User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Starting the September thread before the Labour Day long weekend. Are you planning on attending any summer or fall fairs in September?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks for starting the new frugal chatter thread.

Our son is starting Grade 1 next week, a new thing for myself as a parent. He’ll be at school roughly 35hrs/wk. It was a transition last year for him to be gone to full day kindergarten 2 or 3 days a week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow angela maybe its different out west -your son only went 2 or 3 days a week in kindergarden ,here Ashlyn starts kindergarden on sept 5 and she will go all 5 days a week from 9.00 a.m til around 3.00 p.m

supper tonight pasta/frozen pizza for us

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Good morning!

There is no agenda today at least that’s what I am trying to have that could always change though.

I am going to ask for another contract copy from my landlord. In the place I put it wasn’t there I am freaking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms Sunshine took her time to show up (it's hot and humid now) after 10am or so today. Her appearance meant laundry is drying faster. A gray sky and little wind was not doing much for drying outside and I had two lines of laundry set up.

My new shoes arrived yesterday while I was out at the movies (mini-rant coming up) with Mom. Wore shoes while grasscutting and my skeletal system is overjoyed at the difference in traction and comfort!

Mini-rant-I relied on the View magazine theatre listings for showtimes-there was no indication that the movie had changed cinemas for a special format until I tried to buy our tickets and each one was $3 more than the regular prices for adults and seniors. Reason-cinema moved the movie into an Ultra AVX theatre, hence the price. I'd advise anyone going to the movies this weekend to check newspapers, cinema website or call ahead so you don't find a price surprise. Since it was the only theatre showing the movie, I had to pay to ensure we had our film outing. I donated $2 to the two McMaster University students collecting for the annual Shinerama cause outside the theatre-they were wearing jumpsuits usually worn by Engineering but one of the students was in Health Sciences.

When I was in Burlington on Thursday, I saw Walmart flyers on the ground mentioning the grand re-opening on that day. What did the Fairview store do to merit the celebration? I did not venture into the store as I stayed on the other side to visit Value Village, Emile Factory Shoe and Burlington Centre.

Managed to find a Pepsi Stuff cap code on Thursday. Also found a 1 franc coin (same size and colour like Cdn quarter) in my roll of quarters when I was counting them yesterday for the trip before leaving home-will pass the coin on to someone who can do something with it, as otherwise the item would hit the blue box for recycling.

I have compiled a list of specials in the flyers and wish to get refreshments and one newspaper to get the family through the long weekend. Think at least one fruit will also be purchased. I'll be Internet-less for two days. Counting down the days until the library system returns to Sunday openings in 8 days' time!

Senior's Day at the Bay is on next Tuesday. We did not get the Bay flyer so I will check to see if Home Outfitter's also might have a sale day on Tuesday.

The cake I purchased on Wednesday is down to 4 slices. Mom managed to cut about 14 slices and I seem to be the main person eating cake. She found it edible but she's not keen on really sweet things-just a little sweetness suits her.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh the heat again -I am doing 2 loads today one is hanging now and blowing in the breeze

went to shoppers for 20 times the points spent 52 before tax and got 21,310 points
    had a lot of personal offers used a few good ones were
    (2)-calgon bubble bath 4.49 plus personaloffer of 200 points for every 1.00 1,800=7.18 or 3.59 each as they were on sale
    (2)smart food popcorn 2/5.00-2.00 cpn when you buy 2 =3.00plus 600 points=1.20 each
    (2) p.c granola bars 2/3.00 plus 400 points=1.30 each
    (1) soft-soap foam star wars image on it 1.69 -putting away for xmas as my daughter-in-law loves the foam soap
    (6) individual royale Kleenex .79 plus 800 points =3.94 for 6 boxes
    (1) gain fireworks 3.99-2.00 cpn-2.00 checkout51=free

supper burgers ,the last 2 corn and French fries
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, I found the Home Outfitters flyer online and it will also have a Senior's Day on Tuesday Sept 4!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I also managed to pull off the 50 times event too. I don't often try so I was excited by my shop and I submitted 6.00 to checkout 51 for the Dove deodorant. That is the 1st time I have submitted a receipt since June.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    wow angela maybe its different out west -your son only went 2 or 3 days a week in kindergarden ,here Ashlyn starts kindergarden on sept 5 and she will go all 5 days a week from 9.00 a.m til around 3.00 p.m

supper tonight pasta/frozen pizza for us
    Where I live Pre-K depends on the program, for 3 and 4 year olds. Most schools have morning Pre-K from about 8:45-11:30am Monday-Thursday, or the afternoon equivalent. Kindergaren is on a 6 day cycle. Your child is either in Kindergarten on the even or odd days, which works out to be 2 or 3 days a week from 8:45am-3:15pm. Starting in Grade 1 they go to school Monday-Friday from 8:45am-3:15pm. Our son is turning 6 years old next weekend.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

In Ontario starting in JK - Junior Kindergarten (children who will be 4 by Dec 31) go full days everyday. My cousin's little girl is 3 but will turn 4 before December 31st so will be start JK I believe next week (they usually start a week later then everyone else).

But I also believe JK is optional, parents can decide to wait for SK (Senior Kindergarten) to send their kids.

This is newish. When I was in school we only had Kindergarten and we went half a day everyday which is what my bro and cousins did as well. But they went to Catholic School which offered JK & SK but both were half a day every day. It was JK in the morning SK in the afternoon, since they are a year apart one went in the morning one went in the afternoon.

Then when the Half sibs started school they had JK & SK but it was full day every other day (so either Mon, Wed every other Friday or Tues, Thurs every other Friday)

I believe the change to all day every day Kindergarten was to help with the daycare shortage and to help with the cost of daycare as kids would now be in school full time at an earlier age.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Sep 1st, 2018 at 06:42 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.
    I am personally not a fan of all day Kindergarten. the class sizes do not have a cap. there fore there are often 35 - 40 kids per 1 teacher and 1 EA. at least at my local small town school.

ok. dropped off my child to collage. cried. .. cried alot... cried some more.... still not done. ....
    took them grocery shopping as no meal plan. cried in the store... as they made really great food choices.

also ...my dads cancer is back ... for the 7th... 8th time. this time it is a tad agressive. he is in the hospital.. has been for a week and a half.. will be for at least another 2.....

September is going to be interesting
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Pre-school is completely optional. There certainly aren’t enough spots for all children to attend. Estevan has 6 schools from Kindergarten to Grade 8. Only a total of four Pre-K classes between the schools. Each of these classes is capped at 16 children. There are private Pre-K classes that you can pay for two 1/2 days a week. One of the reasons why Kindergarten is all day every other day is because many children are busses to school, rural kids.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Giseledta You have our prayers and support during this difficult time.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold $16 in stuff today.

I might post before and after pictures of our deck. I scraped it twice, Dh pressure washed it, Dh is working on applying the coloured paint to match our house, etc. The deck was built and stained with oil based stain the year before we bought the property. Since oil based products are now banned in Canada, we have trouble with it peeling right away because the new products cannot bind properly to the deck. It also would have helped if the previous owners chose different materials when constructing the large deck. I took the kids to the park while Dh put the first coat on the deck floor boards.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Sep 1st, 2018 at 10:38 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Thank you Angela.

today... quick tidy ( my house needs 3 days of love!... ) grab a pad of paper.. pick up my mom... she does not drive... so we are taking her to and from the hospital .. daily.
    Sit with my dad.. whilemy mom does Mass there. then she will be back .
    I will stay for a few hours... then go shop... groceries... head home.. clean for a bit... pick up my mom...
    home .. supper... put away laundry..
    hopefully sleep through the night..... hopefully.....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information