User Tag List

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Supper
    Last night’s supper was dry fried pork chunks, oven baked sweet potato with a little brown sugar and cinnamon, Mann’s sugar snap peas.
    Tonight’s supper was oven baked pork ribs, white M&C, Mann’s sugar snap peas, and fresh raspberries.
    Tuesday - chili and rice.
    Wednesday or Thursday night I plan on making pork steaks with mushroom sauce, boiled red garden potatoes, and cooked veggies.

Lunch
    Today was omelettes and toast, I had a chocolate banana smoothie with toast. I am allergic to eggs, I can only handle eggs in small amounts.
    Tuesday _ red grapes, sliced apple, hard cheese, graham crackers (I call this a healthy snackie lunch, which the kids really like) I’ll have bagged Dole Salad, maybe some leftover meat with it.
    Wednesday - salmon fillet, Skinnypasta high protein fettuccini (was paid to take them home, so going to try them with my daycare kids here too), veggies
    Thursday - chili and rice leftovers
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:47 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!!! Yesterday I did the dishes.Today the plan is cleaning,locker things have to be moving Inside ,and a few boxes to do cleaning before inspection later this week.I made another trade and one is pending.I am happy with those.More items for the foodbank and more juice for me if I receive the coupons in time for the sale.Off to check the flyers!!!!Wishing everyone an awesome day!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

gonna sit down and mail off my 2 rebates -I had to wait because checkout51 didn't accept one of my offers on baby dove (stocking stuffer for either new baby or Sebastian )
    -then to bake blueberry muffins ,woke up with a bit of sore throat but after gargling salt and drinking 2 hot teas I feel a little better

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Really enjoy seeing @Angela273 and @saundyl craft photos! @coupon girl -good memories you are making for your oldest granddaughter. She will be sure to help raking in future years if you make it fun.

Walmart's Live Better holiday issue has arrived at the Ancaster ON store-picked up copy yesterday afternoon. I have already saved the recipes but recycled the rest of the content and will look at last year's recipes for baking inspiration.

Longo's is expecting print copies of their holiday magazine from Nov. 14 or later. My guess is that on Friday, the stand will be stocked for shoppers, as the new flyer will be out too.

A day late on the pumpkin cake >casserole recipe but it's now posted in the Great Pumpkin Heist thread in Food:
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/393919...a/#post6842748

Totally random finds yesterday-$2 coin on a bridge in the morning and a dinged 25c coin in the afternoon on a gravel road shoulder. Banked the coins this morning and my Nov. account fee is covered. No luck spotting any random Monopoly game pieces but I redeemed a muffin food prize in order to read the paper in the restaurant.

This morning, I decided all the flower stalks had to be cut back as snow is expected this week and I don't want icy stalks near walkways or elsewhere. Some stalks made it into the green bin before the morning collection and I filled the bin after it was emptied with stalks from the other flowerbed. Something dug into the front bed, so I moved my rosemary plant there and another flower plant as both plants were too close to the front walk near the house. Sort of raked out the leaves from the beds and left one of Mom's chrysanthemum plants standing for spot of colour (sort of holding on to flowers and stalks are mostly vertical) to be seen from the kitchen window. This task saves me much effort in April when it's mower time!

Late Saturday night, I realized I had not made the coffee cake so got it into the oven by 10pm. All Sunday and into Monday morning, it was cake o'clock for me. Lots of tea too. Sunday morning, I put the chopped parsnips into the Dutch oven and made cream of parsnip soup. Was craving butter something strong on Sunday prior to my can walk ($1.10 with two big bottles from home and the rest were can finds).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Most of my lunches and suppers will involve cooked pasta this week and whatever pantry staples can be used to provide flavours.
    Another coffee cake seems in order today, as last night when I made tea, Mom asked for cake but she was too late.

I noticed that Lowe's is using a pop-rocks looking salt melter-partially white and partially purple! When I went into the store, a staffer and I checked the melter display near the contractor entrance-it seems to be a 10kg bag of Scott's EZ melter (we relied on the graphics on the bag as it was an opaque bag). Have SCers used the product with minimal impact or damage to concrete steps? Am definitely keeping the product in mind as I have the coarse Sifto product from two winters ago merged into a heavy lump in the bag. I like the two-colour combination for visibility!

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Most of my lunches and suppers will involve cooked pasta this week and whatever pantry staples can be used to provide flavours.
    Another coffee cake seems in order today, as last night when I made tea, Mom asked for cake but she was too late.

