User Tag List

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

wasn't going to watch the Harry and Meghan wedding but went to the gym and most of the TV screens had the wedding
    burned 400 calories watching the wedding
    raining so no gardening. right? wrong
    weeds pulled easily
    made sure all plants in pots/planters well watered (free water from the heavens is the best water)
    added some Scott's turf builder to encourage more grass and less weeds
    checked on our free rain barrel contraption, made from rubber maid garbage containers
    burned about another 100 calories working in the rain

got some McDonalds coupons for breakfast and such, but decided to take some whole wheat bread, some cooked ground turkey and boil an egg to make my version of McD'Oh's breakfast sandwich, and threw the coupons away

now off to vote in the early polls

All Ontario SCs, PLEASE VOTE
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, May 19th, 2018 at 10:27 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well silly me got up at 5:20am and watched the wedding. I found one channel kept going into the crowd -annoying (Cheryl Hickley was the host), so I changed to CBC where it was full screen on the whole procession and I'm very tired.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have a question for all of you. What do you do when you arrive at a grocery store to pick up the sale items and find signs on each of the displays with misprint corrections. I went to Sobeys this morning and there were signs for the chocolate milk, Nestle icecream treats, sausages, etc. I left with a rain check for ham and nothing else. Is this even legal? Is it faulse advertising?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -most flyers have tiny print stating that the chains have the right to corrections. It'd make sense to see misprint signs in grocery stores. When furniture, craft or electronics stores run corrections in the following week's community paper, it does seem kind of late to deal with the misprints but there is some law dealing with it.

What gets me is seeing a product photo in the flyer but the text mentions a size that does not match the size shown in the image. Two months ago, this was a Robin Hood all-purpose flour item on the front page of the Walmart flyer for a sale price. I do remember telling the cashier about that discrepancy (and empty shelves) when I was done with paying for my shop.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I did not watch the live broadcast of the wedding except when the Global station team had footage of the newlywed royals leaving the church (the hosts chatter did not allow for hearing the hymn that I heard when the footage was rerun later).
    Kind of cool to have the pull to arrange for no planes landing at Heathrow Airport during the service-that was a fun fact to hear from one of the commentators who remarked that the airport was behind them (and I guess that castle).
    Fashion sales will do well as will food and beverage sales. Don't envy the people who had to be outdoors for hours just for this occasion. Not sure how little fun can be had in walking in high heels (court shoes have a purpose) or dress shoes on turf and asphalt for hours in the sunshine. Let's see what the temperature in London is tonight (as England is a few hours ahead of us): 16C at 7:25pm their time right now.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had finally got rib on coupons I did not want to go to waste in a trade(cat food coupons) for Something I wanted and a cat will be happy and i am happy =win win !!!
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday was an impulse spending afternoon-Rexall, then a Taco Bell supper (I was hungry for protein-Double Layer Nacho combo), and a quick visit to Fabricland to buy a $5.99 pattern from the sales bin and use my 10% off coupon. Did not have enough cash to get the desired Burda Pattern for 50% off so I made do with the next best thing-bought a pattern I had enough $ for.

I will not be able to go back to the fabric store today to do another round of pattern shopping but I will see if I can tweak the dress pattern to resemble two other dresses seen on printed pages. That is my holiday Monday plan without Internet (sibling does not want me using the Youtube app on the DVD player anymore) access.

All the holiday weekend deals and offers seem designed to lure people to stampede into their outdoor furniture or garden centres! Bet there are crowds now that the wedding is over on the tv.

Monday hours-most stores are closed but certain store locations (in tourist areas and cottage country) will be open for reduced hours. Don't be caught short on bathroom tissue, bbq items or supplies for visitors (beverages).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Shwa Girl I read that you went to vote! I'm still trying to find information about the candidates from the not top three political parties in my riding. Eight candidates are running to be MPP and I have yet to look up public school trustee candidates for the area as well.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I had finally got rib on coupons I did not want to go to waste in a trade(cat food coupons) for Something I wanted and a cat will be happy and i am happy =win win !!!
    You are certainly having success with cat food coupons -give your cat a generous big hug too today!
    I do wish I was in your area--love reading about the ice cream treats you have enjoyed recently!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I still have 6 more cat food coupons to trade but the expiry date is for later so no stress.......I find couponning game is like selling my house 11 years ago...like the offers and the demands and how patient you are.People dont want close to expiry coupons so I am happy to had traded those coupons,
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, May 19th, 2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have a question concerning a coupon.Does Olymel and Flamingo is the same compagny....? I want to purchase flamingo souvlakis chicken on sale @5,88$ at maxi with my 5,00$ olymel coupon but I am not 100% sure I will not get refuted.On their site flamingo is a banner named ...so.....that mix me up..Any help?
    http://www.olymel.ca/en/chicken/

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!! I made 2 more ok trade,just ok not awesome.3more cheese coupons and 5 st-hubert peelies.I am annoying because I said to the girl I wanted 2 agropur 5$ cheese coupon for my 10 of sparking water and she offered me my others research of st-hubert peelies,not a drama but not cool.....I also made my grocery shopping list with the pm and coupons to use.It is crazy to compare by flyers price for the same product wow....Watched a funny show and I am off to bed soon,Have a good evening and night everyone!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

2 things in Facebook french couponning groups.I had no time to make my pictures and albums and people always ask for that.sorry I will organize my coupons for me first.

when people cannot stop asking in several sentences what coupons I have an writhe their none possible to have researchs.I hate that.
    this girl did not want to give me my first research I asked so I was annoying she asked for my others researchs when I clearly said I wanted cheese coupons.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Now I take a real break of couponning no way I am touching my personnals coupons again for doing trades.I did that 6 time and that is enought.I will take my energy to writhe to compagies.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did the No Frills shop with our son this evening. I spent $114.xx oop, $4.xx in coupons, $5 in app rebates, pm’d a few things, earned 25,400 in points. I’m pretty happy with some of the deals and staples that we picked up.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information