User Tag List

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!!! The inspection went fine she said Nothing,I hope this is positive even if we have a lots of things.She thanked father and I for our collaboration .I hope this is the end of this storie,Received 1 of 3 great trade today!!!! I am happy!!!! Supper will be again the metro qc deal of 20 sushis for 10$ (a treat after this week stress) Wishing everyone a great evening and night. @Ciel : for the testament we have to paid since we have money and dont make their standards of 10 000$ and less in juridic help....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Supper tonight was medium walk in special cheese pizza $6 something ,but I had a giftcard I had bought at shoppers a few weeks back and saved 5.00 on the gift card
    -then popped into shoppers got my milk and points for it then a few other items to make up to 10.00 to get my 2,000 points -I hope when the change to one card I still get the spend 10.00 get 2,000 offer as its such and easy offer for me
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Metro QC:
    -3 Kellogs All Bran Multi-Grain Crunch Cereals boxes@5,59$minus 3 FPC'S(got them in a trade)=FREE I love free!!! went to the foodbank inspired by others sc members
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My budget for each person is $20 with the exception of Mom who I tend to give bigger gifts as well as I do her stocking. As bro put it he doesn't like shopping so his gifts are limited unless your into the same things as him and since there is only me and him now I try to spoil her.

With that being said last year I found something I knew Dad would love which is rare as he is a if he wants it he buys (but last year step mom banned him from shopping so he couldn't do that last year as in the past we have had to return his gifts as he bought it for himself sometimes the day before Christmas) so I spent about $50 on him but in the end since some came in under budget it all worked out in the end.

Question: Has anyone here due to the way a person acts about gifts ever opted to stop buying for them?

I have a few family members who feel they are Christmas police and keep track of what everyone got and will call you out if they feel their gifts are not on par (ie you spent more on someone else then them), or ask if you bought something on sale and tend to try to call you out in front of the whole family for the amount you spent. What gets me is they will call you out for what you bought them and there side of the family but like last year they gave everyone $5 Tim's Card from there whole family even though most (if not everyonr) bought separate gifts for everyone in their family. To add salt to the wound this person basically said this is "payback" for all the years of sub par gifts and we needed to step our game up when it comes to present.

I am not looking to play their game but honestly I am just over the comments and feeling judged so I am thinking of saying let's just not exchange gifts this year.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Question Ladies, I need your help. I sold a purse to someone over a month ago, they had their bf pick it up and afterwards praised me (there feedback system on the site I use) saying just described, brand new purse as promised.

Today I get a message saying they never opened the grocery bag I put the bag in and I just went to get it out tonight and the purse is damaged both sides the seams are split beyond repair.

It was a brand new purse I sold with tags still on it as the colour was not what Mom expected and I know the purse was not ripped as the photos had were of all sides and the inside so I would have noticed when I stood the purse up and opened it to photography the inside if the side were split.

Has anyone had anything like this happen? It is a small community site and I do not went to get a bad reputation but I know that purse was not split when I sold it. Not to mention it has been over a month since they bought it so for all I know they have been using it and split one of the sides.

Any thoughts would be helpful.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If the buyers never opened the grocery bag, someone else certainly did and they probably know who it was. Guess from now on, only the person buying ought to pick it up and you show them the state of merchandise at pickup in good lit area.

As for gifting, I was going to suggest for the hard to please family members or hard to buy persons who told you nothing, you might want to put the assigned gift budgets in their names through a donation to a local entity in their area that supports Out of the Cold or soup kitchens or homeless people. Just putting it out there.

I am not sure about having been called out but I have noticed that my Mom will buy nice brands of chocolates for gifts for her friends and three of her friends seem to regift things to her or give her inexpensive items (but they are not hard up folks and two of them have very upscale homes). I have told Mom about the discrepancies and advised her to adjust her gift choices. The one person with a big house tends to be the chintziest one of all in gifts.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My budget for each person is $20 with the exception of Mom who I tend to give bigger gifts as well as I do her stocking. As bro put it he doesn't like shopping so his gifts are limited unless your into the same things as him and since there is only me and him now I try to spoil her.

With that being said last year I found something I knew Dad would love which is rare as he is a if he wants it he buys (but last year step mom banned him from shopping so he couldn't do that last year as in the past we have had to return his gifts as he bought it for himself sometimes the day before Christmas) so I spent about $50 on him but in the end since some came in under budget it all worked out in the end.

Question: Has anyone here due to the way a person acts about gifts ever opted to stop buying for them?

I have a few family members who feel they are Christmas police and keep track of what everyone got and will call you out if they feel their gifts are not on par (ie you spent more on someone else then them), or ask if you bought something on sale and tend to try to call you out in front of the whole family for the amount you spent. What gets me is they will call you out for what you bought them and there side of the family but like last year they gave everyone $5 Tim's Card from there whole family even though most (if not everyonr) bought separate gifts for everyone in their family. To add salt to the wound this person basically said this is "payback" for all the years of sub par gifts and we needed to step our game up when it comes to present.