I noticed that Lowe's is using a pop-rocks looking salt melter-partially white and partially purple! When I went into the store, a staffer and I checked the melter display near the contractor entrance-it seems to be a 10kg bag of Scott's EZ melter (we relied on the graphics on the bag as it was an opaque bag). Have SCers used the product with minimal impact or damage to concrete steps? Am definitely keeping the product in mind as I have the coarse Sifto product from two winters ago merged into a heavy lump in the bag. I like the two-colour combination for visibility!
    Maybe it has beet juice? Our city is going to be using beet juice on the roads this year as it does less damage to cars and works at a lower temp than salt.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

In the coupon section a high value for 5$ fine cheese exist ,it is with save.ca,I will put this beautie coupon on my wishlist.For the moment I have stamps to trade.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Bf is home during the day this week, its his weekend so he's doing suppers.

Yesterday he pulled 2 chickens and made chicken n dumplings.

Chicken sandwiches for lunch today!

Tonight he says peroiges and lazy man cabbage rolls.

Tomorrow roast beef and mashed taters. He also tells me his won't be sticky and lije goo like my last ones were (they were so thick they stuck to spoons. He told me over whipped them... I didn't know one could wreck mashed taters)

he refixed the toilet. Returned the part that quit after 2 days.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/424020...survey-canada/

This is a link to the thread about the $5 coupon through save.ca. It was easy to complete the short survey.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

going out with my friends (old co-workers from a few years ago)to swiss chalet for lunch -I am bringing the bill when I took my daughter-in-law (did the survey for 50% off appitizer) cant wait nice to relax this time of year

oh and supper last night was half a pork loin (cut in half before I froze it) makes 2 meals for hubby and I ,steamed carrots and lovely mashed potatoes and half a bun we shared
    -tonight I may just make a salad for myself and scrambled eggs/peameal bacon for hubby
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Nov 15th, 2017 at 11:11 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a peameal roast in the crockpot. Will make a few sides to go with it for the boys. Thinking just eggs and a toasted English muffin for me for dinner.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have Eaglebrand Dulce de Leche in my pantry that I need to use up. I bought it by accident when I intended to buy regular sweetened condensed milk. Receipt suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have Eaglebrand Dulce de Leche in my pantry that I need to use up. I bought it by accident when I intended to buy regular sweetened condensed milk. Receipt suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Got the Cdn Eagle Brand site to finally load-picked the milk type and recipes pop up!
    http://eaglebrand.ca/search.aspx?q=&cid=334&ceid=0
    Shortbread bars http://eaglebrand.ca/recipes-details.aspx?rid=5959
    Fudge http://eaglebrand.ca/recipes-details.aspx?rid=5168
    Fluffy banana pancakes
    http://eaglebrand.ca/recipes-details.aspx?rid=5522
    Hmm the US Eagle Brand site does not mention this variety of milk product but of the recipes on Martha Stewart's site, I found this spice cookie that might work if you have a cookie cutter to make faces.

https://www.marthastewart.com/332922...-spice-cookies
    https://www.marthastewart.com/search...e%20de%20leche

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@avrose -this is the first time I've heard of Winnipeg using salt or salt substitute. Sibling used to live in the city in early 90s and he said no salt was applied to roads after plowing. Thanks for the beet juice idea. Think the melter is using something that keeps the purple colour on dry sidewalks. Have not seen this melter in use on ice yet but this week might let me know if the purple is beet juice or not.

*Adding product link from Lowes-hmm, there's salt in the mix.
    https://www.lowes.ca/ice-melt/scotts...ott%27s-melter
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Nov 15th, 2017 at 05:30 PM.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm listening to Studio Ghibli piano music to unclench my jaw. Had a hard time at home with the elder who does not take responsibility for his actions (see Rants section). Will get a hot chocolate tonight at the McDonald's restaurant with my full McCafe card. Had a good talk with an acquaintance this afternoon (to vent and to hear her perspective on some matters).

Made the roasted rosemary butternut squash with the second squash for lunch. Tasty as usual. Had some papers sorted and recycled while waiting for the casserole to cook and jotted a couple of recipes from past issues of First for Women in one notebook, so I don't have to use the magazines for baking or making side dishes. Will sort through new Food & Drink pages tonight and see which recipes stay in my binder and which ones go into the blue box. I'm keeping the biscotti recipes from the Walmart Holiday Live Better issue-the fruitcake version biscotti stands a chance of being made.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information