User Tag List

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thank you for the update @sweet sparrow . Getting a free second hand car was a great surprise for your family, even with the added expense.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quiet, chilly day at home here. My sister emailed me last night and was saying at Aldi in Indianapolis they charge .97 for a large gallon jug of milk and .46 for a dozen eggs! Wow is all I can say!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Nov 5th, 2017 at 01:19 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Cleaning and food prep here today. If I don't make it to the gym then I will go on treadmill tonight while watching tv. Should get up and have breakfast then clean out veggie drawers and see what I have to use up. Then cleaning out the freezer on bottom of fridge and planning meals from that stuff to get it used up.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Quiet, chilly day at home here. My sister emailed me last night and was saying at Aldi in Indianapolis they charge .97 for a large 1/2 gallon jug of milk and .46 for a dozen eggs! Wow is all I can say!
    Oh, I've heard the stories of Aldi, as low as $0.97 for a FULL GALLON (almost 4L) and $0.18 for a dozen eggs at some locations. Crazy!! Would be nice if we could get milk and eggs that cheap!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow so nice for you and your family to have a car
    -just chilling today wanted to get a few groceries ,but I hope to have a pickup at 2.00 for my son selling one item for them
    -supper will be chicken breast and the few potatoes I have left with frozen corn
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You are right Johnb-it was actually for a gallon-my mistake!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Grabbed a few groceries. Load of laundry in the dryer. Went to my moms and grabbed 4 bags of perogies and a turkey. I have 2 turkeys left. I'm thawing it now and will cook it Tuesday. It's small so thinking I may try cooking it in slow cooker. Once laundry is done and put away I will peel potatoes and carrots and toss pea meal roast in oven to make Tupperware containers for kids.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My teen likes Harvest crunch cereal. It's on for $2 at No Frills. RCSS Has in store 500 PC pts offer. Good deal!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon All,
    Got an email late last night, there is a new baby in the family, cousin's wife had their baby last night. Haven't spoken to either yet letting them have some space well they start to adjust to life with 2 kids. Thinking it was a fast labour as just a few hours before the announcement came she was on Facebook liking and sharing posts from the company Facebook.

All of the laundry is done and folded, just need to put it away.

I have also chopped up 5 squash to be cooked. Mom will turn some into soup on Tuesday when she is off.

Not much else going on today. Had a couple people ask to pick up items today but after I said yes or we agreed to a price they stopped messaging so we will wait and see if any of them become sales.

Have a wonderful day everyone, off to figure out what dinner will be.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!! I did the dishes and then 2 loads of laundry!!! I need to cut off some carrots and do another batch of pumpkin soup,maybe tomorrow.It frozen again last night and now it rain. The exterminator will come tuesday @8:30 for a following but no mouses here at least.Supper will be:Chinese Beef Fondue,with some gouda and swiss cheese,some fresh bread and maybe a ceasar salad with a diet pepsi.Wishing everyone a great rest of the day,evening and night!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Nov 5th, 2017 at 03:32 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yippee stayed in most of today as was waiting for a kijiji person well they showed and even paid me an extra 1.00 to hold it -so 15.00 for my son/wife as I was selling an inside candle lantern for them
    I didn't feel like getting groceries so went to a local store "zarkys "and spend 35. something on deli meat ,freesh buns ,the best raisin bread ever -yummmm
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow. This weekend flew by. I did not get much done at home so hopefully DH can finish my to do list this week. We had brunch with our parents today to celebrate my moms bday. It's lovely that DHs parents and my parents are great friends. My brother and sister in love joined as well. My mom was kind enough to prepare 4 trays of lasagna for me and brought them along today. Both kids love grammas lasagna and I just don't have the time to cook like that. Monday will be leftovers as my older teen cooked a large casserole last night and no one really felt like eating heavy after the brunch. I suspect I will be off to sleep soon.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had the new winter tires installed on my van yesterday. Dh and I are both impressed with how well it handles on our snowy streets.

I joined my grandparents for church this morning. Then they treated our entire family to lunch and I gave them my local discount card to save 10% off the entire meal. I managed a nice afternoon nap while the kids slept.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Nov 5th, 2017 at 10:42 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Another rainy day in QC for change lol....And the température will goes below 0 these upcoming week nights.....Perfect time to take a nap..Wishing everyone an awesome warm monday!!!
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Weekend grocery shopping here and there-think my November budget is about to become burnt toast! I replaced the Hubbard squash with two butternut ones, found some reduced bananas, got 1L of milk, 1lb of butter, cereal and two weekend papers.
    Yesterday, I got my needed sale items at Shoppers plus a greeting card.

Yesterday morning, I was motivated to cook my remaining half box of fusilli pasta, then mixed it with half a jar of Classico pasta sauce, my remaining 1/2 squeeze bottle of pizza sauce, one tin of drained corn kernels and two tins of chicken flakes. Put the lot into an oiled casserole dish and baked for about 35min. Brunch! (It also helped to clear a couple of things from the fridge as well as the pantry.) Also sautéed the three little zucchini I ignored for a few days. I did not bake on Saturday night-was glad to have done my shopping before the pouring rain started. Speaking of rain--it went on and on. Yesterday as well so I waited for a break then went for the walk! Sibling got McDonald's takeout for late lunch (not long after I had pasta) then KFC chicken at night.

This morning, I did a quick check of some containers in fridge and either downsized some leftover food into smaller containers or pitched things. Two small heads of leaf lettuce were withering-got the withered leaves off and heads washed, spun and torn for a big bowl of DIY salad. Did some hand laundry after the cleanup and one load of kitchen linens. Think supper will be leftovers and sautéed veggies and salad (I have salad dressings, sliced radishes plus carrots I can chop).

Need baked treats for tonight's tea (cold night mean 8o'clock tea is lovely)--sometimes a mug needs a slice or square or some cookies.

Enjoyed reading Mittens from around Norway-pattern book (over the weekend) with some history about patterns knitted by many Norwegians and the big mid-80s exhibition that featured knitted mittens in the country. Interesting bits about indigo dyeingand how red dye is obtained...(don't read them if you have a snack-you might lose your appetite).

I have two travel books about Oahu and Kauai on the go as well.

The plan this week is hold the reins on further grocery shopping this week. Have a couple of unexpected expenses to cover and that means, like Gail Vaz-Oxlade wrote in her Smart Money column today, to use my frontal cortex to make a decision between two ways to spend the cash once.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information