User Tag List

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-wow dec 9 already -was up half the night with a high fever -but now it has seemed to break 99.0
    -so went to kerig.ca and wanted to use the 2.00 off code from vanhoutte they sent me for not receiving a free mug -my daughter got the mug (its so nice too)well the code wouldn't work so called them and she tried and then decided to give me a fre box of 24's -so saved 16.99 -nice to have great customer service
    -got my gap xmas shopping in p'js for ashlyn -only paid 12.40 for Disney ones after my gap cash offer-their p,j 's are sooo soft
    -still in my p'j just gonna try to build myself back up -my throat is still a tiny bit sore so I am taking oil of oregano and gargling with salt water
    -oh did 2 loads laundry in the middle of the night last night

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went to RCSS on my lunch and grabbed a case of clementines ($3.77) and 6pk of Romaine hearts ($4.00 and received 600 PC Pts) we are set for salad and fruit for the weekend! There were 2 different kinds of clementines. Glad I dug down and grabbed the kind I got the other day- much bigger and nice and orange and so good. Brought 2 into my office to eat now

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We have tickets to go out to a Christmas party tonight for supper and entertainment. We booked our preferred babysitter way in advance, I touched base with her last week. It's a good thing that I texted her again this morning because she forgot and took a different shift at work for another sick student. Ugh it sucks. Our other babysitter and her sisters are going to their Dad's Christmas party tonight. Our other babysitter is sick. One girl is asking her friends, but nothing confirmed yet. We are supposed to be going out in 4hrs time. We got these tickets weeks ago.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We have tickets to go out to a Christmas party tonight for supper and entertainment. We booked our preferred babysitter way in advance, I touched base with her last week. It's a good thing that I texted her again this morning because she forgot and took a different shift at work for another sick student. Ugh it sucks. Our other babysitter and her sisters are going to their Dad's Christmas party tonight. Our other babysitter is sick. One girl is asking her friends, but nothing confirmed yet. We are supposed to be going out in 4hrs time. We got these tickets weeks ago.
    That sucks. The only person I could ever count on when my kids were young was my mom (I know you don't have family close by which is unfortunate) If I ever had anything important I had to do (especially for work functions) I would make sure to book my mom so I knew I could go) I needed my mom yesterday for my youngest too! She had to drive him out of town in a snow storm for school sports!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It took me until 3:30, but I finally found a young babysitter that I know from being a teacher. Her youngest sister is in our son's Pre-K class. I hope that our night out goes smoothly. I picked out my outfit and I'm currently cleaning house. I usually feel judged by people when they come to our home, so I tend to clean right before a babysitter arrives, especially their first time coming into our home.

Wal-Mart photography just called to tell me that our last picture order has arrived. Now I'll have to sit down at some point with our two sets of family pictures and our son's school pictures and figure out who is getting what. I label the back of the pictures by hand. Some will be hand delivered when we travel up to Saskatoon and others will be mailed to Alberta in Christmas cards.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Hope your Christmas party was great Angela! I better feed my hockey player. We are off soon to the arena.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Still hibernating this morning as it is so cold!! But out for potluck dinner to my nieces tonight. I baked some scones and made some lentil soup for lunch. Lazy weekend.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner done and kitchen mostly cleaned. We made ribs, homemade fries and ceaser salad. We also made 2 homemade lasagna. One for tomorrow nights dinner and one for the freezer for a lazy night. Lots if work and dishes but will appreciate an easy dinner tomorrow night!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I think I finished my Christmas shopping today. I've been keeping a list. All of the wrapping paper and Christmas cards are still in the shed with the tree and decorations. We're not planning on having the tree up for very long because it is difficult to have up in our living room with busy 16.5 month old twins and 2 adopted cats. I'll have to sit down and label all of the pictures before figuring out who is getting what.

We are attending a Christmas potluck for supper tomorrow night as a family. I plan on making haystack cookies, a.k.a. Chocolate drop cookies later tonight. They are dh's favourite. We are going to dh's work Christmas party potluck supper next Saturday. The babysitter is booked and confirmed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 10th, 2016 at 08:00 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good eve, everyone!

Tuckered out - just put five dozen meatballs in the oven to cook; had bought lean ground pork so had made a casserole for supper, and put some to freeze raw also. I don't usually make meals to freeze, but it's sure nice to have some cooked meatballs in the freezer!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Nat: I love having meals in the freezer. I always have at least 1 meat loaf in there.
    I need to brave the mall today. Logan has grown out of his shoes for gym and lacrosse. The joys of a growing boy, he is now wearing the same size as his 16 year old brother and they both wear a bigger size than DH.
    After shopping and lacrosse I will do my short bread and magic squares and then I am done my balding.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well daughter called yesterday(plus she was crying sebastian slept a lot at the mall Friday and they got their shopping done) but in turn he was crazy Friday night -as her hubby had to come into the city for an evening out with friends she asked could she and Sebastian sleep over at my house -of course I would never say no -I told her I had a bit of flu bug -she said fine she was still coming -I still have a bit of sore throat and this fever is still hanging on off and on 4 days now
    -he is a fussier baby in the evening anywhere from 7.00 til 9.30 -til he goes down -but wakes up sooo happy in the morning plus he sleeps thru the night has been for about 3 weeks now
    -just chilling today as we have snow coming our way -may have sold my mom's last 2 betty boop stuff the kijiji woman knocked me down for them both from 16.00 for the 2 to 10.00 for them both -and know what I have had them on kijiji the past 2 years -so I am okay with selling cheaper as she is a collector

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just posted a dozen item up for sale on local garage sale Facebook pages. 8 pairs of shoes that are too small for our twins. I'm hoping to try some mailbox pickups to avoid people waking my babies when they arrive at random times.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 11th, 2016 at 01:22 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I just booked a flight to Toronto for a week in March to visit my Mum for her 85th birthday-so that will be nice. Will also visit my friend in New Jersey at the same time-got 3 flights on points and just pd $77 US total for taxes and fees so I am happy with that-all because when we were waiting at Chicago airport in the summer my husband applied for a free United credit card and got enough free pts for the 3 flights for me. I told him to definitely not get me an Xmas and birthday present as I love to travel and that is enough for me!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Dec 11th, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-nice lizzie -enjoy the visit with your mom in march
    -well sold 2 figurines got 10.00 from kijiji -grand total for the year 538.00 from just kijiji -got to love extra money in our pockets -daughter just gave me a few pieces of clothing I may try to sell for her
    -snowy day -just wrapping and on here to of course
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Dec 11th, 2016 at 07:03 PM.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information