User Tag List

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

a bit tired as I just finished watching ashlyn 2 days in a row -but my sleep last night was awfull -even thou she doesn't nap -she will rest on the couch with me in the crook of my arm -so nice
    -super tonight pasta -this is week 2 without groceries I now have to go soon but I am gonna relax at swiss chalet for lunch with my 2 friends on Thursday

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    How did you get a free hotel room if you don't mind sharing? (airmiles, gcs, etc) thank you
    We've gotten one at super 8 by collecting the wyndham rewards when we stay.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better Barbis, there seems to be a lot going around right now.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning everyone,

Catching up on movies from the PVR since they are ones no one else wants to watch.

Dh has volunteered to stay late at work to decorate for a school dance tomorrow.
    @Barbi s hope you feel better soon
    @coupon girl enjoy your lunch with friends

Wishing everyone a great day
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sunny cold day here! But still may get the snow squalls they are calling for. Of course I have to drive to an hour away hockey game with DS!
    Home quick afterwork to pack up hockey bag and go. Thinking I will just grab DS Subway on the way (I have a gift card and he loves Subway so that will make him happy) I will grab something later.

Well another busy work day. Hopefully it goes by fast.

Have a great day everyone.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm reading up on getting an Android box and possibly Netflix. I've never had either. I called our internet and cable provider this morning to confirm how much we are paying. If we got rid of our cable, then it would cut our bill in 1/2. I've sent Dh the links where I have been reading. I don't know much about the topic, so I currently don't know what Android box to get. Any recommendations?

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/395034-...-cable-canada/

We discontinued our home phone last year.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 16th, 2017 at 11:38 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Sunny cold day here! But still may get the snow squalls they are calling for. Of course I have to drive to an hour away hockey game with DS!
    Home quick afterwork to pack up hockey bag and go. Thinking I will just grab DS Subway on the way (I have a gift card and he loves Subway so that will make him happy) I will grab something later.

Well another busy work day. Hopefully it goes by fast.

Have a great day everyone.
    If you get the Toronto Star, today's paper has two coupons for the other sub shop, Mr. Sub! Love the sunshine today too! There is also a $5 off the auto show admission coupon (good for weekday admissions only) too.
    @Frugalbigmama and anyone else considering a Bosch dishwasher-Home Hardware has the 24" stainless steel model on sale until Feb.23: http://www.homehardware.ca/en/index/...?stop_mobi=yes

OK-I've been wearing my Joe Fresh pair of gloves since Monday because after Sunday night's shopping and dropping my old red gloves on top of a tote bag, I have not seen them since. I checked all the spots I recall being in while unpacking the groceries and pop. My theory is that I may have either bundled them into a garbage bag by mistake (though I'm certain I took out the garbage BEFORE I went shopping) or I dropped them under something after I moved the tote bag. Today I am being very attentive to have a good grip on gloves if they are off of my hands so not to lose them (or put them into my tote).

Last night, I did a grocery shop and bought 2 Sidekicks items I understood were on clearance for 45 cents each. I checked my bill after I paid and noticed the items rang in at 1.44 each. I consider that my $2 contribution to the store. Today I got $2.60 in refund from cans and bottles plus found 20 cents just be checking out shiny reflections! So that matter is balanced out.

Popped into Fabricland to check out spring fabrics and get a dress pattern while I remember it now-$13.56-as I liked seeing the dress in a preview. Noticed fabric panels with grommets are on sale for $24.00-cannot recall if they have the blackout lining. 54" wide by 84" long. Will tell Mom as she was thinking of changing her bedroom curtains but could not find something she liked. Most impressive fabric find is seeing a selection of white or blue toned shirting fabrics-I did not know the store had them. Noticed a few floral print fabrics that might work for the dress pattern. Thinking of making a top from the pattern as I need something green to go with last year's impulse buy of a green skirt.

Plan to see if Metro has the Ryvita flavor I want for its 2 for $4 deal on my way home (since I'm on the Hamilton Mountain today). Super day for walking and getting my vitamin D.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm reading up on getting an Android box and possibly Netflix. I've never had either. I called our internet and cable provider this morning to confirm how much we are paying. If we got rid of our cable, then it would cut our bill in 1/2. I've sent Dh the links where I have been reading. I don't know much about the topic, so I currently don't know what Android box to get. Any recommendations?

