User Tag List

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy tuesday all.

hoping for a wlk in the park again. it was so nice to do yesterday. today is my easier day . so we will do 2 crafts, and i will craft prep for tomorrow. i am hoping this works. MWF i have my more intense child.. and she is go go go .

last night , i took out my lush products and pampered myself a bit. i must do this more often. my skin feels so nice.

on sb, today is national cookie day. a 4 search i guess will have a bonus of 5 on it
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Garbage/recycling out and a roast beef in the slow cooker. Pulled pork was the plan but I'm not finding any in the freezer so maybe I used them up. At least we will have a good dinner tonight. Will save a thick slice of roast to make DS a sandwich on a fresh bun for his school lunch tomorrow.

Tonight- Hit SDM on my way home and do a redemption. May as well take advantage of this points back promo and hopefully get a few Christmas gifts for Grandma and stock up the fridge a bit since my attempt at grocery shopping the other day failed! I need to clean up the kitchen and put laundry on to keep up on it.

Have a great day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy with the upcoming sale flyers on fresh stuff. I can make it with what I have till Thursday for sure. .88lb for fresh green beans and cucs for under $1 this time of year yippee!!!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well up at 2.30 to go to washroom ,then back down til 4.00 a.m -not fun

Decided to hit the mall at 9.00 a.m to return my bay items -49.26 back on my credit card ,then left the mall went to value village
    (2) puzzles 1.99 each (1) xmas tea towel new but donated 2.49 had cpn spent 5.00 save 2.00=$5.05

then found a short sleeve alia top 6.99-30% full donated card =4.89 and a sears Jessica winter brand new (tag still on it from sears)8.99-30%=6.29 plus a paraben free Jason hand and body lotion 2.99-30%=2.09

then on to a local store zarky's for a bit of buns ,luncheon meat and fruit

Oh and I am finished xmas shopping(yeah) ,just sent hubby out for 2 LCBO gift cards for son/son-in-law
    My dear hubby hates buying them as we both don't drink much and he feels these promote drinking -lol
    my daughter has dinner parties the odd time(she needs to have the odd bottle of wine) and my son likes the odd bottle of rum,whisky etc

Mostly all shopping was done online also ,just a bit instore back in aug/sept -as I hate the malls this time of year
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Dec 4th, 2018 at 01:13 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day!!!

I went to SDM to redeem for that promo and really had a hard time. I ended up redeeming 60,000 pts (so will get back 24,000) Used $3 in coupons (on Armstrong cheese) and paid .90 with a gift card.
    Got a Oil of Olay gift back in bag for Grandma. Lots of pasta (.89 reg $1.99) chips $1 each x 6 Helluva good dip x 2 $1.99 4 x Armstrong cheese, box of meatballs and something else I can't think of. Happy to have a gift and some food stock up.

I bought a large Greek salad at RCSS for $12 plus tax. I just really wanted salad with dinner (roastbeef) instead of a starch. As soon as I opened it I put some in a large container for my work lunch today. We had with dinner last night and lots for tonight still left. Happy with my purchase. My body thanks me

The kitchen is half cleaned. Ended up doing other things so that is my job as soon as I walk in the door. Then the fridge needs a good clean out while I am putting dinner together (leftover roast beef etc) And laundry. Didn't do any last night.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i will not be doing the bonus redemption get points back at shoppers. i have enough points, there is just nothing i really want.

i am trying to figure out a gift for dh. i may have a idea. but its a expensive one. .. so basiclly i am still looking. he is tough to buy for .
    i still have time.
    i am not feeling a lot of Holiday feeling this year. i am sure i will get there. just not there yet. its early still .

nearly all the holiday decorations are out.

my mom wants to go to costco this weekend. i would rather wait personally... maybe another week. .. but i suspect she needs cat food. lol. and it will be nice to see some holiday items. costco has nice ones.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a rough start to my day. Twin boy got up super early. One of my daycare parents was texting me an hour before my daycare even opens for the day. I took the kids to the Family Centre and now I’m volunteering to open the centre tomorrow morning. They have a staff of 2 full-time people, summer students, and volunteers.

