User Tag List

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I had a busy day -dug up a plant outside that was dead ,took one from the back and replanted ,weeded a few prickly weeds ,did 2 loads of laundry and hung to dry

-got 2 bags of dirt cheap at Canadian tire 1.30 each (they were 50% off as they had ripped and the cashier had a skid of marked down bags),its the pretty good earth stuff also

-supper was lasagna and just had lovely tea with my zuccini muffin
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    yes because I made 7 trades in french fb couponning groups to obtain those coupons...Otherwise I had 1 coupon from myself.sorry for the confusion
    I probably thought the same as @macw1960 that you spent $7 on sending the envelope to one person--but your explanation makes sense since most of the coupons came from others before you sent all of the coupons to the recipient.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good late afternoon everyone!!! I took a quick nap because I waked up again way to earlier this morning ,and after I got a visit from my aunt and we chatted
    I got 2 bigs cans of homemade maple syrup from my aunt and uncle who have a ''cabane a sucre''!!!
    Wow, that's a lovely gift from your relatives! So many ways to use the syrup!
    Angela273, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Noticing all of the burger offers in grocery flyers-burgers seems like the weekend food item if one is not planning on watching the Royal Wedding with English treats.

Today's Toronto Star had a 4-page guide for next week's Doors Open Toronto event. City Hall's rotunda will have a Canadian costume exhibit. https://www.toronto.ca/explore-enjoy...n-information/
    @SassyAshley -great price per lb on the Napa cabbage! I suggest you ask two neighbours to assist you in getting the bbq back and helping you with the tank and then you have them come over when you have burgers grilled. Incentive works.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner for me was a crazy concoction of leftovers that was very yummy. The rest of the house had burgers but I had a nail appointment after work. I refuse to feel guilty about my pretty nails.
    Currently doing laundry that will go on the line on Friday as I am working at home. At my moms again this weekend, so trying to get ahead. DH is good about line drying too. So he will finish whatever I don't.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Value Village has 40% off purses and accessories tomorrow! I have noticed that some donors give those cosmetic gift with purchase totes to VV and you know, they can be handy for warm weather fun, holding clothespins or corralling garden hand tools and gloves! I have a striped tote that was from Estee Lauder and it makes me think of warm weather (plus it can tote groceries or books). It could use a pocket but I won't mess with the interior.

I did a grocery shop yesterday morning prior to visiting the library and carrying heavy things with me to the library was a lesson learned in how not to overdo things. Last night, I did find 3-in-1 oil at Lowes (parts and accessories area by lawn tractors, not in the cleaning supplies aisle nor in weatherstipping supplies nor hardware) with the telescoping spout (I had read a back issue on junk drawers at cottages and I remembered how I was looking for this oil in stores without success but 2018 is shining brightly on oil finds). I've oiled a couple of doors today and will get to the others later (wet weather is coming for two days). Hung out laundry this morning to make the most of Ms. Sunshine's drying power (my shoes dried quickly as well) and I gave the garbage can and green cart a cleaning too. Will have to postpone the spring fridge vacuuming and pantry vacuuming until the weekend or Friday, if I'm not grasscutting.

Despite our bright mornings, I am asking myself is there anything FUN to do because chores are taking the zip out of me and even going to stores is getting BORING. There must be something to penning in planned fun into one's calendar or planner--even video watching on Youtube gets stale.
    @saundyl -I love the fabrics for your bags! So cheery and fun! The fabric shopping spree fulfilled a need--you'll have much joy using your new supplies.
    @SassyAshley -the early mornings need a fun evening or two of just Ashley doing something for herself. Maybe one night can be pamper night and one other night for crocheting or crafting? It might be really hard to fit all week's cooking into one night or weekend but I like that you have a super-long weekend in your calendar. Daytrip or nature bathing time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Wow !! Those bags are so beautiful and i love colors
    Thank you. I sent the blue one to my mom for mothers day and the other two now are homes for knitting projects.

