User Tag List

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I want to say that I may have seen them at my RCSS but can't confirm. Ours has 3 areas where the gift cards are so I will take a look next time I am there.
    I would really appreciate it, if it's not too much trouble as you frequent the stores more often than I do.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I find sears has come down in price on their sale items and clearance
    -and the bay well its pricey but online clearance is super great deals example my 45.00 sheer peach blouse I paid 6.40 online cant beat that price
    -I am really loving the gap online really good deals with 40% off clearance and some days shipping is free -one of Sebastian shirt (long sleeve with 2 domes at top )was 3.44-that my friends is cheaper than thrift
    -and loving the few tops I have gotten for myself from the gap and one from sears clearance
    -gotta go check the supper
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Nov 9th, 2016 at 04:19 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I am down with my second cold in 3 weeks-courtesy of the 2 year old twin boys I am sure-oh well what can you do. Looking forward to the long weekend with my family-we have had several 20 degree days of late-hard to believe it is Nov-the snow is usually flying this time of year.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain -Calgary needs to enjoy the spring weather whenever it does arrive. Snow seems to be an all year round occurrence in Calgary. Maybe the sunshine will help your cold to go away. Hope you feel better soon.
    @Barbi s -I'm a Hamilton library user and can register my card at BPL for up to 8 items on loan. I did not know about the interlibrary loan option between Halton library systems. Hamilton used to be able to get free interlibrary loans from almost any Ontario library (including the National Library or the local university) but that stopped years ago.
    The Mapleview Sears was in my plan for this afternoon but then I decided to wait for another day after I finished with today's laundry loads.

For anyone wanting new casserole dishes, here is a list of ones that the Cooking section of New York Times tweeted about tonight-the roasted squash casserole sounds great to me!
    http://cooking.nytimes.com/68861692-...ing-casseroles

I did manage to visit the Meadowlands tonight-Homesense has 6 full sets of the Lameirinho flannel. 4 sets are in the seaglass green (gray tone) and 2 sets are in white-all priced at $49.99. The Universe doth laugh at me tonight. Oh well I have flannel but I really do want one of these sets!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Nice sunny day here today! Wish I stayed up at 530 am to do laundry after dropping DS off at the arena.... Nope 1.5 hours of more sleep was more important .

Last day at work for the week before my weekend away with youngest DS. I'm looking forward to hoteling it for the weekend! Nice thing is that one of the hockey moms is now a friend so we have a great weekend whenever away.

Tonight I will finish up the laundry (got lots done last night and put away as it was dried)
    Pack our bags and snacks etc. Move all my shopping bins/bags into the garage out of vehicle.

Last night I went to RCSS to grab a few pizzas for the oldest. Since they are under renovation there are tons of clearance all over the place. Found tons of great deals! 3 pk baby bottles (retail $14.99 on for $2.97) (for friend just found out she is expecting ) Stevia sweetner .94 (from health section so probably $7.99 reg lol) Organic treats for dog .94 and 1.94 organic corn rice cakes .54 organic almond milk .94 coconut bites .54 (reg over $3 I have wanted to try for months! so good but only bought one bag) kids moist toilet wipes .94 (reg $7.99) Happy with my little haul!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Rough night. I went to bed at 11pm. I was up with crying twin baby boy at 1:00am. I was up with him again from 4-6am, he didn't want to sleep. Both babies are still sleeping now that I am getting their big brother ready for school. Twin baby girl and big brother both slept through the night, which helped. My mom sent me two texts at 6:30am, I took dh's advice and didn't reply until an hour later. My nose is very plugged and I don't like mouth breathing.

Edit: he has cut 3 new teeth in the last week, in addition to having bronchitis.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Nov 10th, 2016 at 10:50 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I stayed up late last night to wash all of LO's shoes from a friend. They were all muddy and filled with sand. After scrubbing four or five pairs, I finally went to bed after 2 AM. It was just one of those things that kept getting put off and put off, but LO desperately needs new shoes now that she's gone through her WM shoes again.

DH has had an awful cold for two weeks now. He was up all night coughing so we were both still awake by 3 AM. He woke up LO who had soaked through her pyjamas and sheets. DH moved to the upper room so I could get a few hours of rest and then we were both up by 6 AM this morning to get LO to daycare.

I am completely congested. I wonder if it's due to the pregnancy or if I am a carrier of DH's nasty cold. Either way, I'm SO happy that LO is set up for winter boots, coat, and accessories. Now to see if I can borrow my friend's bassinet. Officially I have five weeks to go, but DH suspects it will be earlier. I don't think I could handle having three weeks left, but we'll see!

Perhaps I should be getting the Christmas tree out now as I don't want to have to deal with it afterwards!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @lizzie bargain -Calgary needs to enjoy the spring weather whenever it does arrive. Snow seems to be an all year round occurrence in Calgary. Maybe the sunshine will help your cold to go away. Hope you feel better soon.
    @Barbis -I'm a Hamilton library user and can register my card at BPL for up to 8 items on loan. I did not know about the interlibrary loan option between Halton library systems. Hamilton used to be able to get free interlibrary loans from almost any Ontario library (including the National Library or the local university) but that stopped years ago.
    The Mapleview Sears was in my plan for this afternoon but then I decided to wait for another day after I finished with today's laundry loads.

