User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You give out all your information DOB etc for $25.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If it is not for you - then don't do it... do not assume it is not for others regardless of what information is asked for.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Thanks so much for posting

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

thanks for posting

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my question is .. is it one per adult... or 1 per household.....

my household for example has 4 adults....
    barbis9, Ciel and Midnightly like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    They ask for your birthday on the form. It's not worth $25 to give away personal info IMO.
    The info they are asking for , its very easy for someone to apply for a Credit card with that info. Too much identity theft these days. Exact legal name, D.O.B , Phone number, Address.

Most online forms I usually just give my initials or short name like say Mike S , John M etc. But here to prevent fraud I guess they need your exact details.
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    Most contest forms ask your birthdate--it is to confirm age of majority requirement. They are required to ask this. It is proving that you are not a minor, because you must be of age to agree to ant legal agreement.
    Instead of asking for the exact D.O.B they can just ask how old you are on so & so date, when you enter the contest to confirm the age of majority. Are you 19 or 19 + on so and so date say Jan 1,2018 or what's your age on so & so date.

But yeah for legal reasons they need to know if you are age of majority or not.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    my question is .. is it one per adult... or 1 per household.....

my household for example has 4 adults....
    It asks how many adults live at your address, and it says one card per customer in the FAQs, so I'm assuming it's one card per adult, not per address (so potentially multiple cards per address).
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i was wondering that also.. might be worth asking.. it does ask how many adults in the household but it doesn't ask for their info, it does say 1 card per customer nothing about per household..so does that mean they can sign up too?
    barbis9, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Save on follows suit
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/424739-save-foods-bread-price-fixing-rebate-canada/

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If you want in on a class action suit, I am sure someone will ask for birthdays then as well

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i was wondering that also.. might be worth asking.. it does ask how many adults in the household but it doesn't ask for their info, it does say 1 card per customer nothing about per household..so does that mean they can sign up too?
    Yes, each adult in a household can sign up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1.) Why your Date of birth? Because it need to be established, in a legal declaration that you were an adult during the period in question (2002-2015). You have to been an adult when you claim to have bought bread at Loblaws during the time from the the price-fixing was happening (not the entire time, but have been an adult within that window and likely to have bought bread) in order to be a participant in the claim. If you turned 18 or 19 in the past 2 years, you weren't an adult during the period, and might be ineligible to file a claim.

2.) It's not per household, it's per individual person who might have bought bread between 2002 and 2015. It doesnt matter where you live or lived. In fact given the year span, it's quite possible the people you live with (or don't) today might not have been the same people you live(d) with during any point between 2002 and 2015. And where you live in 2018 has no bearing on where you lived when you bought bread within this period. Case in point: In that time frame, I have had 4 different room mates, lived at 5 different addresses, and currently live with completely different adults today... some of whom have bought bread before I was living with them.... we should all be eligible for the card.

If you bought bread... if your roommates bought bread... if your spouse bought bread... if your 24-year-old-son-who-still-lives-at-home-because-he's-too-lazy-to-find-a-job-and-move-out bought bread... they're all eligible.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Jan 12th, 2018 at 08:01 PM.
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    1.) Why your Date of birth? Because it need to be established, in a legal declaration that you were an adult during the period in question (2001-2015). You have to been an adult when you claim to have bought bread at Loblaws during the time from the the price-fixing was happening (not the entire time, but have been an adult within that window and likely to have bought bread) in order to be a participant in the claim. If you turned 18 or 19 in the past 2 years, you weren't an adult during the period, and might be ineligible to file a claim.

2.) It's not per household, it's per individual person who might have bought bread between 2001 and 2015. It doesnt matter where you live or lived. In fact given the year span, it's quite possible the people you live with (or don't) today might not have been the same people you live(d) with during any point between 2001 and 2015. And where you live in 2018 has no bearing on where you lived when you bought bread within this period. Case in point: In that time frame, I have had 4 different room mates, lived at 5 different addresses, and currently live with completely different adults today... some of whom have bought bread before I was living with them.... we should all be eligible for the card.

If you bought bread... if your roommates bought bread... if your spouse bought bread... if your 24-year-old-son-who-still-lives-at-home-because-he's-too-lazy-to-find-a-job-and-move-out bought bread... they're all eligible.
    Read the bit about age and well, I'm probably not eligible anymore. Turned 18 in May 2015 and the price fixing period ended on March 1,2015. I might try to fight them on it, but we will see (I've been buying groceries since I was about 16, including bread, for my family).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...BTF?li=AAgh0dA

Loblaws’ price-fixing on bread may have cost you at least $400....
    barbis9, Ciel, Trinigal and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Read the bit about age and well, I'm probably not eligible anymore. Turned 18 in May 2015 and the price fixing period ended on March 1,2015. I might try to fight them on it, but we will see (I've been buying groceries since I was about 16, including bread, for my family).
    And I should emphasize the "might" in the "might be ineligible"

As I read the terms on the site, it says if you ARE of legal age of majority (which implies presently) so you could be eligible.

But somewhere along the lines, I thought I read (or interpreted) that it was between the dates of purchase. in any event, applying wont hurt...

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information