I am not looking to play their game but honestly I am just over the comments and feeling judged so I am thinking of saying let's just not exchange gifts this year.
    I so would mention their $5 gift cards if they got more $ gifts from you, if you know that they tend to gift more to certain people and you are not aware of any monetary pressures on their side. This year, you can decide who is worth the effort of gifting because you cannot stretch your paycheque to cover ever increasing families. I do love that you spend more on your Mum because she has you and your brother as closest kin.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

In our family we just buy gifts for the children-not the adults for Xmas. We decided this several years ago and now that the cousins have grown up and become adults, they do a name exchange and just buy one gift with a limit of $20 for one of their cousins.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

as for gift buying -my daughter talked to my son/wife and they decided to stop buying for each other (as my daughter has a bit less and my daughter-in-law is on mat leave) just their kids and they set a limit of 40.00 for each kid -I will always buy for my grown adult kids and my soon to be 3 grandkids )my kids I change the limit some years -my grandkids I always set a limit of $80-100.00 on each child (I spoke to a friend my age yesterday who spends the same amount also on her grandkids ) hey $80 doesn't go that far with the cost of toys and clothing anyway=I have always enjoyed giving at xmas so splurge a little this time of year .I still am using my mom's 45 year old xmas tree and have no plans just yet to buy one ,so that is a frugal save each year

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! I am tracking the compagnies coupons I ordered.Never received the Ensure -Glucerna coupons,very deceived,colgate-palmolive send now a bundle of a lower value coupons not 1,00$ ones good on any and I never received the 4$ Chapmans coupon this year.I wrothe to Manns and Johnsonville they are sending coupons.Any suggestions of other compagnies sending out coupons?Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

we stopped buying for siblings a number of years ago because of attitude and ungratefulness. I then implemented no gifts for our parents unless its consumable or an experience. Stuff is just crap we deal with later. The same rule applies to me. I do not want gifts that take up space or need to be dusted. So unless I have clearly asked for something I only want consumable and experiences. But no chocolate, so people will buy me good coffee or wine or we will go to dinner. I know this drives people nuts but clutter overwhelms me. my brother now has a new partner and we like her so we will go to dinner and enjoy a lovely night out and have memories not objects. I used to bake stuff for him, but he was diagnosed with diabetes this year, so dinner out is a win for all of us.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good morning everyone!!!! I am tracking the compagnies coupons I ordered.Never received the Ensure -Glucerna coupons,very deceived,colgate-palmolive send now a bundle of a lower value coupons not 1,00$ ones good on any and I never received the 4$ Chapmans coupon this year.I wrothe to Manns and Johnsonville they are sending coupons.Any suggestions of other compagnies sending out coupons?Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!
    Have you checked out this thread?
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/176722...oupons-canada/
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-i was gonna say bolthouse is a good call-in,isnt it nice to get a nice trade in mail I got a super great trade from nata on smart canucks ,worth the stamp to trade a great trade
    lilo-i agree I don't need a lot of clutter -I think gift cards are awesome or if I hint I need something all there more practical

-just ordered a few items from joes fresh (as I had a code for free shipping they email me thru a problem )only spent 9.00 this mitts I got Sebastian from dollarama(12-24 months) don't fit-he has big hands and she already bought joe fresh ones that fit so got him another pair for 3.00 on sale
    -gonna try and vacuum today as I tripped in my spare room and an ikea lamp fell and broke -I decided to go thru some of my tops if I haven't worn in a year then gonna go so out 3 tops went

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here is a link to an SC thread regarding a major veggie recall.
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/424086...a/#post6843715

Thankfully I do not have any of these specific products in my fridge right now.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Got an email that Value Village will have a two day sale this Sunday Monday for 50% off clothing, shoes, accessories, bed & bath. Sunday is presale day for Club Members and Monday is open to all shoppers. Wish list will be compiled as I spotted some items Mom might like on my visit last weekend but fear if I don't get them on Sunday, all is moot (ditto the bed cover I'd like).

Sunny morning, crisp and cold, ideal for walking. Found a dime. Had a birthday lunch to attend for my best friend and enjoyed the company during the buffet meal. Really like the pink bubblegum mint candy staff handed out at the exit (delicious). PM walk-found two Monopoly game pieces so far.

If anyone in Hamilton is using public transit downtown tomorrow afternoon, see the bus thread in Local for Hamilton on detour information. Also for this weekend's paving work at Rymal/Garth-two bus routes will be on detour.

Yesterday I spotted a free event on Twitter that is being held tomorrow, so I registered. Should be a good way to spend Saturday in the presence of others learning leadership.

The sky looks like it will let go of some rain soon so I better scoot before the forecasted storm happens or I will be one very soggy Ciel (not my best look). Make the most of Friday everyone!
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information