User Tag List

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got in at 8.00 my friend bought me a tea at tim hortons but I didn't tell her hubby wasn't working as she is too judgemental ,it was a nice visit thou she gave me a gift bag with an item I will regift as the socks are a size 6-9 and they don't fit -I will enjoy the after eights dinner mints

I gave her a bag with a febreeze candle I paid 3.29 last year and an ombra sampler bag 2.99

She also thanked me for the boys clothing for her daughter's son who is 1 in feb

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all
    1 load of laundry done and folded... another is waiting for me in the dryer.
    garbage and recyeling is out. they will be around shortly.

i think my weekend crud is settling into a nice ear infection. on pain meds.
    today we are making gingerbread houses withthe dc kids.. tomorrow we decorate them . i find they need a day to firm up.
    and we are working on parents gifts

i keep thinking ahead to the new year and all the things i am hoping to get done.
    its going to be a busy year.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning

last night felt I was coming down with something so rubbed myself up with vicks and yes have a cold -must be from wiping my dear granddaughter`s noses on Friday and then seeing them sat night-ahh the joys of sickness this time of year
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! My last day of work for the week! Tomorrow is our Christmas lunch in the city and I am staying to go to see a band in the evening so took Friday off as a vacation day.

Kitchen was clean when I left this morning. The dishwasher will be run tonight after 7pm. Will keep on the laundry. DS is cleaning the living room when he gets home from school.

The porkroast is in the fridge (nobody ate it last night) so that is tonights dinner. Will whip up some sides to go with it.

Have a frugal day everyone
    Natalka, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yippee. The PC frozen veggies are on for $1.97 at NoFrills ($1.98 RCSS) We love the green beans. Totally stocking us up. We will survive the winter and eat well with our freezer packed the way it is. Not scared of winter prices now because of that.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    So I got talked into making mashed potatoes for 60 was the estimate it’s probably more like 75 ppl. I was vol-told I thought to myself something like this was going to happen. Now I gotta figure out how much I actually need to buy then how much butter, milk or cream cheese and they want garlic so how many gloves to roast. I now thought to myself it be easier if we were in a industrial kitchen to store all this food after it was all cooked and such. It’s do able of course I just need to be there because I a was volun-told.

I walked home from the pharmacy in trenchal rain under a small umbrella my mom lent me. There is flooding everywhere I saw it pour off this building then running out of the back door of this deli. Cutting down a side road thinking I was safe from the cars and trucks on the main road.

In the mail i received my Nescafé sampler.

Now to find this friend who volun-told me to give them sh.t for volunteering me without me being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Volun-tell staff who spoke for you without clearing it first for you. Let that person learn a lesson about integrity.
    Natalka, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ca
    Last edited by Giseledta; Wed, Dec 12th, 2018 at 06:30 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

cashed in 50.00 of airmiles.
    6 pkgs of leadbetters bacon , 3 breaton crackers. 1 other cracker. 6 plgs of cheese scalloped potatoes, 1 can peas, 2 pkgs of 2 chicken stuffed with ham and swiss. total cost... 7.20
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I have a migraine...I took migraine medication for it since I have them chronic.

I tried going out to see if it would ease up in the cold air...I went to big box for there 12pk of peach Fanta bottles for 99 cents. I bought 4 cases(12pks) of the the Fanta for 3.96+2.40 deposit+1.44 eco fee,2 bags of uncle rays potato chips @3.60$, 2x 10 LED light set AAA powered @2.36 and a plastic bag for five cents =14.45 after taxes. I got 7 loyalty points.

I had lunch sorta felt sick didn’t want to eat it all but did anyway. Went back to bed for a short couple mins i thought it was several hours when I woke up.

The newspaper gets delivered today with no frills flyer that starts here on a Friday. I wanna see what they have on sale.

