User Tag List

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

One Daycare girl cancelled this morning and the other didn’t arrive until nearly 11am. I have laundry in the wash. I’ll switch the load when we head inside. We are currently playing in the back yard. Our twins and I have been digging the small weeds out of the garden and picking rocks. When our neighbours built their garage, bling before we bought our house, there was a layer of gravel poured into my biggest garden plot. Each year I pick rocks, especially after it has been rototilled. I’m hoping to get a neighbour to rototill it for me again this year. We paid him $20 to do it last year. His machine is a nice size, so it didn’t take him very long at all.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, May 3rd, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Trying so hard not to online shop.......any tips? Was to go out today but I overdid it yesterday and need to rest. Just looking at my sleeping cats is making me tired.
    I find myself looking online when I anticipate I will have to go shopping but if something is not on my list of things to look at during my 3h of Internet time, I forget to look at it (shopping sites). Somehow though I lose track of time reading posts on Twitter or checking store Twitter posts...

Lately, I do find myself tearing out product pages from free magazines or catalogues for things I'd like to have if I win lots of money ( I either put the pages into a pageholder or binder or cut and tape items to lined paper--dream shopping list!). My current money situation is not going to fund a renovation anytime soon. Though I have some hope of painting the main bathroom, that is another haystack of issues--I may try to get the radiator painted this year at least.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Received
    2 awesome trades from fb french couponning groups
    coupons
    an awesome mail day!!!
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis9-I find it hard to give any tips for no online shopping as I love it -have been shopping 3 years now and love have never paid any shipping fees as I don't care too -I love the deals I get I never pay full price for anything -mind you this month I have cooled down on the online shopping

well popped over to the mall this morning as I sure wasn't gonna let 10.00 from my points go to waste at Gymboree it expires on sunday I got
    -3 pkg underwear for Ashlyn on clearance -my 10.00 (it came off each item) 5.83
    - summer pj's for Sebastian 8.24
    -leggings for baby cara 2.74
    -summer top for Ashlyn 2.74 -socks for Ashlyn 2.40
    came to 23.05 -love buying for my grandkids

then went to value village -yes I know I missed 50% off sun/mon but I really hate the crowds and since I donated 4 bags and a box of books I got a 30% off donation card I saved 9.30
    I got 4 puzzles ,addition elle t-shirt %3.14 a Bianca nygard dressy t-shirt -it was 12.99 reg and I asked to speak to a supervisor over the rediculous price as I had other designer tops in my buggy way cheaper -I told her how much I buy at her store and donate and she went to the back and marked it down to $8.49-30%=5.94 I paid for a like new nygard top oh and I got 2 plates,body shop hand crème and a tim hortons mug -lol

then popped into goodness me for a few items
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My kijiji sale is still sitting in the basement. One person wanted it but wanted it delivered to her door and offered extra. I offered to meet her at the community center across the street but she said she'd get it elsewhere. Another lady wanted it, but then said she needed it to be pink (which from the photos, it obviously wasn't). Finally, a third person said it was too far for her to travel.

Fortunately, there is one box moving out of the house this weekend. I'm going to donate one box of baby clothes to a friend who is having a girl. Hurrah! I wish I hadn't tossed out all the baby clothes that were stained now. Many of them were in amazing condition except for a few formula stains or reflux, nothing a little Oxiclean wouldn't fix. These clothes have all come from close friends in our circle so they wouldn't mind their baby spitting up on the same bib. Unfortunately, they weren't expecting at the time and the pregnancy crisis center wasn't accepting stained clothing. I think I filled an entire 240 L garbage bin with baby clothes. The family is buying many new clothes as well, so these clothes will just be for introducing first meals and getting messy in.

DH bought new tires last week. I'm sure I could have found a better price, but he just couldn't wait, as with many of his purchases. His workplace also just took out money for new uniforms for him directly out of his pay without telling him. I only noticed because I was recording all the figures in my tracking and saw that he was shorted +$50 one week. I don't understand his workplace sometimes. We get the shirts at my company for free. Of course, there is a different logo, so it wouldn't work if I just ordered my shirts in his size.

Last week's visit from a friend went well, I think. We cleaned as best we could and the house is much tidier. I can't say the same about the basement, where most of the baby things went. I should be posting a bassinet and a playpen soon, so if they move, that will create much more space. She gave us some old shoes and a jacket her daughter had grown out of. I was a bit disappointed as DD1 is fitting into clothes two sizes higher than her age, but I know she hasn't tidied up, being so busy lately. I'm holding off on buying clothes because I would hate to buy a new wardrobe, only to have an influx of clothes in a few weeks, or whenever she gets to sorting.

