User Tag List

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The no show from Wednesday evening rescheduled for Friday afternoon. She was online several times and didn’t message me back until nearly supper time, hours after she was supposed to come to my house. I took the 6 boxes back out to the shed.

A different lady messaged me this evening and she plans on coming tomorrow. Hopefully she buys a fair bit. I’m refusing to bring anything inside until the person arrives. Too many no shows to drag stuff in and out of the shed for nothing.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Nov 12th, 2017 at 12:44 AM.
    saundyl, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here is the Christmas countdown decoration that I made at the library for free. Sorry, I’m not sure why the pic is crooked.

Edit: The black part has three layers of blackboard paint. I am going to let our son practice writing the new number in chalk. We refuse to have anything Christmas until Remembrance Day is over, so today will be the first day in the count down.
    Name:  B5CF0859-30C5-44CC-B39A-C5D87CC285FA.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  283.2 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Nov 12th, 2017 at 03:35 PM.
    saundyl, Tweets77, barbis9 and 7 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@saundyl you are wise to keep dragon close, that cone is so difficult for a pup to navigate. It was worse than the surgery imo.
    I am doing a prime rib, roasted veg today as a late lunch,early dinner. The older son always works Sunday evening so I try to make sure there is a meal for him before he leaves. @jasperandchar DH was terminated in July. It was no surprise as many before him had been let go. Fortunately we had already paid the kitchen renovation off in full so no panic there. It certainly makes one step up their frugal game. The severance was decent and I am secure in my role so we will be fine for the foreseeable future. I know he is getting frustrated with the job search, the joy of looking for work at 50.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @saundyl you are wise to keep dragon close, that cone is so difficult for a pup to navigate. It was worse than the surgery imo.
    I am doing a prime rib, roasted veg today as a late lunch,early dinner. The older son always works Sunday evening so I try to make sure there is a meal for him before he leaves. @jasperandchar DH was terminated in July. It was no surprise as many before him had been let go. Fortunately we had already paid the kitchen renovation off in full so no panic there. It certainly makes one step up their frugal game. The severance was decent and I am secure in my role so we will be fine for the foreseeable future. I know he is getting frustrated with the job search, the joy of looking for work at 50.
    She gets dejected and flops over as soon as it's on. If she stays with me during the day I've been letting her have it off. Making sure she doesn't like or itch.

I looooove prime rib.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Keurig is the best! I needed to replace a part that I misplaced, was going to pay $40 on eBay for a used one but decided to call Keurig directly. They sent the part to me no charge! Wow I am so happy as my machine is 10 years old and still makes great coffee. I was on the fence about buying a new one but now I don't have to.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Nov 12th, 2017 at 01:45 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well daughter went home at 2.00 with Sebastian -son and my very pregnant daughter-in-law and Ashlyn came over to see Sebastian -then son wanted to get groceries so I said leave Ashlyn here we raked one bag of leaves and I was laying in the leaves as she thru them on me -ahhh such fun thru the eyes of a 4 year old -lol -my son has no leaves in his neighbourhood as its a new area
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today was much more productive, I am not feeling a 100% I can still feel that my sinuses aren't happy but the sore throat seems to be gone which I am going to take as a good sign.

I did laundry today, along with the day to day laundry I also have all the piles of found/to sell clothes off the laundry room floor with the exception of the hand/delicate wash items which I will deal with at a later time since I probably won't get to them before I head out of town.

Every thing has been folded and sorted and all of the to be sold items are in a laundry basket. Thinking I will take photos tomorrow but will wait to post until I get back in town. Mom will put items out of me if I have them bagged but she tends to get frustrated finding items in the cupboard downstairs so I think it is best to wait till I am back to handle the pick ups.

I now have 2 scarves for Christmas done. Both bros gfs are done. When I get back into I will take photos and then wrap them so they are ready to go. Hoping to finish cousin's wife scarf well I am out of town.

I am really at a lose of what to buy all of the buys. I really do not like giving out gift cards as I find I can find better deals on actual gifts but all of them want "nothing" or what they want is way out of my budget. Also turns out they do not want any gifts cards that were available at SDM which would mean I would have to go spend more money on gift cards else where to get what they want. Hoping I can find some inspiration well I am away. I find the older we get the more Christmas stresses me out.

Well think I will go to Pinterest and see if I can find some inspiration there.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Nov 12th, 2017 at 06:12 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Working at home today, while it does not save me money it saves me time. My vehicle went in for the tire switch today and I was already planning to take it to Canadian Tire so I was very happy to receive an offer Friday for 10.00 of points with the tire switch.
    Yesterday was a great shop, 40.00 of Air Miles used at metro to stock up on chicken and 90.00 pc points used for groceries. Fortinos has their strip loin on sale and I had the beef offer so now we are set for a while.
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Working at home today, while it does not save me money it saves me time. My vehicle went in for the tire switch today and I was already planning to take it to Canadian Tire so I was very happy to receive an offer Friday for 10.00 of points with the tire switch.
    Yesterday was a great shop, 40.00 of Air Miles used at metro to stock up on chicken and 90.00 pc points used for groceries. Fortinos has their strip loin on sale and I had the beef offer so now we are set for a while.
    I finally had my winter tires put on yesterday by a friend. Phew! It was not a fun drive Friday night for hockey an hour away without them. Now I am ready!
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yesterday we fixed a kitchen chair, our master bath toilet (the float had snapped off) and put up the shower and shower curtains in with the classroom tub.

