User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree988Likes

Thread: December 2017 Frugal Chatter thread (last chance to party for Canada's 150th)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well popped over to shoppers today as it was seniors day -I am loving this seniors 20% off I got
    milk 3.42 after discount.a crème I needed for me saved 2.50 on it plus fun Cadbury cookies for the grandkids 3.18 a box,oragel toothpast for kiddies 3.99-1.00 cpn=2.99 oh and I got a 3 pkg huggies all natural wipes 6.99-3.00 cpn thanks to a lovely trade on here=3.99
    -then popped into bulk barn-I really want to make Belgium cookies this year of course shoppers was all out of unsalted butter til Friday or sat
    -supper tonight son is buying a pizza as we are watching Ashlyn as he gets his new tires put on ,my daughter-in-law is out with her mother -yeah I don't have to cook
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had signed up for a dainties exchange, which was supposed to take place on Saturday morning. I received a call late this afternoon saying that everyone else backed out when they received the reminder phone call. I was really looking forward to it and find this to be rather depressing. I’m considering seeing if any of my friends that bake might be interested in exchanging goodies. They only run evening adult programs on Tuesday and Wednesday’s, which did not work very well when our son has gymnastics on Tuesday evenings. I am signed up for something on Wednesday evening next week, but called to get added to the Tuesday evening class in order to try to make sure I can actually attend something without it being cancelled.

Our local theatre has Arthur Christmas as a free matinee for the community on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. There is also a free Christmas in the Park with a light tour on Sunday afternoon. The light tour will be available to the public for free until the New Year. Dh and I have a date night this coming week, to go see the new Star Wars movie...too bad we can’t use the coupons from the Cheerios boxes because our theatre is family owned.

My aunt sent out a tex message update to the family late this afternoon. Her doctor called today and all of the margins look good and there is no indication of the cancer spreading! She is a large woman and has diabetes. 7cm section of stitches didn’t hold and she has a couple different infections. Home care is coming every day and she has been told to expect another 3 months of recovery.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Dec 14th, 2017 at 06:14 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Last night I made some Xmas squares and today I made some homemade Poppycock. DD will be back on Tuesday so we are looking forward to spending some time with her. My Mum is also going to be visiting over Xmas and New Year with my niece getting married here on Jan 6-busy times ahead.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just ordered a $25 Amazon.Ca gift card and was credited my bonus 50SB from my swagup. I have one active referral, which is great!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Haven't stopped in for a while. Always love reading about your various adventures, savings and wonderful planning to squeak the last cents out of every $1. You are such an inspiration!

Happy Holidays, every one!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Free box of cereal kellogs multi grain Crunch or granola on save.ca it will go quickly so go go go(over)
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Dec 15th, 2017 at 04:19 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

TGIF. One of my daycare girls didn’t come today, she got to spend the day with her mom.

I finally did some more baking this afternoon. I baked a favourite recipe that I haven’t made in years...chocolate revel bars. I also baked 3 cups of regular flour. I did this because I want to make sugar cookies this weekend, using Philadelphia cream cheese, and this way the kids and I can safely eat some of the raw dough because this recipe does not use eggs.