For anyone wanting new casserole dishes, here is a list of ones that the Cooking section of New York Times tweeted about tonight-the roasted squash casserole sounds great to me!
    http://cooking.nytimes.com/68861692-...ing-casseroles

I did manage to visit the Meadowlands tonight-Homesense has 6 full sets of the Lameirinho flannel. 4 sets are in the seaglass green (gray tone) and 2 sets are in white-all priced at $49.99. The Universe doth laugh at me tonight. Oh well I have flannel but I really do want one of these sets!
    I wonder why Hamilton got rid of inter library loan program? That's too bad. I have started requesting titles online with the Burlington library.....hopefully they will order them. I have a gift card from indigos but am putting it towards reading socks as they look so warm.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

P.S. @Angela273 : I am not trying to compete with you, only to give you some company that another mom is sharing in all the joys of illnesses and waking up in the middle of the night. Soon, I will have scheduled wake-ups in the middle of the night.

Anyone happen to know how long I'm supposed to wake up for night time feeds for? Is it a magic weight or some other benchmark? It hasn't been that long ago, but I've forgotten.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

For those pregnant and/or nursing and not taking meds, remember you can use vicks vapour rub to help with the congestion and I believe it can be applied to babies as well BUT double check about the babies with pharmacist before applying.

Well I got the contractor quote this morning....sigh....

it would be 2 weeks of works (new powder room), removing dinning room wall and installing balusters and railing (drywalling & painting) and gutting our vestibule (tiny thing) and putting new drywall.

Anyways we can afford the projects, however, I'm thinking the price is quite steep ($1500) in materials alone which would include a medicine cabinet, drywall for all 3 projects 12 sheets max I'm thinking less, paint, drywall muding, ballusters, railing and that's it. The labour is what floored me, I asked him how much less would it be if we took on the demos ourselves, I'll see what he replies or if he replies. Dh would do all the plumbing and we would have to pay an electrician ourselves, purchase toilet, etc.

The wows of home ownership. I love the time frame of 2 weeks as it would take us 6 months or so to achieve all 3 projects. And dh could focus on other projects that are much more manageable.

Apparently our new neighbours are having some work done at their house across the street, I may wander over tonight and ask what they are getting done and how they like their contractor. Perhaps another quote might be a good idea. And even better would be if they allowed me to view the work myself. My dad used to be a general contractor so I have a good concept of excellent work and shoddy work as well as hand on experience with awful contractors.

Wishing everyone a great day
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Where could I buy a charger cord and kid proof case for a Galaxy Samsung Tablet 10.1?

edit: The Spirce has a small location in our mall. I just talked to a guy there and he said they would try charger cords on my table at the store so that we can be sure the cord works properly with this particular tablet. They also have a tempered glass screen protector and a case for it too. I won this table from 7-Eleven at the end of my pregnancy with our oldest son. It has rarely been used. The cord that we have has partially broken wires in it, so it only charges sometimes. Dh wants to put some apps on it to let our son practice tracing letters and numbers. He knows nearly all of his letters (small and capital) and numbers. He was given an old iPhone 4s in a Lifeproof case last January, but it disappeared when we were van shopping in September. He had free educational apps on it, plus he could access the home wifi to do certain things.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Nov 10th, 2016 at 04:03 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I have an Aunt like that! She is late 80"s. Drove by her house on weekend and she was raking leaves
    I had a great aunt that made it to 100 and was like that...but about 6 months after her 100th birthday she got ill and moved to a nursing home. She passed a couple days before her 101st birthday

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    P.S. @Angela273: I am not trying to compete with you, only to give you some company that another mom is sharing in all the joys of illnesses and waking up in the middle of the night. Soon, I will have scheduled wake-ups in the middle of the night.

Anyone happen to know how long I'm supposed to wake up for night time feeds for? Is it a magic weight or some other benchmark? It hasn't been that long ago, but I've forgotten.
    Yes, I understand.

My doctor recommends one or more feedings at night until the baby is 1yr old, they have 3 young children. In order to reduce the risk of SIDS, some studies indicate that you should not let the baby sleep more than 5hrs between feedings until they are at least 6 months old. I followed this guideline with all of my children and I would set my "just in case they sleep alarm" for 5hrs after the baby was done feeding. I still often get up to nurse at least one baby during the night, but I certainly do not set an alarm to nurse anymore. My son still liked a night feeding until we were in the process of weaning him and Dh started getting up with him in the middle of the night. He would put our son in his high chair to offer him dry Rice Krispies and a water sippy cup. It was easier for Dh to offer him an alternative vs me, the nursing mother.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Where do you buy coffee filters? We used to get them from Costco, but I found ours no longer carries them. My friend suggested the dollar store, but that is a little out of my way.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela you might want to Check Groupon, I have seen quite a bit of Galaxy stuff on their lately but can't say for sure that I have seen one for a 10.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Where could I buy a charger cord and kid proof case for a Galaxy Samsung Tablet 10.1?
    I know Superstore sells them but not sure what the price is like. We are still going through the massive stockpile we found in my Nanny's house. She only had a 4 cup coffee maker but had a TON of large coffee filters apparently from a Coffee Maker she gave away years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Where do you buy coffee filters? We used to get them from Costco, but I found ours no longer carries them. My friend suggested the dollar store, but that is a little out of my way.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information