For that potato thing clarification it was my friend/neighbor who vol-told me...that’s what I woke up to was their not so funny joke. I am sure she will soon find out that is expensive to do potatoes for 60-75 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a pretty good shop at No Frills. This was my best deal of the night.
    6x $1.88 yogurt tubes + $2 coup wub3 + 2,000pts in personal offer
    3x $3.48 juice (Free with 2 yogurt tubes coupons) + 350pts each in store offer (which more than covers enviro and deposit)
    = $5.13 oop after coupons and points value

$37.97 oop, $24.50 in coupons, 5,250pts earned.

Remember to carry over your favourite PC Optimum offers tonight.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Dec 12th, 2018 at 11:17 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

oy. today is gong to be long. but at least we have sun!!!

ok. lots of dc stuff going on. so that will be fun.
    after work i am helping making the hamper baskets for the angel tree. such a joy to be able to do it.

am... caddle videos done. moved ctc money to where it needs to go .
    got half the holiday cards mailed yesterday. will try to finish off today.
    talked to my brother yesterday. we are very different people. very different.
    hugs to all.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Giseledta I checked twice this morning and I currently do not have any videos or surveys, which is somewhat odd.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had one .05 cent survey on caddle this morning

Had a lovely late lunch at 1.30 at swiss chalet yesterday with my 2 friends -old co-workers my dear friends paid for the lunch as a treat for us -I gave them 2 surprise presents spent like 6.00 on each -I love to give

My throat was a bit sore in the night so got up and took an oil of oregano capsule /water -hubby doesn't want to go to shoppers for seniors day as he said I may screw up ,so I may venture out later for milk and cold capsules

just paid 2 bills the one hasn't come in the mail yet ,so good thing I am on top of them as one is due dec 20
    gonna go have my warm potatoe soup for lunch

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night’s load of laundry was folded and put away before my daycare kids arrived. Our children helped, as usual. Ds folds his own clothes and sometimes folds the twins’ socks. Twin girl likes to fold face cloths. Twin boy isn’t interested in folding yet. All the kids help out things away.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, @giese ledta there is sunshine today! Will take whatever beams are out because we need it.
    @greentires4me -thanks for the clarification. Still want you to put the responsibility on whoever does things like that in your name not to repeat that mistake--it's grounds for ending relationship. I've learned it both ways-on receiving end and on giving names end and getting earfuls of outrage in return (yet some offended parties practiced hypocrisy, still putting my name up for things-no longer friends with them).

OK--last night I attended a memorial service (good for tears, laughter, thoughtful reflection, reconnecting with other former neighbours) for someone that used to live in our neighbourhood and the event makes up for the absence of a Blue Christmas event by the local funeral home this season (have not seen any notices and we are about three weeks behind last year's notices). (By the way, Bereaved Families of Ontario is having their Blue Christmas event tonight in Burlington at Bay Gardens-Dec. 10 was cutoff date for light registrations) but the event itself can still be supportive to any local person needing grief support to remember someone who died this year.)
    One of the service speakers mentioned that in weakness, he will be willing to ask for help when he is struggling. Those words stayed with me, as the deceased had his own health struggle and I know from my own past struggles how it can be hard to reveal when help is needed yet still wanting to keep the struggle private. Earlier this week, I posted how I will get the health cavalry involved-I called one number today, but still have to go through another channel first to get Dad into the assessment system. Yes, I have concerns about how this will go over with the other two family members but the date for winter is approaching and I wasted last month waiting to see if Mom would make contact (I asked her at least twice). The winter date is key for me as in September, I told myself Dad has to be in some kind of care by winter or get in-home support. He's having a hard time getting up from a prone sofa position to a seated position and that added another reason to call today.

This weekend, I feel like shopping might be on the agenda. I'd like to preview what is at Talize for pants & coats & purses on Sunday to see if a visit on Monday's sale day is warranted. So far, I've not had to shop for groceries but Mom does have a baking need for me to fill for her. Will check coupons for Dec. expiries to see what I can realistically use or what I can leave on store shelves for the next shopper. I have been participating in online Advent calendar contests to see if some prize will come out of the experiences. Vision boards are still in progress; will need to be more mindful of foods I eat when hangry or waiting for pasta to be cooked (noticing if I don't eat within 10min of deciding to eat, anything is up for inhalation as I cannot wait longer).
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information