I don't know too much about the Android boxes. We use Apple TV and love Netflix. There are "jailbroken" boxes and boxes where you have to pay for what you watch.

We stream all regular cable from the internet. The shows on CTV and Global are released for one week the day after they aired. We pay for Netflix. $10 a month. Check your internet package for data and speed...we have unlimited and 6 kbps download. For rural this is good. Our total is $100 month for Netflix and Internet.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Feb 16th, 2017 at 02:31 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I don't know too much about the Android boxes. We use Apple TV and love Netflix. There are "jailbroken" boxes and boxes where you have to pay for what you watch.

We stream all regular cable from the internet. The shows on CTV and Global are released for one week the day after they aired. We pay for Netflix. $10 a month. Check your internet package for data and speed...we have unlimited and 6 kbps download. For rural this is good. Our total is $100 month for Netflix and Internet.
    We have unlimited data and it is called high speed plus. Dh likes that we can leave the cable on a cartoon show that our son can turn it on in the morning if he is up before us. I don't know how easy it would be for him with Netflix or a box.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 16th, 2017 at 05:32 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Unlimited internet- That was one thing I made sure to get. Didn't want any surprise bills.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So happy this day is almost over! And off at noon tomorrow for the long weekend. Will use the morning to get a few things off my desk and be done with work and not worry/think about it till Tuesday! Looking forward to our little getaway. DS will get to wear his new swim shorts at the pool.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

@Barbi s - Get well soon! @jasperandchar - Good Luck on your current car purchase paperwork! I know how stressful it must be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post

We have a KODI on all of our tvs. It is a PVR linked to a TV Guide, that DH had set up on his computer. We never had cable or satellite. We have Over The Air Antenna which DH had put up himself on the roof beside the chimney. The kids primarily watch TVO, CBC Kids and PBS Kids. Now PBS Kids launched a 24/7 channel so my daughter is very happy. We get the PBS Kids signal from Buffalo, New York. All our main channels are US networks from Buffalo, New York. So, I get super jealous when I see US ads of products that we don't get. I watch Canadian channels for the news, weather and the occasional tv show. But I record a lot of shows using our KODI on TVO, mostly food related and British monarchy related (even though DH is the one who is British). If you record a show, you can watch it in all the other tvs. There are a lot of threads on KODI and antenna set ups which DH also is a member.

Internet wise - We are with TechSavvy. DH works from home, once or twice a week. It's only me and DH who has access to the internet and we hardly go near the monthly limit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JadeAngel; Thu, Feb 16th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-had a lovely swiss chalet outing with my 2 friends I paid the bill -we take turns -I used a free appitizer cpn sent to my email saved 6.00 and two can dine for 15.99 from caa-I think the bill came to 27.20 plus tip on top
    -we have Netflix and I love it as son bought it for us a few xmas's back -I love the series and movies (no android box here ) and we still have cable and not unlimited internet as there is only 2 of us and we never go near the limit -when we first got netfix we did go up to 90% of our internet usage -but now I would rather do a puzzle or like tonight watch "grey's anatomy" then do my puzzle -to each their own I know my daughter went over her coverage and had to pay cause she is on mat leave -but I do know my son has unlimited

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Metro had the muesli crunch in stock-with best before date of Jan.17/17, so I put them back.
    Noticed a bin in back aisle with Barilla pasta (regular) for 88 cents. So I went to the
    pasta aisle and saw the Pronto on sale with a coupon pad. I got two boxes with coupons
    plus I found my garbage bags still on sale for $2.99! Super happy.

If anyone desire the Ryvita Muesli crunch with the collector box and $20 worth of coupons or whatever, Denningers
    on Upper James has them in the power aisle in the entrance for $3.99.

Collected another 80cents on way home and got some 1 in a Billion choc. bars at Rexall on clearance for 76 cents each.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Feb 16th, 2017 at 07:26 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information