User Tag List

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My mom was laughing at the sketch last night when it aired but I do not think she got the comment about GW making the bread price whatever I want.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't suppose anyone received their gift card yet?
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I don't suppose anyone received their gift card yet?
    I believe they indicated 6-12 weeks from date of submission ... so that would only make it a couple of weeks so far ...

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Did you only have to fill out the form once, and simply request multiple cards by indicating how many adults were in the house?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Did you only have to fill out the form once, and simply request multiple cards by indicating how many adults were in the house?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I did, and I'm not sure If I've cheated a little or not, but answered the question regarding the number of adults in my "household". I'm in a student house with four others. When it asked the question regarding number of adults, technically, I was honest in saying there are four others in my house I live in. But my parents might be requesting cards for themselves, not sure. Sorta a confusing question from my perspective.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No gift card in the mail yet but I do believe that Loblaw will want to move those gift cards ASAP to get the goodwill campaign rolling along.
    @anisa -not sure there was a multiple card request option on the form but I answered how many adults were in the household. It will be interesting to see if only requested cards get sent out or if registrants find more than one card in the mail based on adults in household answer.

Think the new PC Optimum program is going to have fun tracking households as defined in their terms.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    No gift card in the mail yet but I do believe that Loblaw will want to move those gift cards ASAP to get the goodwill campaign rolling along.
    @anisa -not sure there was a multiple card request option on the form but I answered how many adults were in the household. It will be interesting to see if only requested cards get sent out or if registrants find more than one card in the mail based on adults in household answer.

Think the new PC Optimum program is going to have fun tracking households as defined in their terms.
    So if 3 Adults live in the household, should all 3 people fill 3 different forms ? And all 3 should write - 3 Adults live in the house, when each one fills the form ?

I guess each one has to apply separately . And not combined, 1 form . Yeah a bit confusing.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I answered 3 to each sepe rate application

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The terms of the program dont say one way or the other... but also doesnt identify any penalty otherwise.

If you only fill out one form (regardless how may adults you report) and only get one card, you'll be kicking yourselves later.

I'm not sure why anyone would question the best course of action here... (?)

Better safe than sorry, I say, and have everyone eligible in your house fill out a form, and answer all questions honestly. (have everyone report the proper # of adults) -- it takes all of 20 seconds.

If you get 4 cards for 4 adults, regardless how, then that's what you hoped for. Regardless, you'll get how ever many cards you're eligible for.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

each adult person has to do their own registration. i contacted them. they reply "more than one member of each household may register..." and you indicate how many people in the household on the form.
    I didn't ask if someone can use the same email address for each application, but i would recommend different email address (if your parents don't have) or double check with Loblaws first.

Call: 1-855-465-8881
    Email: [email protected]

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

heard that Metro and Sobeys are confirmed to be part of the bread price fixing
    Metro says they were not part of this
    barbis9 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Here is the latest information released today: https://www.thestar.com/business/201...on-bureau.html
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Here is the latest information released today: https://www.thestar.com/business/201...on-bureau.html
    Wow. Walmart and Giant Tiger too. Wonder if they will offer gift cards too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wow they increased the price of each bread product by 10 cents, each & every year in a planned way & gouged the customers. Irrespective of what the price of flour was or ingredients, they increased the price in collusion across all the retail chains.

Then they cooly split the profits between the retailer & supplier at 3 cents & 7 cents respectively . We are talking about Billions in profits here if we include the 14 years or so that they have been doing it and 35 Million Canadians.

https://www.thestar.com/business/201...on-bureau.html

Loblaw, Walmart, Sobeys, Metro, Giant Tiger allegedly involved in alleged bread price-fixing scheme: Court documents

The court documents provide more details on how the scheme allegedly worked: the agreed-upon price increases were on average, about 10 cents per product per year, with seven cents going to the suppliers and three cents to the retailers.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

done, thanks!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information