User Tag List

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    When, in god's green earth, will Paul Ryan come out and say exactly what he thinks of that scuzzy, creepy individual??!!
    I think the time is finally HERE!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This creep needs to be castrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lecale likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Why didn't all of this come out much sooner?
    If anyone took the time to read any of Trump's books, they'd see he's been very open about and proud of this behaviour for decades.

Trump is extremely litigious...no doubt that has kept many women silent. He threatened to sue the NYT for publishing two women's accounts yesterday.

I don't think this is any surprise at all - it's just that the media has finally turned their attention to the women's claims. The NYT wrote in May about one of the women assaulted. No one paid attention.

It's only because Trump has been trashing Bill Clinton that this has become an issue for Trump. He never should have opened that can of worms - people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?
    anisa and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trump: "candidate for peace" according to moscow.
    I bet putin's wetting his pants thinking of how much more money trump will pump into his country; two creeps in a back-room...just makes my skin crawl.

Vladimir Putin ally says Americans must vote for Donald Trump or face nuclear war: 'If they vote for Hillary it’s war'

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...=NYDailyNewsTw

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

poor them....imho
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I just had to take a second shower after watching DJT on tv. He was live ( CNN ) and it said he was going to address the accusations against him of sexual assaults on these women that have spoken out. I listened and waited what seemed like forever for him to get past all the attacks on Hilary and of course to drone on and on about the conspiracy against him. It is HIM against the entire corrupt Political machine doncha know?
    At one point he did call these women liars and their stories lies, so there's that??

I just pressed " record " to return to it later, a person can only watch so much of his nonsense.
    My DD and I play a game now, I mean the man only has the same 6 words in his vocabulary and every time he uses one....we take a drink!!
    These words/phrases include " fabulous, great, ( greatest ) tremendous, beautiful, horrible, really really, and believe me....which we don't!

anisa, Patty Smyth and lecale like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

exactly!! Mr. Trump has been in the public eye for almost 30+ years and all of a sudden these "allegations" are coming from the woodwork's, paid and coerced from the Clintons and corrupt liberals.
    Natalka likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    exactly!! Mr. Trump has been in the public eye for almost 30+ years and all of a sudden these "allegations" are coming from the woodwork's, paid and coerced from the Clintons and corrupt liberals.
    You thought Trump was pure as the driven snow?

You should read the filthy stuff he's written about himself in his books.

(And that is why he cannot sure the NYT over these allegations: he has defamed himself with his own words long before these 10 accusations.)
    anisa and walkonby like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Because as with Cosby it's the threat of exposure, lawsuit, ridicule etc. and as with Cosby the "inner circle" knew or suspected as well as whispers for many years from employees. None of these revelations are surprising.

What still surprises me to this day is that after this speech it should have been over on DAY 1. June 25, 2015

No other presidential candidate would ever have gotten away with saying this. It should have ended there. Can you imagine if Obama or Hillary said this, game over.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/06...-intv-erin.cnn
    anisa and Darth Penguin like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Except, people have been talking about him for years, about how he interacts with women. But like Crosby, Savile, Harris, Sandusky et al....no-one wanted to believe the victims due the the accused being famous and /or popular.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Lou Dobbs tweets accuser's phone number,address

Fox Business Network anchor Lou Dobbs publicized the address and phone number of Jessica Leeds, one of the women who accused Donald Trump of groping her, to his 792,000 followers on Thursday morning.
    Dobbs linked to a post from a conservative news site that purported to link Leeds to the Clinton Foundation. The site published Leeds' address and phone number — taken from public records — and then claimed, falsely, that her phone number is the same as a phone number for the Clinton Foundation.
    He also quoted a tweet from a Trump supporter, which has since been deleted, that included Leeds' phone number and address.
    Dobbs' tweet has been retweeted more than 800 times.
    Update, 3:25 p.m.: Dobbs tweeted a link to this post along with an apology: "My Retweet, My Mistake, My Apology to Jessica Leeds"

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow. Once again, you vilify women who come forward because they weren't BRAVE enough to face the press, an onslaught of highly paid defense laywers and the media when their attackers are high profile "celebrities'?
    No wonder women don't come forward with that kind of pre-judgement against them!