Ceil... i used other fabric before i went on my spree. I did manage to make bf mad about it but we made up! I will be using my new colors this weekend though. Maybe even try the dog bed pattern i found.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I cheated on my none trading rule.I made 4 excellents trades but with people I had traded with before.So no hazzle.I will have to gopick up the metro flyer because the flyer have a good deal on iogo yogurt tub with the iogo-natrel oka coupon booklet = cheap 1$ per tub or less deal I cannot pass.Alright time for bed,have a wonderful rest of evening and night everyone!!!! Also saw shrimps with garlic half price at maxi with pc points I want to try.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Spent more than I planned at Dollarama. I keep trying to avoid the store but it's the closest for stationery items and I picked up dry shampoo for $2 Salon selective and $3 for the tinted blonde dry shampoo as well. These will come in handy on high humidity days. Used a coupon for cat treats at Pet Valu. Tomorrow I pick up my DVD A United Kingdom and will get a medium iced coffee for $1 at McDonald's.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

yes!!!
    TGIF finally!!!!
    Supposed to be 15 degres this afternoon!!!
    Wishing everyone an awesomede day!!!
    I will take a nap this afternoon,When you do not have trades offers or when people make you lose your time,or they want you to give her the coupons for Nothing because they are supposed to be new suck......
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

1 made 1 trade for 2 more 5,00$x2 cheese coupons!! I see 9 more coupons on the site but the demands of the people are crazy and I passed all my coupons,so my hand are empty
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, May 18th, 2018 at 10:31 AM.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This week, I finally closed my oldest bank account with an bricks and mortar institution. It's all online banking from now on! They tried to implement bank fees of $4.65 in the last month, because withdrawing all the money was going under the minimum amount threshold. I wasn't interested in paying such a silly fee (because how else would you close a bank account?) but I suppose I would have if it meant I could take my business elsewhere.

It's a bit dizzying to keep track of finances nowadays. It was simpler to just bank at one institution for everything back in the old days! Now I have a chequing account at one bank (current daycare requires monthly cheques) and savings are in another. Then the family RRSP and RESP are at a different bank, while my company pension is at a fourth bank. Phew!

Now I am looking into another Visa to replace my Amazon Visa since my mechanic does not accept MC. However, finding a no-fee Visa with decent rewards and good reviews is a bit difficult. The next car maintenance fee will be over $1000.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

DH bought a battery powered rototiller for the garden from Canadian Tire. They had to bring it in from Regina. It arrived yesterday, so Dh received the $20 CT card. He also scanned the CT card that I had him put onto his key chain. I think he plans on spend intbe $20 on an emergency air pump with an attachment to blow up balls.

It’s a cold, rainy, and windy day today. Inside day for the kids. I plan on baking and folding the load of laundry that I washed yesterday.

I’m planning a big shop at No Frills this weekend. They have a promotion to earn 15,000pts wub $100 worth. There is also an offer to earn 8,000pts wub $25 in Coke products. I also have my regular low value points offers. There are also a couple of things that I might price match.

Lunch: Pancake, scrambled eggs, and fruit.
    Supper: Jane’s chicken fingers, used to make wraps with fresh lettuce and sliced cucumber.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, May 18th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I cannot believe it...i got Nothing in the mail !!!!

And no mail monday du to the long week end...
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Stopped quicky at maxi (qc) to get those...will go for more tomorrow:
    -3x nature valley bars @1,88$ each(great price)
    -PC Rocky Road 6 per package ice cream bars @3,98$ each x3 minus 2000 pc points on each (flyer offer)=2,00$ each
    -PC raw grilled shrimps garlic and herbs x1 @10$ minus 5,000 pc points«(flyer offer)=5,00$ !!!
    Milk

Paid with my pc points and earned 11 000 pc points oop 0 ...I love free !!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I have amazing news which may not mean anything to some but I got my large project done yesterday with an hour to spare. I had to leave at 2:30 for a doctor appointment (no big deal just my 3 month visit for my shot) and at 1:30 I sent the project to the printer. This project is now at the printer and my other project is ready to be picked up from the printer.

I was up early today, after forcing myself back to sleep twice I was still up at 20 to 7. I never got around to washing the items I wanted to sell so to make a full load I mixed that with some winter sweaters that needed to be washed. They are hanging to dry in the basement as I refuse to run the dryer for items I plan to sell.

I have also cleaned the bathroom and did about half of the dishes. I have also posted about 20 items for sale. I have people interested in a number of items but they do not seem to want to confirm pick up.

I have also emptied the catch all bin from my room, most items will be posted for sale. I figure if they have been living in this bin for about 3 months I do not need them with the exception of 1 item I need to mend.

Going to see if Mom will help me clean up the upstairs hallway so I can do the upstairs floors tomorrow. Also still need to clean the bathroom closest and thinking of doing the linen closest as well, pretty sure there is a lot we can get rid of.

Well going to have a cup of tea now and decide on what I should make for dinner. Have a wonderful day everyone
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information