User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

May as well roll out the carpet for post-Halloween posts and more fall frugalness!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wow already november in 1 and a half day...Where did the time go???
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Wow already november in 1 and a half day...Where did the time go???
    The sprinkle of snow last night warned me to get the winter tires put on my van.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yikes, agreed that time is going by too fast... So much school to keep up with in the next month. Can't wait for Nov.1 reduced candy at my Zehrs. Last year was a goldmine for deals, paid I think as little as $1 for a giant pack of lollipops (about 100), so I picked up 5. Hope for that price again this year!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I can't believe it is Nov 1st tomorrow. I haven't even started sorting/wrapping Christmas gifts and my goal was to be done wrapping and shopping by now. (Not done Santa gifts since they are usually last minute once kids are older)
    Ciel, cath007 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Trying to make an advent "shirt" for my older nephews. With 24 pockets sewn on. Thought I would give them things like bus tickets- and have found some deals on chocolates-I hope to get some deals tomorrow.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Wow already november 1.....I hope you had a great Halloween,it frozen this night now +2in the afternoon + 8 with rain ,that is so cold compared to the 2 last weeks temperature.Yes to 50% off candy today hahaha, and I will make my special familly recepie of dip with veggies.Wishing everyone an awesome day!!! Coundown for Christmas is begining lol!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Only three kids came to the door last night, I heard. I was away but did have a full size chocolate bar last night and two with breakfast today. Talk about sugar crash around 1h later this morning---but I rebounded! If you are on Twitter, check out Martha Stewart Living's post on how to use up leftover chocolates and candy in shortbread bars (if you have not already eaten the leftover treats).

Clock change back is this weekend! Electricity users in Ontario on Time of Use system-yes, we are on Winter rules so 7-11am and 5-7pm weekdays are peak periods and 11am-5pm is the second-highest rate on weekday. We can look forward to Dec 25, Dec. 26 and up to 7am Dec. 27 at off-peak rates this Christmas (according to the Hydro One site-you may wish to verify your utility provider has the same information). Instant rebates on LED lights and other power items end this weekend in stores.

I did not see any snow today-so that's a good start! Frosty air, however!

Yesterday, I went to Eastgate Square and Sears first. 20% off of ladies hosiery and still decent variety of women's socks-got a 2pr Sears sock bundle and a HotSox pair (yarn motif) as I had worn out three pairs over the summer. Over to Homesense-sigh, the flannel bedding selection is really limited colourwise and most sets are Queen only. But the store carries Habitat flannel sets in the display in the aisle, so you do have a little pattern variety. Checked out Joe Fresh in Fortinos-if anyone needs dark pink canvas slip on shoes, sizes 10 and 9 and 6 and one more pair remain on the activewear table near cahs. Popped over to Value Village to look at cardigans (four tills were open with lineups!) and saw a Kirkland sweater in medium in a beautiful blue cashmere but it was shrunken. As in someone did not handwash item in cold water and the heat did a number on the garment.

Visited Denningers for the November Burda issue and bought a copy. Guess my fabric stash is going to become clothing soon! A skirt and a top appeal to me. I picked up the Das Journal free paper and there was a Christmas 2017 catalogue from an importer inserted in the paper. Surprise find in the pages-6 sets of handkerchieves are available for sale! Do you know how hard it is to find women's handkerchieves new in stores? Will have to see if the Upper James store might carry the hankies and some treats I saw in the catalogue.

I did an evening can walk last night and saw a new to me cat near where an off-ramp meets the main road. Never saw it before. Then crossed the ramp/road. Saw a nearly identical cat lying on its right side, beautiful eyes wide open and body still (not moving) on the grass. It must have been struck by a vehicle. The two cats must have know each other. There's a housing site nearby but I don't know if the cats belong to anyone. That was a sad sight. I became aware of a third cat recently not too far away that is likely feral or abandoned near the big box stores.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fabricland's November flyer for Ontario region 1 begins tomorrow and has holiday fashion and decor as its focus. Ontario Region 2 has a flyer ending on Sunday. Other regions have various specials or deals on today and this week.

My local Value Village might have a bedcover I could live with if there's a 50% off bed & bath sale soon. I took a look at clothes and bed & bath. There are several pattern envelopes of 60s and 70s women's fashions, if sewists are keen on those decades! Saw two big balls of crochet cotton for sale and some large skeins of yarn too.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@avoncallingu -oh, dear heart, you really miss Sadie! Sorry for reminding you. May you find a furry friend nearby that lets you be his or her buddy and maybe go for walkies (so the house cat won't be jealous) together.
    @Angela273 -3h stuck in healthcare or waiting for remedies...hope you feel somewhat better today and can get your visit in asap with the doctor. The cookie recipe seems ideal for cold days at home with tea! My kind of sweet
    @cath007 -happy shopping for deals! Keep your hands warm so you can go, go, go and then come home warm.
    @johnb56789 -saw news that colleges are asking negotiators for both sides to return to the table tomorrow. Hope that means colleges will see merit in addressing the faculty issues regarding full-time so students can stand a chance of being back in class next week (after say a weekend ratification vote if the Universe moves in that direction).

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well gave out candy at my sons last night I bought 2 bags also spent 5.00-ashlyn walked a ton with son/wife she got lots of chips ,cheesies etc my son treated my hubby to fish and chips -I couldn't eat as I am allergic to shellfish so I bought myself subway half a sub and a bowl of soup-my dear daughter wanted to take Sebastian out and bought him a devil costume,well she stuggled with just herself (if I had known that we would have drove to Toronto to help her )
    -today I went to shoppers I found the Halloween candy still pretty expensive at 4.50 and up for bags ,so bought 2 pkgs of mini eggs .90 each and an aero bar for 1.00(they marked it down for me as it had Halloween on it)got an awesome deal on a very large tin of maxwells house coffee 6.99-5.00 managers sticker =1.99
    -then popped into bulk barn for 50% off honey nut cherrios and 50% off multigrain cherrios -bought a few other items and used my 3.00 cpn spent 11.something
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am happy.I will receive a roak of samplesource coupons by a sc member,that totally made my day!!! She said I could kept the coupons or retraded.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @johnb56789 -saw news that colleges are asking negotiators for both sides to return to the table tomorrow. Hope that means colleges will see merit in addressing the faculty issues regarding full-time so students can stand a chance of being back in class next week (after say a weekend ratification vote if the Universe moves in that direction).
    Well, I'm glad I haven't been involved in this whole mess of the College Strike. But my brother, sister and a few friends have been dealing with this over the past while. One friend was told by his college (Niagara) that if they don't start by this/next week that they are going to scrap the entire remainder of the semester and they have to start again in January. THAT will be a nightmare for him to have to deal with... But apparently they MAY give him back some of his tuition if they scrap the semester/ reduced tuition for a restart???
    barbis9, cath007 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Halloween discounted candies I think I went too late but I found:Maxi(QC) 50% off but limited choice,I bought 2 x freddo 50 chocolates pieces creppy spider and pumpkin creme @3,94$ reg 8,00$
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

It was cold this afternoon so we started the heat
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information