• 3 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 5 Post By EvilTofu
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Stores offering Thanksgiving meals you can order ahead

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Oct 6th, 2016
    Depending where you live, you may have a store or two in your area that is offering one or more Thanksgiving meal options you can order by a set deadline and pick up for Thanksgiving. Here are the ones I've come across:

Longos (Ontario)-$99.99 Thanksgiving meal: slow roasted brined turkey and your choice of 5 sides (from 16 options). Order at the Personal Touch store counter or by toll-free number by OCT.3 before 5pm. http://www.longos.com/Home/Home.aspx
    Offer mentioned online and also in detail in the Longos Experience fall 2016 magazine.

Sobeys Extra (seen in Ontario flyer): $89.99-turkey plus cranberry sauce, gravy and garlic mashed potatoes plus a $10 Sobeys gift card if order is made before Oct.1 See page 14 of the Sept. 22 flyer here: http://www.sobeys.com/en/weekly-flyer/?f=801

Whole Foods Market-BC & Ontario-you have to select your local store to see how many meal or side options are available to order. See the deals offered through the Oakville ON store here: https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/shop/OAK/2885

I don't see an order deadline for the Whole Foods Market meals.

Please add stores that you know of offering prepared meals you can order/pay for in advance to save you the time and effort of cooking!
    This thread is currently associated with: Longo's, Sobeys
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sobeys/Safeway west 79.99

4 kg fresh turkey
    1.6 kg garlic mashed potatoes
    500 g whole cranberry sauce
    500 g gravy

pre-order before Oct. 6 and get 50 bonus AM

(think this is a pretty awful deal - no veggies, no salad, no stuffing)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Natalka -at least there's a turkey with the expected side dishes. One could probably find something in the produce section
    or frozen section to supplement the meal. Interesting that there is no $10 gc offered.

Just noticed on Twitter that GroceryGateway.com also offers the Longos turkey kit deal. See details: https://www.grocerygateway.com/store/turkeykit?
    Orders are available while supplies last with deliveries targeted for Sept. 30 to Oct. 9.
    Wonder if that GroceryGateway code ("welcome" -case sensitive-to save $10 at checkout) from the postcard would be eligible to take off a discount on the order?
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Sep 29th, 2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Kind off topic but wow that's expensive

I get why people do it but we are having about 16 people for a bit cheaper than that

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ciel, the price is $10 less - mind you, the AM are worth $5.

For that big price, adding three sides worth two bucks each should be included (e.g. corn, coleslaw, dressing). If I'm not cooking, I don't want to be cooking anything. Oh, and how about a pumpkin pie?
    (It's moot for me, my men don't like turkey, so we never have it - and I do love it!)

Thatdone, I know, it's a crazy price but sometimes it's circumstances.

One year when my older sister was unexpectedly stuck having Th. dinner when a SIL at short notice couldn't host, and there was lots going on in her own family, she got the Th meal ordered in from a local hotel (think upscale traditional) - in those circumstances, she just didn't mind paying a premium.
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Sep 28th, 2016 at 10:41 PM.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post

I get why people do it but we are having about 16 people for a bit cheaper than that
    I'd imagine it's a good option for seniors or people with disabilities who would like to host thanksgiving in their home but may be unable to stand all day cooking
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Ciel like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post

Yup they are expensive. Lot of times they are not even as big as they look. If they advertise it as say meal for 12, its probably 5-6.

Most of the price is the cost of labour and overheads like rent. The ingredients are probably just worth 1/3 rd the price.

Sometimes going to a simple basic restaurant ( nothing fancy ) , could be cheaper than ordering from these places !

plus some things are semi-cooked and still have to be heated and warmed and cooked a bit, when you get them home. So its not really totally hassle free or labour free !

But I think its good for busy people, seniors, short notice, plus some people don't really have too much confidence in their cooking and don't want to mess up in front of guests.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Having made garlic mashed potatoes once at home, I know I like my potatoes the traditional milk & butter way without the garlic.
    Thus the appeal of the Longo's meal offer-there are so many options for the five sides. I'd skip the sauce and go for vegetable dishes I don't usually have.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and dededi like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It must be popular because I know even a few restaurants offer the we cook you pick up or we deliver for dinner at home with the family.

I guess for those who do not cook but still want to celebrate at home with the family.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

In the quest for contests, I've subscribed to various stores' e-newsletters.

Pusateri's, the upscale grocery stores with locations in the Greater Toronto area, also offers Thanksgiving meals. Today
    is the last day to order a Rosh Hashanah catered meal. https://www.pusateris.com/collection...eid=db1c06852c

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

www.yummymarket.com had an ad in Das journal for Thanksgiving meals. I see a partial photo on the Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1683255945325964/

There are two locations of Yummy Market in Toronto.

For Pane Fresco fans of the Fortinos grocery store chains, be aware that there are some Thankgiving options available through the Pane Fresco catering option (72h advance order required and minimum $ value of order also applies). There are Thanksgiving handbills at checkouts in the stores (found one yesterday near the new 2016/17 fall/winter Pane Fresco catering menus).

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you have a small family, you can go to T&T Supermarket. They offer 2 lbs carved turkey with Chinese food sides, soup/dessert. Meal A $36.88 for 3-4 people, Meal B $42.88 for 6-8 people. Must order at least 2 days prior to pick up.

https://www.tnt-supermarket.com/on/w...es_GTA_Web.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by EvilTofu; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2016 at 06:20 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Longos Ancaster is selling Longo's Signature roast turkey by the weight for three days and 500 Thank You Rewards points.
    Longo’s Signature
    Fresh Turkey

$1.99/lb 4.39/kg
    Only at Longo's Ancaster
    3 Days Only - Oct. 7th to 9th
    Earn 500 Thank You Rewards Points
    and a different turkey offer (no points though)
    Longo’s Fresh Ontario
    Boneless White and Dark
    Turkey Roast

$6.99/lb 15.41/kg
    Save $1/lb
    @EvilTofu -that flyer has lots of good food shown!

Thread Information