...(un-named to protect her) is one of countless women in Canada and around the world whose side of the story was not considered to be enough. When women recently came forward with sex assault allegations against former CBC broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi, there was swift backlash demanding why they hadn’t come forward sooner. It was in this context of vilifying the accusers thatMontreal Gazette reporter Sue Montgomery initiated the Twitter hashtag #BeenRapedNeverReported, which went viral after tapping into simmering anger among women who had long stayed silent.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/been-raped-never-reported-why-90-of-sex-assault-victims-stay-silent-rather-than-face-trial-by-ordeal

Contrary to what must be popular belief, society's compulsion to "assume the victim is lying" does nothing to protect the wrongly-accused but instead serves to vilify and demean the victim--lessening the likelihood that genuine victims will step forward--and remove responsibility from the alleged perpetrator. The frightening reality is that blaming/shaming the victim continues. In 2012, the coverage of theSteubenville rape case was filthy with victim blaming and defense of the alleged attackers in both the court of public opinion and conventional media. I still don't understand how we can blame a 16-year-old girl for her own rape, but it happens. All the time.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/shannon...b_3655444.html

On why women don't report rapes:Survivors cite the following reasons for not reporting a sexual assault:

• Fear of reprisal
    • Personal matter
    • Reported to a different official
    • Not important enough to respondent
    • Belief that the police would not do anything to help
    • Belief that the police could not do anything to help
    • Did not want to get offender in trouble with law
    • Did not want family to know
    • Did not want others to know
    • Not enough proof
    • Fear of the justice system
    • Did not know how
    • Feel the crime was not “serious enough”
    • Fear of lack of evidence
    • Unsure about perpetrator’s intent
    http://www.umd.edu/ocrsm/files/Why-I...r-Reported.pdf

WHY women don't report rape:
    http://globalnews.ca/news/1845136/wh...-when-they-do/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b071840410b8d6

http://www.liberateyourself.co.uk/su...eport-my-rape/

I can't believe these things still need to be pointed out!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Some women are raised to believe that any sex before marriage makes you unworthy, soiled,

Instead, she says, people need to talk seriously about the realities of rape, and educate others about their own self-worth and about consent.
    "Especially for girls in Utah, that would be great, because I know I was raised to be kind, to be polite," she says. "You didn't say no, you only said yes. I wish the word 'no' was emphasized. 'No' is a good word to say every now and again, especially when it comes to your personal well-being."
    And while abstinence-focused teachers — in public schools and on Sundays — might not intend to be cruel, tying a person's value to sexual cleanliness is harmful.
    "When I was first raped, I didn't realize there was a difference between rape and sex," she says. "Immediately, in my little 14-year-old mind when that happened, I thought, 'I'm impure. Who will ever want to marry me now?' If my parents knew what happened, would they even want me back, or would they think, 'Good thing we had six kids 'cause we still have five others'?"
    Smart says her No. 1 goal is for her own daughter to know that she's loved unconditionally. And that if she's scared, if she feels threatened, to fight back with the knowledge that her mother will be there to back her up — whether that's in a courtroom, a police station or just the principal's office.
    "As much as I want to isolate and protect my daughter from the world, I know that would not be doing her any favors," Smart says.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Someone attempted to rape me when I was in grade 10. I never told a soul.
    I didn't want to drag my family into anything sordid.
    I honestly don't know what I would have done if he succeeded.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

People Actually Want to Repeal Women’s Right to Vote
    http://motto.time.com/4529800/donald...alflow_twitter

Nate Silver, FiveThirtyEight’s editor-in-chief, tweeted images of the voting maps split by gender, which caused a grossly sexist trend to being on Twitter: #RepealThe19th. The 19th refers to the 19th Amendment in which women are granted the right to vote.

As the hashtag began picking up momentum on Twitter, men, women, and trolls alike all engaged in the process. Some supporters called upon the government to “enforce the Constitution” in order to repeal the amendment.
    ...and they say the Muslims are bad to women...

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information