User Tag List

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Universe taught me last night that the Universe giveth and taketh away. So after 11pm, I was taking out my reading material and looking for purchased spool of thread-no spool. 5 minutes later, clarity dawns: the bag I used to collect discarded beverage cups was not empty but had my spool (I had three empty produce bags, thought I had spool in bag one and had used the other handled bag for garbage but assumed spool was still in my tote-alas). I thought I had used the other empty produce bag I had found in the parking lot after buying the thread. So if the Universe is kind enough to show me a couple of waving $5 bills or a waving $10, I can then go back to get a new spool of silk thread or wait another month.

At least I had a late dinner of popcorn with butter and had the mind to melt the butter I needed for banana bread in the same pan after I poured the first butter over my dinner. Then I had my loaf in the toaster oven at 10pm and out before 11pm. This morning, I had a breakfast of the bread with a lovely fruit tea.

Then to sewing-got my reflective tape sections stitched to my coat shoulders. While pushing coat through a constricted opening while turning the sewing section around, I was pondering how to prevent future spool losses. Aha--put a pocket in my tote bag with a flap and fasteners so my empty plastic bags are not stuck in the bottom of the tote and I could stash a sandwich or snack bag for really small items in the pocket too. I happened to have a red/white shirt pocket and flap nearby (from the two shirts I have yet to make into one top), so I sewed them into my PC tote bag. Then ripped off one side seam as I remembered I had no button or snap or self fastening tape on, so retrieved the green umbrella Velcro tape squares and sewed them on and restitched the pocket. *Make sure to use a fabric that contrasts visually (colour or pattern) with the tote bag fabric.* If I had a green Mandarin buffet take out bag, I would have used that fabric for the pocket but I did not have the takeout bag around.

Did some hand laundry then headed out to the LCBO for the new F&D issue (you really want it!) and bought the Canada 150 red LCBO tote (red with white Muskoka chair design), as there were no blue LCBO bags left (just the special edition one, the neon green ones and the fuschia pink ones). Realized I had forgot to put my watch on but I'm not going far today.

Ooh, @cath007 I found another pumpkin recipe for you, courtesy of a chef of a Cayman Island resort (ad in the new Food & Drink magazine):

Sweet Corn & Pumpkin Fritters
    Prep time: 15-20 minutes
    Servings: 6-8

Ingredients
    1 cup corn kernels
    1 cup pumpkin, diced
    1/2 cup onion, diced
    4 cloves garlic, crushed
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
    1/4 tsp. scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
    1 cup flour
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1 egg

Directions
    Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl to form a thick paste.
    Shape into balls and deep fry at 350F for 3-4 minutes until golden.
    (Blue Cilantro Cayman )
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Nov 8th, 2017 at 01:53 PM.
    barbis9, walkonby and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My fridge was looking pretty empty this morning . My turkey is cooking in the crockpot today so we will have lots of leftovers to get us through tomorrow and Friday. Will make up a bunch of sides tonight to go with the turkey.
    I have a loaf of D'italiano bread in the freezer that will come in handy for toasted turkey sandwiches. (picked up at $Tree for $1.25! What a deal. I had a fresh loaf on the go that's why I froze it.

I think I will take out a family pack of lean ground beef from the freezer Friday before we leave for hockey. (think I only have 2 left @.99 LB) Will make up the burger patties and 2 bags of perogies Sat morning so they are ready to heat and eat for dinner. (We have a hockey game) I will cook some of the beef up and make a pasta sauce for a pasta dinner Sunday (another hockey game) There, I have a plan!
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold $20 in baby stuff to two ladies today. I have another lady wanting to come and look through stuff tonight.

Im going to another free program at the public library tonight. It’s a Christmas countdown decoration. I believe it will have a chalk erasable part on it. I might post a picture of the completed project.

Dh told me about his work Christmas Party. We’re having a potluck at someone’s house. Dh always has to bro g shrimp rings and sauce, which is unusual since he doesn’t eat that type of shrimp. I now need to buy gifts for the Chinese gift exchange, $15 max per gift.
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh’s truck had to be towed to a shop on Monday. Good thing we have CAA, which includes free towing. The truck repairs were done today with a 4-digit bill. I had to help Dh cover the large expense.

I had yet another no-show for buying baby stuff tonight. Same thing happened last week too. The unexpected truck bill just gives me yet another reason to keep trying to sell stuff.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela I feel the No shows, although I guess the nice news is they do message me to tell me they are not coming but I have somewhere between 5 to 10 bags of items now sitting in my living room waiting for pick up. This weekend I am going to gather it all up and move it back down the basement and if I do not hear back from this week's pick ups who asked to reschedule but did not supply a date I will cancel the transaction this weekend.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to visit/help my friend last night for a few hours with the twins. They were a handful so glad I was there to help. The snuggles are worth it!
    Then went home to clean the kitchen from dinner. Took me 5 mins and ran the dishwasher

I had a $6 sale Tuesday night. 2 Brand new with tags Star Wars stockings. I picked them up for .99 each at SDM after Christmas last year. I still have a few left and will use one for sure and sell the others. I have a bunch of new toys/gifts to post for sale that aren't needed. Will post this weekend and then again later in the week since the mama's get their money on the 20th and may be Christmas shopping. Really need to get back at posting stuff (I have $51 in our Summer 2018 Fun money envelope) I just started it last month and that is from 3 sales.) Motivation!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just went out and got groceries $124.39 saved 5.47 in cpns but will get back 2.00 from caddle and checkout51 and I will mail in for the rebate for finish -yes I could have gotten it at Walmart and gotten the extra 2.00 from checkout51 but didn't care to drive all over and no frills only had the 1left on the shelf-so glad I went to no frills as its sooo much cheaper than running to fortinos
    -then popped into dollarama and bought Sebastian 2 pairs of nice mitts 2.00 each as the daycare lost one of his on his walk and daughter lost one on her way home as he pulls them off and tosses them I guess (almost 14 months he is)my dear daughter walks him to daycare everyday 30 minutes there and back in his stroller so he will need mittens
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

We'll catch up after cooking supper which is hot Italian sausages on the bbq with side salad.

