User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Goodbye Target. Hello Giant Tigers - More Tigers coming!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Giant Tiger wants to open 10-15 new stores each year for the next 3-5 years.
    They are only 55 years old.
    And have online shopping too -- free delivery to the store.

Nice that there are more shopping choices.
    Nice that another Canadian company is doing well.

The company also has plans to revamp the design of its locations and increase its product offerings in order to build a better shopping experience. Growing its e-commerce business has also been a top priority.
    Selling everything from groceries to big-screen TVs, the national discount chain credits the key to its survival and more importantly, its success over the last half-century, to delivering value to shoppers in the know.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/giant...pers-1.3022532
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger, Shoppers Drug Mart, Target

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Aug 11th, 2016 at 05:37 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ your attachments don't work.

So interesting that GT has done well right across the country. We have two in our city, and each is very different from the other - we will only shop at one of them.
    My only complaint is that they are very often OOS of flyer items pretty quickly.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I like giant tiger, I always frequent it when I'm in cottage country because they are literally on every corner it feels like.

my complaint is that the closest ones to me are at least a 25 minute drive
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hope we see one in Kamloops. Our Target is still sadly empty and that mall is not doing very well.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to shop at Giant Tiger quite frequently when I lived just 5 minutes from the location in Dartmouth, NS. Although after moving to Bedford, NS there nearest Giant Tiger is a 20 minute drive.....which sort of defeats the savings I'd have shopping there. i tend to shop at the stores closer to my home now.
    walkonby, Candini, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I love GT! They have a great women's clothing selection (better than Walmart IMO) and great prices. Glad to see them still going strong

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes!! I heard this on the news about GT expanding. My feelings about their stores are positive as they have regular sales of items I use, the only thing is the 2 near me are not THAT near me, so unless I am going that way for something else I won't make a separate trip for an item.
    Natalka, Shwa Girl and Candini like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hopefully they come to Red Deer.
    Shwa Girl, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good news. I keep reading nice things about GT.
    The closest store for me is too far away so I hope one will open nearby.
    There's so many empty stores around so it shouldn't be hard for them to find a good spot.
    Shwa Girl, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am the odd one out here, I do not like Giant Tiger. Our local store actually expanded a few years back and has gone downhill since. It reminds me the old BiWay stores which were impossible to find anything in. There is no order to the store it is just where ever we can cram it on a shelf we do, clothing is all over the floor, the mix women, men, and children clothes on the same rack, dump bins have multiple products at different price points all dump into one.

Also in our store the staff is not at all helpful if you ask if they have something or where to find something the answer is always I don't know or we might but I don't know where. As well they never have stock of anything that is on sale especially grocery items and if you ask about the item the answer usually is I don't even know if we carry it in this store just because it is on sale doesn't mean we sell it. Which I get not every store stocks everything but it seems like if it is grocery and on sale they do not have it.

Maybe I will have to check out another store one day in my travels and see if other stores are any better.
    Shwa Girl and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I am the odd one out here, I do not like Giant Tiger. Our local store actually expanded a few years back and has gone downhill since. It reminds me the old BiWay stores which were impossible to find anything in. There is no order to the store it is just where ever we can cram it on a shelf we do, clothing is all over the floor, the mix women, men, and children clothes on the same rack, dump bins have multiple products at different price points all dump into one.

Also in our store the staff is not at all helpful if you ask if they have something or where to find something the answer is always I don't know or we might but I don't know where. As well they never have stock of anything that is on sale especially grocery items and if you ask about the item the answer usually is I don't even know if we carry it in this store just because it is on sale doesn't mean we sell it. Which I get not every store stocks everything but it seems like if it is grocery and on sale they do not have it.

Maybe I will have to check out another store one day in my travels and see if other stores are any better.
    I think head office would like to know about what's going on in your store. Maybe their online chat might work
    http://www.gianttiger.com/category/c.../contact-us.do
    SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yes!! I heard this on the news about GT expanding. My feelings about their stores are positive as they have regular sales of items I use, the only thing is the 2 near me are not THAT near me, so unless I am going that way for something else I won't make a separate trip for an item.
    Exactly feel the same, there's never enough to make a special trip.
    What I do like, though, is that the one we like is near the industrial area, so it's kinda on my husband's way home from work.... so I do take advantage of that and he doesn't mind shopping there for a few things every once in a while.
    walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love GT! I will shop there over Walmart any day. I wish they would expand their stores and offer more items. I find mine has gotten a lot busier since Zellers closed.
    Natalka, KJH, web3 and 2 others like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love Giant Tiger but still miss Zellers....I still have clothes that I bought at Zellers.
    GoJays and dededi like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information