User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I spent 134.21$ at no frills and got 4,000pts. I was looking for those chocolate bars by Reece/oh Henry the only thing they had was twizzlers/Hersey/cookies and cream. So I got 2 boxes of that $5 each with 50 in there. I like stocking up on Halloween chocolate when I can find a good deal. But was disappointed that there wasn’t any of the ones I was looking for. The store was dead today, yesterday when I walked past the store was nuts. I guess everyone had the idea of going to the store right when they got paid. Funny eh?

I guess I will have to go downstairs and check the mail to see what there is if anything.

One item has shipped already from the orders I made from Amazon.ca.

I want to buy myself some soda steam syrup I guess I got to go to Walmart for that usually it is 2 for 12$. Or walk across town to London drugs. I am waiting for my phone to charge to go buzz some one downstairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We dug the last of the carrots and potatoes yesterday. I have lots of swiss chard left. I plan on harvesting all of it today. I’m fiving some to a couple of single moms. The rest I need to wash, cook, and freeze...which is a lot of work. I’m the only one who likes it. Tonight’s forecast is -4. The forecast for the next week is in the negatives each night. I need to ask my daycare parents to pack warmer clothes for their children.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Sep 27th, 2018 at 02:49 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -may pop over to sobeys and get the large family box of cereal on for 3.99
    -my daughter doesn't have to buy Sebastian a winter coat -as I went thru the items her sister-in-law gave her (I am storing them in a spare room)her son is 6 but found the size 3 winter gap coat -saves them a bit of money

had son/family come over before ashlyn's basketball at 6.00 p.m so I had them for supper lasagna and pasta my son brought fresh bread -he took home some leftover lasagna for work -nice visit as I haven't seen them in a week

off to Toronto on sat -so daughter and her hubby can go out for an activity then supper ,will order a pizza for Sebastian and hubby and I
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well today I am going to the bank to close an account I opened in the summer for a $300 sign up bonus-paid about $15 in bank fees but still made $285 tax free for my travel fund! I recently applied to be a substitute teaching assistant at the same school my DH works at-just a short walk away. They want me to come and meet them on Monday and said they have some more regular positions available if I am interested-will have to see as I have a couple of trips coming up and certainly don't want to be FT. I work more to keep a little busy now that DD is away at school-but I still like to have the flexibility to travel and just a little pocket money is fine for me. We will see where this goes.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been keeping an eye out for tires for dh’s truck because his need to be replaced. We purchased excellent used tires from one person earlier this week. We bought rims from another person during the summer. Now Dh had made arrangements to buy brand new winter tires from Karl-Tire at a very reduced rate due to someone cancelling their order. We will have 2 great sets of tires for dh’s truck for less than the price of one set of new tires. We will be good to go for a long time.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Went to no frills today and bought 58.57$ in food and cleaning products gained 4,000 pts: 1,600 pts on garbage bags and 2,400 pts on burritos. I was looking for 24x case of Pepsi and they didn’t have it at all even though it was in their flyer I was rather pissed off. They had a case of 15x for 4.47$ but the 24x for $6.88. I am no longer impressed by what they carry and either they have it in stock or they don’t I don’t want to go to Walmart to buy groceries that’s further but I may have to by what I keep seeing is a lack their of.

I just got an email stating that they sent out the GST checks out early. I don’t get a check I get direct deposit. *whines*

It’s really hot outside and my AC is going it goes from 69-70F for the last 1hour it’s set @ 65F.

I got a package from this place I was expecting it to come on Monday but it came today.

I keep loosing buttons to my favourite camo pants I need to sew most of it back together the pocket ripped and it’s held together by safety pins. The fly is all buttons good thing I am wearing a belt with it two buttons are holding it together.

I took out my garbage it started to stink in my place nasty I tell ya.

Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

didn't leave the house today

painted the black hinges and other metal items on our gate and shed with tremclad today
    hung a load out and it dried nice

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I think my line drying days are over, the long range forecast does not look promising until late next week and we will be gone. Older son made dinner tonight so it was nice to come home and not have to cook. He is currently doing a food coop in a local restaurant and is enjoying it. But food has always been his passion.
    Does anyone need the Bariilla 75 cents off any pasta. The Sobeys fresh by my office had at least three tear pads and I don't need the, but could not resist cheap pasta eben if not for me
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo so nice of you to offer barilla cpns -I p.m you thanks

up early I wish I could sleep in but up at 6.am this morning I go to bed at 10-10.30-i guess I have always been an early riser

just got thru crying a little -I watched a show`style by jury`where they make over women of course this show was filmed in 2007 and the women we dressed in the 80,s well the woman`s dad was in the jury then he went on stage and said to her~you are my sweetheart ,the apple of my eye and I love you~ so proud
    then I started to shed a tear ( a small gentle tear) as my dad passed away when I was 15 so he never got to see me be a woman or get married ,or see my children let alone my grandchildren sometimes even thou it has been many years it still hurts

going to Toronto today for noon as my daughter `her hubby have an appt and a date -so we will take Sebastian for a walk and buy a pizza nova (pizza ) for supper I have never had this pizza but I heard its pretty good ,just opened across the street from my daughter`s condo

yes lilo I feel the line drying days may be over -I line dried yesterday and they dried nice but then again it was a bit breezy and warm ,great that your son loves cooking my nefew got into cooking and went to George brown culinary school in Toronto and now he a sous chef at 26
    lilo have a nice trip with your family also
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Sep 29th, 2018 at 07:23 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am a professional cook with journeyman certified for level 3. I just would need technically 2 more years for the red seal certification or 2,000 hours signed off.

Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to shoppers spent 46.35$ I redeemed 10,000pts. Because I didn’t have enough for 56.35$. I maybe should have put back the magazine I saw but I didn’t oh well I obtained 8,115pts in the process. I had a 7,500pts offer for spend $30 or more on almost anything in store. I also had 615 regular pts.

Someone said they would take in my bottles because they were going to the depot as well. Well I counted and labelled all the bags and put them in garbage bags easy for transport. They came back with 15.75$...i was way off with how much I thought it was going to be but pleasantly surprised. Because I wasn’t holding my breath on how long they were going to take because last time it took them 3 days before they went to the bottle depot across town.

I am tired... I didn’t do my laundry yet again. I guess I will wait until tomorrow. It’s 4:14pm... I thought 12:30pm was dinner time. It’s nasty outside all cloudy and windy probably raining it was earlier a bit there.

Today is a sad memory my dad died on this day 3 years ago from cancer that spread through out his body.

Last edited by greentires4me; Sat, Sep 29th, 2018 at 07:41 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@ lilo0003: I pmed you thank you
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Sep 29th, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I can't believe it's still available but the FPC for bran buds is still there.
    https://www.save.ca/coupons/all-bran...uds/free/14051
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes i just orderd the bran buds now

wow a busy day yesterday -got to Toronto at noon left a 8.p.m -we watched Sebastian for my daughter /hubby we alked for an hour in the afternoon watched a jazz singer sign in the street in leslieville in front of a diner ,just took in the east end of Toronto,my son-in-law treated us to "nova pizza" such a good pizza as I have never had it before

my son-in-law loved his birthday gift I bought him -gave him money ,socks (3 pairs 5.00 clearance from winners ) and the indigo Ontario mug with the Toronto c.n tower on the mug along with up north picture on the mug 4.00 on clearance at indigo

got home at 9.00 and went to bed was a bit tired
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday we took our family out for some free entertainment. It was the 25th anniversary for Showcase, so it was free to enter. Our son received a free mini-tool kit full of tools, a cloth bag, and candies. Twin boy collected various candies and a magnet. Twin girl received various candies. They all received helium balloons. I got earbuds and some chocolates. We bought two 1/2 slices of fudge. We also went to a free multi-cultural event. We sampled some different foods, but missed the entertainment. We needed to head home for lunch and afternoon nap.

I now have a surplus of pickled beets. I haven’t quite decided what to do with them. One jar is open in the fridge. I’m the only one who eats them. I might give some away at Christmas.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information