Tonight I plan on going to the library to make cat toys for our two cats for Christmas. Then I’ll try to do a couple errands before I head to a SCC meeting at DS’ school.

I have things planned for Thursday and Saturday evening this week. Dh will be home with the kids tonight and again on Saturday night.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Dec 5th, 2018 at 02:11 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -returned an item to carters -8.82 as my daughter-in-law said she has a new baby girl outfit so I can give to neighbour's grandchild along with a book( 2.00 indigo in summer )and a handmade sweater my dear mom had made in pink

went to Walmart to get the gravies ,but they are sold out on caddle and checkout51 so may return and cashier rang up my downey as reg price 4.97 (I was p.m to 3.00) so not happy I have to go back one day soon -ahhh the joys of xmas shopping and grocery shopping

just made hubby a milkshake with my 3.33 chapmans ice cream-1.00 cpn=2.33

giselta-i am not in the spirit much this year so I decided to put a small table top tree in my family room -as my grown kids /grandkids are not coming here this xmas (bonus is I don't have to spend money on a turkey),we are celebrating xmas on boxing day at my daughter's condo will be a little tight but I will bring my card table to Toronto next week

I feel I am not in the spirit as I am getting use to babysitting and my sleep is off -Friday we have both girls Ashlyn has a P.A day ,so I asked hubby if he would stay and help me as most likely Ashlyn may want to play outside for a bit

already started shopping for the next holiday -easter found a cute tank top for Ashlyn today at Walmart 2.00 cant beat that price

supper will be light -maybe scrambled eggs and toast -as we just had a yummy shake

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well just received the text about a family destination wedding next Fall Jamaica! Yippee a trip to look forward to and I don't have to plan it.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Dec 5th, 2018 at 04:17 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Well just received the text about a family destination wedding next Fall Jamaica! Yippee a trip to look forward to and I don't have to plan it.
    So one sunny trip on the calendar for 2019 unless you manage to get another trip during Christmas/New Year's break! You may wish to have that Off device to keep any pesky insects away. Someone I knew who went to a fall Jamaican wedding (there was rain during reception) was about the only guest with Off supplies and that clip-on device. She was very popular with other guests fleeing from the insects.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Three Glamour magazine vegan side dishes are posted in the Gluten-free foods thread.
    The pretzel wreaths recipe is in the Cakes/Cookies/Candies thread (finally!)
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Dec 5th, 2018 at 05:28 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village Club Members can save 40% off party dresses, shoes and accessories (not including red tag merchandise or jewellery) on Dec. 7-8.

Noticed that in the new Len's Mill flyer, the Ibex flannelette sheets are $8.99! That's $4 less than what I paid last month but the Hamilton store only carries full size/double width ones. If you see larger (i.e. queen size) ones, tell me at which store!

Finished writing/mailing the last two Xmas cards and have called it done for the year. Will keep eyes open for a deal on greeting cards to use for next year.

Have SCers been using the online shopping/pick up in store feature at grocery stores this month? Ancaster store is still not listed in the Grocery Gateway location list when I get the GG e-mails yet Longo's e-mails me that the local store does have the service.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

bright and early good morning all.
    we have a light dusting of snow. i have 2 kids who will be arriving late this am . .. so i am either going to go to the lumber store to order out wood.. or power clean the playroom. both are needed. if posible both will get done.. but i am not expecting that to happen. i tend not to move that fast. and i suspect my sinus infection is back ... ugh.

i have a parcel i may need to track down. i am really hoping they delivered it.. but i am thinking its MIA. and it is a gift for my middle child. i will be peeved if i need to reorder it elsewhere. i am really hoping it comes in on time.
    ok first child here. have fun all.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Snowy day here today! We are under a warning and expect up to 15cm snow. Busy day at work for me today so good thing I brought my lunch. Probably just work through my lunch so I can leave early.

Did 3 loads of laundry last night. Will finish putting away tonight as soon as I get home. Off to check out my Pc point offers!
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS's Science teacher is collecting new items for teens for Christmas (HBA products etc) I sent him in with a bunch of Axe and Men Dove products DS was happy with his contribution I love that she is doing this!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information