I wanted prime rib but no where in town had one so I settled for t bone steak (22.40 for 2 of one's) and bf roasted 2 squash we got for 99 cents each very tasty and...dragon is thrilled with the bone

Someone stole our axe right from our wood pile and the axe maul. So we replaced the axe but its staying just inside the door.

I cut "spider babies " off the spider plants and started new spider plants. I've got 4 pots with 2 babies each in. Thinking I'll get them rooted and sell them because people are always looking for indoor plants up here.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Yesterday we fixed a kitchen chair, our master bath toilet (the float had snapped off) and put up the shower and shower curtains in with the classroom tub.

I wanted prime rib but no where in town had one so I settled for t bone steak (22.40 for 2 of one's) and bf roasted 2 squash we got for 99 cents each very tasty and...dragon is thrilled with the bone

Someone stole our axe right from our wood pile and the axe maul. So we replaced the axe but its staying just inside the door.

I cut "spider babies " off the spider plants and started new spider plants. I've got 4 pots with 2 babies each in. Thinking I'll get them rooted and sell them because people are always looking for indoor plants up here.

Sounds like you were able to scratch off many items off the to do list. I need to write a new one because I have a million things to do but just forget/etc. If on a list I feel accomplished scratching it off. (and it gets done!)

Tonight- Dinner is just heat and eat which is nice. Dropping DS at hockey practice then I am meeting friends at the gym.

I will try and put the clean laundry away but pretty sure I won't bother till tomorrow night lol. Tonight will be a lazy night after the gym.

Lunch today- Salad with chicken. I bought a container of mixed greens for 50% off yesterday and made 2 salads for today and tomorrows lunch. Still some lettuce left so will make a small on for Wednesday and something else to go with it. I need to make oatmeal tonight for breakfasts. I really missed it today. Brought a banana but it was 1/2 rotten so I am starving!
    saundyl, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Sounds like you were able to scratch off many items off the to do list. I need to write a new one because I have a million things to do but just forget/etc. If on a list I feel accomplished scratching it off. (and it gets done!)

Tonight- Dinner is just heat and eat which is nice. Dropping DS at hockey practice then I am meeting friends at the gym.

I will try and put the clean laundry away but pretty sure I won't bother till tomorrow night lol. Tonight will be a lazy night after the gym.

Lunch today- Salad with chicken. I bought a container of mixed greens for 50% off yesterday and made 2 salads for today and tomorrows lunch. Still some lettuce left so will make a small on for Wednesday and something else to go with it. I need to make oatmeal tonight for breakfasts. I really missed it today. Brought a banana but it was 1/2 rotten so I am starving!
    I.love having a to do list to scratch off. What we got done yesterday was a lot of stuff i've been asking bf to help me with. So pleased.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We’ve accomplished a variety of things this weekend. Washed several loads of laundry. Washed kids foam chair covers and high chair covers. Checked out some stuff st The Brick, but didn’t find anything specific to spend the credit on. We took our old couch to the landfill. We brought in the matching love seat from the shed, which is still in awesome condition.

Another lady was a no show yesterday, but she replied back to my message and plans on coming in a couple hours. She lives out of town. We have different things going on nearly every weeknight this week and next. We have some firsts too, such as first twin girl haircut and first student led conference. I need to do some more meal planning. Still adjusting to my new daycare girl and her various needs.
    saundyl, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold the lady baby girl stuff, but she only brought $20 with her. So I made $20 and she had to decide what to leave behind.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

When we travel for work we tend to always stay in the same hotels, most of which we have some sort of arrangement with to get a better rate. The branch I am going to this week I have not traveled to recently so I asked my brother about our current rates in the area. The Hotel we used to stay at changed ownership and no one has stayed since the ownership changed.

I decided to give them a call and see what sort of rate they could give me. They asked why I was coming to town and told them we had a branch which makes us a local business and they gave me a rate which is $10 more a night then the previous Chain charged us but is still $30/night cheaper then the other hotel in town.

I think most prefer the other hotel as it has more bells and whistles but honestly when you travel for work you are pretty much just there to sleep as we are in the branch for 10 hours a day.

I have decided on Wednesday I will compare the old and new flyers to see which will give me a better bang for my buck. I see a couple of things going on sales next week at Wal-Mart I would like to get so I might be better off to shop on Thursday. I also see a few stocking stuffers are on sale at SDM and I have personalize coupons for bonus points so I will go and grab those.

Mom mentioned the other day she would like a crochet neck pillow, I was able to find a pattern online and will go yarn shopping well I am away to pick out something and try to keep it a secret. She has mentioned there is something else she wants but needs me to go with her to look at some yarn she wants me to use.

Off to pack as I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow night after work so won't have time to pack. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information