminds of of summer somehow....weird. I hope you get more ideas from others here...for now, my breakfast calls me.

Curt81, you are absolutely RIGHT! This is a 'for life' thing not a diet, although it still may be one since I want to lose weight but yes....it's not just a 'for now' thing at all. I used to call it my new "way of eating", or WOE for short, but that's such a sad little abbreviation. Eating for Life? EFL? My Dad used to say that some people eat to live, but he loved to eat...I am training myself in the former rather than the later and treating food as fuel instead of rewards and indulgences; if anyone can come up with an acronym for that, that makes any sense, I'd love to hear it!

Take good care, everyone, and have a HEALTHY day!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone! Thank you so much for all the "sweet" recipes. Lynn, the pineapple muffins sounds amazing. I will definitely give it a try. I think I found another one yesterday that was for pumpkin muffins. As much as I love my cookies and pastries...I still have not caved. In that sense, I am proud of myself but I know I can't do this forever. I'm drinking way more water and eating way more fruit. Made pasta with broccoli last night and brought that for lunch today. I had roasted chicken deli meat sandwich for lunch yesterday. Lunches are usually sandwiches for me. I know that sounds boring but I can't have big meals at work because then I will want to take a nap right after so I avoid them altogether. I will try to bake as many "healthy" sweets this weekend and freeze them. If I can conquer my sweet tooth during all of this, I think I will be good. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. So far I am at 3. Just wish summer was here so I could walk more. Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I like to snack throughout the day, so my lunches tend to be a combination of snack items like cheese, crackers, bananas, oatmeal, greek yogurt, cut up fruit (really need to add more cut up veggies), etc.

Other times I will make a cup of soup in the morning to take or if I have leftovers from supper that DH hasn't ate in the middle of the night, I'll take those.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Hello!! Busy morning for me... how is it I'm busier on my day off than on a work day? LOL

The cookie dough oats were delicious Filled me up and now I'm on to lunch (one of those healthy steamer things)

Hope everyone has a great day and stay warm!
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

no hiding Lynn just never got on line today ( till now ) After dropping DD at work and shopping for a few b'day gifts for DS I came home to make my yummy breakfast. Rainbow trout, egg white omelet and oatmeal. I might have a big bowl of that pumpkin/beet/veg soup at lunch, not sure what protein I'll have with it as it fills you right up. Last night I baked up another pan of GF lasagna but this time for the sauce I used 1/2 jar of fat free salsa and 1/2 can tomato paste and added other herbs, spices too. Oh the aroma was heavenly but I had to let it all firm up in the fridge, so I might have 1 serving for dinner. ( the pan makes 4 servings, and they are quite substantial too....8 points each )
    Carry on ladies! (

oh and HI CURT!!! @curt81
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

No hiding Lynn just cleaning, and arranging my fitness equipment the way I wanted it. Great for days like today that are so cold I am NOT going outside. Can't make me.

Breakfast was oatmeal and a coffee. Lunch was a bagel with jalapeno cheese and mediterranean chicken and dinner will be soup and a sandwich. And tonight is exercise time since everything is in place now.

Name:  Making-it-Happen-2016-featured.png
Views: 302
Size:  53.6 KB

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information