This week, it finally happened. I put out the clothes to dry and a bird got DD1's bedsheet. Doves have been nesting in our yard somewhere, so it was only a matter of time. DD1's sunglasses broke (a screw fell out and then the arm fell out somewhere), so I will be watching for the next sale. The strap on her dress shoes broke (she likes to yank very hard), so I will be looking for a new pair of those too. To top it off, she fell and tore a large hole in her pants.

It's been an expensive week.

We didn't get any promotion on our pizza last week, but they got our order wrong and put on the one thing I asked they leave out. We now have a free large pizza on our account.

Perhaps it will be a nice week to tidy the garden a bit.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Ciel: Congratulations on your lottery win!

@barbis9: What kind of online shopping do you do? You could always put the item in your shopping cart and think about it for 24 hours as a cooling down period.

@coupon girl: I should send you my Gymboree gift card. I think you will get much better use out of it than I. I haven't been there in over three years and I have two young children! All I do is grocery shop, laundry, and maybe get myself to the playground once in awhile.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow -ahhh how nice I have the time as I am inbetween working (babysitting) I will start back up end of oct to watch baby cara -I may only do 2 days a week as its getting harder ,chatted with my dear daughter-in-law today she went thru a ton of ashlyn's clothing as she had a growth spurt -some she may not keep for cara as you know they are 4 years apart and Ashlyn is starting to wear her clothing out a bit more

my dear grandson Sebastian is a size bigger than his age and my daughter told me if I buy pants for xmas maybe get a 4 and he will be 2 in sept (he is almost the same weight as Ashlyn )I laugh as we took him over to see Ashlyn last sat when we had him for the evening and Ashlyn was playing with her fisher price people -so Sebastian said people,then ashlyn replied "line them up like me as they are going to school" she must think he is on the same level as her as he is pretty solid and big -lol
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I made 1 trade on french fb couponning groups !!! I am waiting on a bunch of trade and coupons,it will be happy mail days ahead!!!
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

here is something frugal -today I called the bay as I shop online a bit there and the odd time instore -I noticed they had an extra 10% off today only and I just bought hubby pants 6 days ago and another order for socks and a kickball for the grankids ,so I wondered if she may honour the extra 10% -you never know anyway she put me on hold and said I am a loyal customer so if I call an order in next time I will get free shipping and 10% off -so that made my day

supper tonight pasta for hubby and a market cuisine for me -mind you I didn't care for it was crusted fish and creamy rice with peppers -dessert with my tea one of my homemade blueberry muffins

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

For the first time in my couponning life I am not happy with a trade I made.I asked the person if she had free products coupons or my research and she directed me to her album of coupon,.I choose coupons I might use or retrade them because I wanted to get rid of 2 fpcs baby that expire soon.But she had a fpc for so fresh ,a fpc for goldfish and a 2$ milk coupon in a april 27 post that I was not aware off...Not an happy camper and I cannot change the trade;once we give our adress it is closed...so frustrated...
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I found more compagnies I want to writthe.!!!
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Still no news for my approbation to the 12$ saving coupons from Agropur.I readed in french couponning group a promo i totally missed and i dont know in witch french fb coupons site it was posted.It was send a self adressed enveloppe to get 1 free product coupon from uncle bens.Some people said they received an expired coupon or did not find the product so the compagny given them 8x5$ coupons for any uncle bens products...that is just crazy..
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just finished trading my 5 x1$ wub2 lays and pepsi peelies for cashmire 1$ peelies.It is more winning for me because i have enough chip and pop with the pepsi promo
    Ciel, coupon girl and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A very good earlier morning to all the earlier birds that will follow me!!!
    TGIF!!!!
    I did not steal this one!!!
    Very difficult emotive week with a lots of stress,crisis of panicking and tears because it was the 4 anniversary of the death of my brother and the 29 april was the birthday anniversary of my death mother .....So I got busy in trading and stayed busy just to try to forgot these things.Anyway wishing you all an awesome day!!!
    I hope we will have great weather,yesterday was rain.
    Ciel, coupon girl and macw1960 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath007 -hugs to you dear friend ,its hard to it was good for you to keep busy -I miss my dear mom somedays and in march she has been gone 5 years -I will never forget the years my dear mom has been gone as my granddaughter Ashlyn was born in oct of the same year she will be 5 in the fall
    -up early at 4.30 this morning so did a load of towels and watched `the midwife`on netflicks
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information