Dh has been home since afternoon on Monday (flu), he called work today to tell them he'd be in tomorrow but is still quite dizzy, I told him you had a note which the doctor gave saying back to work on Monday, you don't know how you will feel tomorrow

He felt a bit better today poked along at taking the air conditioners out of the windows (freezing rain & snow) warning in effect...yikes, I suspect the kids will be home tomorrow, baking day it will be (lol).

I don't know what to think of the new PC Optimum reward programs some things sound great but others not necessarily addressed to my satisfaction such as will there only be week long offers or Mon/Wed/Friday and week long offers like we currently receive via SDM. Also don't like that you will not be able to transfer points to another card holder, not prepared to go down to 1 account as dh currently gets better SDM offers AND my pc offers suck all the time. END OF RANT (lol), thoughts on the combination of both programs.

Enjoy your evening folks
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!! Supper will be sushis a treat for me they where 20 sushis for 10$ at metro qc,special offer.Inspection is now officially scheduled the november 16 at 4:00 pm ,need to tackle and do other cleaning for this due date.
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Nov 9th, 2017 at 03:42 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-jasper-I am leery of this new one card p.c and optimum combining -I like that shoppers is 10 minutes from my house and everyweek lately I have been getting 20 times on the milk ,2,000 when you spent 10.00 -heck I even made an effort to drive to no frills today and only got 600 points 2 offers on my 124.39 dollar order -my p.c offers are not for everyday items and not that great lately as I looked at my bill I didn't get the 200 points for my bananas as they were .97 cents not the 1.00 or more -kinda ticked me off a bit -just my thought -I still am gratefull for any points programs I have thou cause in the end they do help us out a bit in life

-update I did email an inquiry to p.c about the bananas and as goodwill they offered me 200 points so that was nice ,as that was the only reason I bought them as I have a few bananas here already -but hey can use them in banana muffins as they are starting to go
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Nov 9th, 2017 at 04:01 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just finished making my first trade list .I have the sample source coupons except the peanut butter fpc and a coupon for Eart Owns any product if you are interrested.-already traded that went fast!-
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Nov 9th, 2017 at 06:13 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -jasper-I am leery of this new one card p.c and optimum combining -I like that shoppers is 10 minutes from my house and everyweek lately I have been getting 20 times on the milk ,2,000 when you spent 10.00 -heck I even made an effort to drive to no frills today and only got 600 points 2 offers on my 124.39 dollar order -my p.c offers are not for everyday items and not that great lately as I looked at my bill I didn't get the 200 points for my bananas as they were .97 cents not the 1.00 or more -kinda ticked me off a bit -just my thought -I still am gratefull for any points programs I have thou cause in the end they do help us out a bit in life
    I'm grateful for the point rewards as well they certainly help with the budget, I will agree my pc offers suck, I get offers for things I don't even buy and never buy .

I plan on using most of my sdm points for Christmas shopping as I have in the last few years. I'm anxiously awaiting the spend your points or mega redemption just hoping it's not when hubby is away on 18/19th.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thinking with the coming changes to Optimum and PC points we will redeem both this year before Christmas. Hoping there is a redemption event at SDM on a weekend Mom is off and we can go together and see what we can pick up.

PC Points I think we will buy whatever we need for Christmas Breakfast/Dinner as it won't be much as I already have a turkey in the freezer and we always have potatoes on hand.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Posted a too small sweater for sale this morning of DS's and it was picked up 30 mins ago. $5 added to the summer 2018 fund!

Have a load in washer since DS needs clean pants for tomorrow.

We have snow. Squalls started as soon as we got home. DS helped me move crap in garage so I could park in there. No cleaning my car of snow in the morning
    cath007 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Seen in today's paper-an article on people pleasing: "When it comes to saying yes or no, choose the answer that feels like freedom." There's your tip when too many asks come your way--oh and even wait a day to answer them.

Shopped at Longos this morning to earn 2000 bonus TYR points (with card and coupon) wus $25 or more-was not going to let that coupon sit unused. Bought the store granola for the chunky breakfast cookies (really good, ate most for lunch-don't bake when hungry...) and some staples we were almost out of. Now my points balance is way over 2200 TYR pts, so I have a $10 redemption to use on ---$1.98 6pk pop (on sale tomorrow) and maybe more granola (there are about 3 cups in the box and recipe needs 2 cups) and something else.
    Made the cookies (supposed to have 36 but I had 23 big ones on one sheet and baked them longer. So soft and chewy-repeat recipe for sure and so many tastes and textures and also diced one of the butternut squashes to make 1/2 of the butternut rosemary casserole.
    Then second trip to a store-Food Basics for 5 pkgs of the 88 cent Primo pasta. Now the lingering jar sauces in the pantry are going to get used up in the remainder of November! And then went to Shoppers for a case of Pepsi Next-thought I had a 10X points offer but guess not this week (must have been last week). Goal is to make the groceries last until next Thursday and focus on using up produce. Might make an apple/frozen cherry coffee cake for Saturday.

Then light rain on walk home and yes, there were tiny frozen slushy bits too on and off. Snow is definitely going to show up tonight. My boots are still on standby. Shoes will get laundered tonight to dry overnight by the radiator.

No luck in finding Monopoly game pieces today nor yesterday-same goes for change or bills on the ground.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information