User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree988Likes

Thread: December 2017 Frugal Chatter thread (last chance to party for Canada's 150th)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 :Great price for barilla pastas and great idea to give some to your neigbour single mom .I am sure she is appreciated!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Any suggestions for baking with Aunt Jemima pancake mix? I bought some when they were much cheaper than flour. The mix is ok for pancakes, but I prefer my own recipe for waffles.
    Maybe go on the Aunt Jemima website ans they will have recepies ?

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    afternoon -popped out to the lcbo for my xmas wine and a giftcard for my son (used a 25.00 gift card up I had )
    -then popped into fortinos a few good deals
    (1) butter ball turkey on sale 1.49 a pound $26.63-25.00 giftcard hubby brought home last night from his job)=1.63 for our turkey
    (1) ricola cough drops 3.29-.75 cpn-.75 checkout51=1.79
    (1) large tray of reduced potatoes .99
    (2) Cavendish fries 2.99-buy 2 save 1.00=2.50 each
    (2) more pirate cookies 1.88-.75=1.13

-just got my credit card in (it was almost 200.00)-paid in full nice feeling -plus I cashed my ebates cheque I got for $47.99 today
    Great to have a very close to free turkey.WTG.Good for you!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just got in from Toronto -we got there at 8.a.m took daughter and Sebastian for brunch local small store and my daughter made pizza from scratch for us for supper ,then we watched Sebastian while she went for groceries and stayed til 7.00 p.m , a long full day of fun

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our son and I walked down to Dollar Tree to buy coin rollers and candy canes. I was already credited 25c from CO51 for the candy canes. The coin rollers are needed to help our son deposit the money from his piggy bank.

I picked up a free adult bike off a local local garage sale Facebook group. It will need some work, but looks ok.

I spent an hour this evening and managed to wrap nearly all of the kids gifts. I didn’t do anything fancy and wrote their names with a permanent marker. I finished the end of 3 rolls of wrapping paper. Dh was just commenting the other day about how long the Christmas wrapping paper lasts. I bought 4 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper at a church garage sale for 25c. I also keep and re-use gift bags, but didn’t use any for the kids so far this year.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 9th, 2017 at 11:09 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh and last night at daughters condo on the floor of recycling room I got some free white paper and I beer can
    -today may go out as snow is coming Monday ,I can always put my tree up on Monday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Maybe go on the Aunt Jemima website ans they will have recepies ?
    I found these.
    https://communitytable.parade.com/49...ncake-mix/amp/
    http://www.cosmopolitan.com/food-coc...cake-mix-uses/
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Going to spend the afternoon making centerpieces for DD, MIL, Mom and DS and his fiancé and of course for myself. Cost will be around $20 for all saving about $200.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had another sale for $15 today. I sold those toys that dh’s work have to our twins. I sold them for $15 each, which I then used to buy them appropriate gifts that they will really like.

My dad and his wife sent us money for the kids for Christmas and gas money. Our little family will be driving up to stay with them for Christmas this year.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Cooking a roast for late lunch so DH has a real meal before working tonight. Cleaned the veg crisper and a sad bag of potatoes for what wiill be a yummy tray of roasted veg and it will be dinner on Monday too. Spent some time in the freezer too. It's amazing what you can pull together with bits of stuff.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Cooking a roast for late lunch so DH has a real meal before working tonight. Cleaned the veg crisper and a sad bag of potatoes for what wiill be a yummy tray of roasted veg and it will be dinner on Monday too. Spent some time in the freezer too. It's amazing what you can pull together with bits of stuff.
    I’m so bored with food lately. I know I need to cook and feed the family, but not much seems interesting. I also have a hard time figuring out what I should eat for supper or breakfast. I want to bake treats, not actual meals. One of the problems with Treats is that I don’t have many people to feed them to. Some of my friends and family members have diabetes. I will still bake some of what I want, but I should continue to look for diabetic friendly sweets. I also need to do some meal planning.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 10th, 2017 at 05:35 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Same boat here. I had lunch out with my friend and doubt I will eat much later tonight. But still have to feed everyone else. I need to prep food for my healthy eating the next few days so I took out 3 packages of chicken. Will make them perogies and veggies to go with it for dinner. While cooking dinner I will make 3 oatmeal mason jars for my breakfast the next few days.

Taking a pork roast out tonight for the crockpot Tuesday morning. Leftovers Wednesday.

Only picked up milk yesterday. We have tons of clementines to eat up this week. A few bananas. Been using up the odds and ends of bread from freezer.

Kitchen is clean and dishwasher is going. Will put away when done then dinner dishes can go in.
    Laundry is mostly done and put away. Doing teens now and it will be put away right away.
    Angela273, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 can you suggest a good square/treat for a diabetic. My brother has just been diagnosed this year and in the past I would bake him his own tray of hello dollies. They are definitely out now.
    I also had planning and preparing food, but Sundays have always been a roast and veg meal, DH is a Brit so it's our thing. DS's job kinda messes that up. He also likes to cook so at least once a week he does the planning and cooking.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@lilo003 I’ll have to look and get back to you regarding diabetic friendly baking recipes. Angel food cake is actually a good option.

http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/...cookie-recipes
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 10th, 2017 at 08:04 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

today popped over to once upon a child and sold things for my daughter-in-law(26.35) and daughter (23.35) for their gently used baby clothing,the store was crowded as they had 70% off some yellow stickered items I got a brand new joe fresh long sleeve shirt for Sebastian 1.65 and fleece pants for cara 1.65 -didn't find anything for Ashlyn except heavy ski gloves 2.00 -oh and the find of the day a wool H&M jacket for Sebastian with the tag still on reg 49.99 I paid 15.00

then popped over to talize for me -nothing in clothing for me but found 2 puzzles 3.99 each -10%=3.59 as I get seniors discount,their puzzles are always a little more than value village but these are too really good puzzles (dowdle puzzles is one of them)

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information