It it looks like today will be a day where I wake all the kids from their naps because I try not to let them oversleep.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well went to take a urine sample to lab today and found out I have to do a test at home and return it to lab on sat ,then went to denningers for lunch meat and buns of course bought a apple strudel for 50% off,then ito value village for a few more puzzles (nope they didn't have any as they were 40% off and all sold out) so got 2 tops 5.03 after my 30% off filled card ,and the second top was 5.59 plus found a roll of frozen xmas paper .69 after discount
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh came home with 4 free bags of Old Dutch chips he was given at work. Earlier in the week he was given a nice box of chocolates.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Gotta love those little surprises @Angela273 !
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My aunt sent me a text this morning. She has invited us for supper the one evening and will host a small gathering. She picked out a hotel and offered to pay for a night, which is the first time that we have received this type of offer. So our plans continue to evolve, but family is stepping up to the plate by reducing g the financial burden. I will bring baking to accompany the supper and bring some out to my Dad’s the following day.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Oh @Angela _273 it is marvelous to hear the good news about your aunt! And bonus news that your DH actually got something decent treats too (makes up for the disappointing potluck gifts somewhat)! Sorry to learn that your library program got cancelled since you were wanting it to happen. I'd suggest to see which other places might offer cookie exchanges (late now for Xmas) but maybe there will be something at Sobey's, community kitchen or even a church or retirement home program for winter or Easter? That way, you will have options.
    @coupon girl -seems that some sales days are too popular at Value Village! Saw in my e-mail today that tomorrow is 50% off off clothing, bed and bath and accessories. You can believe I will go to the store tonight and take a look (previewing the racks as it were and seeing how many shoppers might be loading up their carts). Still love my comforter from a week ago, despite noticing a couple of tears (likely from laundering it) this week that I had to mend.

Yay at reading that @Natalka is home!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That pricey can of paint is no more. I did paint my baseboards all the way around (coat 2 for some, coat 1 for others) and got the closet's first coat on yesterday. This morning, I did the second coat starting at 9am (Ms. Sunshine was in the right spot and the closet needed her beams so I could see where I missed yesterday with the roller, plus the heat was on, so at least 15C to make the paint spread properly). I had about a couple of tablespoons of paint left in the can at the end plus a partial shot glass worth of paint in the small tray-just barely enough paint to apply one layer on the closet shelf on all sides (I sanded the rough ends which I left unpainted just to minimize snagging since I keep some knitwear on said shelf with linens and other things). My waffle knit shirt has so many paint splatters-will see if I can scrub them off tonight and ditto some tiny splatters on the blue pants and one smear on a pants hem. My painting is not perfect-done was good enough.

Must admit I am glad that painting IS OVER! I've partially reset my room prior to coming to the library and it'll take about 10-15mins to put everything else back.

Last night, I attempted to make the White Bean Cranberry Rosemary dip (from the Tasty Rewards website) using the blender and I added too much water (recipe calls for 2 cans of 14oz white beans and my cans were 19oz each) to help make the blades move. In retrospect, I should have just dry measured the right amount of beans, not puree all 38 oz worth. The motor was struggling. So I had a goopy dip and could not really taste the olive/garlic oil mix much (I also tripled the amount of lemon juice). I'd try this recipe again but cut back on the beans. I did love the cherry cranberry Craisins I used for the dip, as I did not have dried cranberries and did not have to chop those. If someone here tries the recipe with their food processor (which is what recipe states to use and I don't have), let me know what you think of the resulting dip. It does look a bit festive but I want to taste the flavours not just beans.

PC Plus gave me a points offer on their laundry detergent-great, as the big jug is empty and next week will be restock time.

All the fans of Shoppers Drug Mart have noticed the 2-day sale (for weekend specials and food specials) for Ontario is on this Sat & Sun? I was not expecting this little switch.
    barbis9, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes ceil -gotta love that I just used my donation card for 30% off and sunday is 50 % ,(plus my top had a tiny whole in the back I noticed so mended it )I cant go anyway watching baby cara from 1-3 and gotta go to rexall in the morning for prescriptions
    -I baked beligun cookies today man some got a bit brown ,I remember doing these with mom or my daughter -definitely a 2 person cookie ,oh well it put me in a great spirit listening to xmas music as I baked
    -saved $14.40 from pioneer this morning used up all our bonus bucks from the whole year -again every little bit helps
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We went to Arthur Christmas as a free matinee at our local theatre. We still bought treats from the concession stand. It was the first time at a theatre for our twins and they did great! They sat in their own booster seats and napped through part of it. We were happily surprised when Santa arrive at the end of the movie and had little treat bags for everyone. None of our children were scared.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information