User Tag List

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2072Likes

Thread: March 2016 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

March 2016 Frugal Chatter
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Crochetlady, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

subscribing

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well up at 4.30 -my foot is killing me like a heel spur from walking fast paced yesterday for 30 minutes -uggg I wear orthodics -this getting older sucks sometimes
    -so I soaked it for a bit -gotta babysit at 7.00 a.m til 620 today and Tuesday long days-mind you she wakes up at 8.00 a.m
    -well I know who will be on the couch when she goes down for a nap this afternoon -me

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am so sick of being sick. In a couple days it`ll be a month. The cough still isn`t gone and now I can`t regulate my body temp. I`m either really hot or cold. This morning I was up at 4:00 because I was too cold to sleep. Took a hot shower and am starting to warm up now.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Mon, Feb 29th, 2016 at 06:15 AM. Reason: can`t spell

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I am so sick of being sick. In a couple days it`ll be a month. The cough still isn`t gone and now I can`t regulate my body temp. I`m either really hot or cold. This morning I was up at 4:00 because I was too cold to sleep. Took a hot shower and am starting to warm up now.
    I know how you feel! I had that horrible cough for month a few years ago. It seemed like it would never go. Hope it passes soon!

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well up at 4.30 -my foot is killing me like a heel spur from walking fast paced yesterday for 30 minutes -uggg I wear orthodics -this getting older sucks sometimes
    -so I soaked it for a bit -gotta babysit at 7.00 a.m til 620 today and Tuesday long days-mind you she wakes up at 8.00 a.m
    -well I know who will be on the couch when she goes down for a nap this afternoon -me
    Sometimes soaking your feet helps and resting them helps but nothing is worse then sore feet. I feel for you. Hope the pain eases up soon.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    DH has been fighting the Flu for 2 weeks and just easing up today. Still having a hard time breathing. He also says he is sick of being sick. This is a really bad one this year. His cough is scary as he coughs so hard. Also hot and then cold. I hope you both mend soon.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone Will try and do some house work today but not feeling 100% and DH is very sick. Just keeping up.
    Good news is with only buying essentials and using up tons of Pantry and freezer items for the month of Feb. I put some money in my savings. Was so pleased with myself. Such a nice feeling Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy almost March! I am away with DS this up coming weekend for a hockey tournament. I have already transferred the money to my credit card to pay for our weekend away I have been gathering a few things to save us money. Case of water, treats etc. Will bring cereal and milk. Microwave popcorn. Fruit and bagels and cream cheese since he likes that. Tomorrow night I will dig out our swimsuits for the pool and hot tub and start packing our bags.

I cleaned up my budget etc today. Put extra money in TFSA and a credit on my future splurge credit card.

We made (my honey lol) made us homemade pizza last night again and it was amazing. Even the teen loved it. So next weekend I plan on making it again and making everyone thier own special pizza since it was a huge hit. We decided last night that we are going to make it more often since it was so good and easy to make (and we have everything on hand usually anyway but the crusts) We bought them at Walmart. We have made them ourselves before but didn't love it. We may try again down the road. But regardless, still cheaper then eating out and taste so much better then the usual cheap crap pizza.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Feb 29th, 2016 at 10:39 AM.
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Subscribing
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Happy almost March! I am away with DS this up coming weekend for a hockey tournament. I have already transferred the money to my credit card to pay for our weekend away I have been gathering a few things to save us money. Case of water, treats etc. Will bring cereal and milk. Microwave popcorn. Fruit and bagels and cream cheese since he likes that. Tomorrow night I will dig out our swimsuits for the pool and hot tub and start packing our bags.

I cleaned up my budget etc today. Put extra money in TFSA and a credit on my future splurge credit card.

We made (my honey lol) made us homemade pizza last night again and it was amazing. Even the teen loved it. So next weekend I plan on making it again and making everyone thier own special pizza since it was a huge hit. We decided last night that we are going to make it more often since it was so good and easy to make (and we have everything on hand usually anyway but the crusts) We bought them at Walmart. We have made them ourselves before but didn't love it. We may try again down the road. But regardless, still cheaper then eating out and taste so much better then the usual cheap crap pizza.
    Would you be able to give the recipe for pizza?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Would you be able to give the recipe for pizza?
    We bought the crusts at Walmart this time (thin crust) just everything else was fresh (veggies, chicken etc)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My Sportchek coupons expired today so went to see what I could find for deals for kids (on only what we need) Already bought the youngest new runners for when the snow is gone so wanted to get a pair for oldest and needed slip on sandals (for beach) and soccer cleats for youngest. Well they had a table of soccer cleats on for 1/2 price (Nike, Adidas etc) so picked up a pair of Nike cleats $29.99 and Nike slip on sandals $29.99. Used spend $50 save $10 coupon so now he has 3 new shoes and is set for the summer season!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady so sorry to hear you are still not feeling a 100%, have you booked a follow up appointment?
    @coupon girl hope your feet/foot feels better

Another snow day here....sigh....and perhaps another 2 to go with the weather forecast.

The last of the frozen pizza for supper and leftover ribs with rice & veggies.

We got the last of our T4's today so dh will be dropping off tomorrow on his way home to get them done up (ours are way to complicated so we get them done) not frugal but not worth the hassle PLUS the accountant deals with revenue Canada on our behalf so in the end money well spent in my opinion. I'm hoping they get done by early next week if not sooner.

I'm hoping to get a return and we already have the contractor booked to do renos in our room and Logan's old room and depending on the amount we may get a few more things done.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

February where have you gone to? Welcome March!! ( in a few hours )
    Things feel a bit calmer budget wise right now......just trying to figure out if I have forgotten something?

babies teach us acceptance

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information