User Tag List

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Rainy day here today but they said it is suppose to clear up later today.

I am having a fun night out with my sister tonight Will be dragging my butt tomorrow but that is life and it will be the weekend so no sense wasting a vacation day to sleep lol

Dinner last night was a hit and was enough for the oldest to eat when he was home from work and was able to make youngest DS 2 chicken wraps for his lunch today. I have nothing planned for dinner tonight so thinking it will be toasted Westerns again Will slice up the cucumber that is in the fridge to go with it and DS can make a smoothie after. (He has made one everynight this week so the frozen yogurt in freezer is getting used up.) I will be buying more frozen fruit for sure since it is a hit!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, May 23rd, 2019 at 02:44 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I so need to put up my blackout curtain currently it’s 6:41am and it looks like this..
    Ugh!!!

I want to sleep but it’s so bright in my place that’s impossible.

The plan for today is waiting till Friday they have a $2 sale at no frills here. I’m going to have to buy something easy to make for these upcoming months I have to change my style of cooking I guess which I hope means no turning on the oven. I really want an instapot, they seem to do everything making your meal tender and everything. I did trades last night with multiple people I ran into some people as I was knocking on someone’s door I gave up after they didn’t answer the knock.

I got “ a field guide to a marijuana” so i gave it to someone who really likes smoking it. They really wanted it I should of said $10. But I forgot and decided to pay it forward instead. In it, it said a gram street term is a “sock” haha!

I so needed to get a bigger bucket then what I have. Damn you people that made a run off. My mom keeps Telling me that it doesn’t give off a lot of water or that it has a system where it self regulates the water. I turned my AC back on its stifling in here already. I can only imagine what it’s like outside.

Haha you got a glimpse from me laying on my queen bed lol. I love my comforter but I need to lay here with a sheet on. I think I burnt my face it freaking hurts. Do u know what i forgot is potatoes.

Downstairs they want me to turn in a resume for cooking breakfast and serving it. I don’t want to cook the fing breakfast 4 days a week 2hrs at a time for 12.75$/hr I mean it’s good money but I don’t like being tied down to things like that. We get the most disgusting breakfast on earth and they want me to cook it how wrong. That would mean I would have to start now and wait for hell to freeZe over. I like sleeping in if the sun gets up super early I want to be able to sleep some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The weather here in Ontario is so depressing, it is cold and rainy and really we have not had much warmth. I still have not used my clothes line. I can only use it on weekends and days I work at home and its pretty much rained non stop.
    We are getting the insulation replaced in the kids rooms, these are the only walls that we have not redone so I think I will take a vacation day next week and do the painting myself. Both rooms have been done in the last 2 years so its just a repaint if the new walls and it will be easy & far cheaper to do it myself.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We decided not to go today as it was dreary and raining til 12.30 p.m ,so on Friday we will go after I get my haircut I will get home at 11.00 a.m

I went to shoppers today seniors day -I haven't been in a few weeks I spent 72 and got 20,701 points

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It is humid here now. I have a bit of a headache. Thought I would feel better after eating but not yet. More water I will try.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I am trying very hard not to get overwhelmed but let me tell you it is getting hard as people keep trying to slip "just one more" thing before my surgery. As well I had a week to get everything done but now someone needs 2 days off which means I have to cover them, normally I do not mind but it is really messing up my schedule for getting everything done.

I did stop after work and grabbed a few groceries as I am starting to worry I will not find time next week to shop. As my schedule fills up I am worried I will run out of time. I got:
    Mushrooms + 100 pts/$
    Mangoes 3/$2
    Bread for both me and Mom $2 + 200 pts/$
    Bananas
    Strawberries $2 +100 pts/$
    Asparagus $2/lb
    Apple Juice $1

The apple juice is for before surgery my surgery packet says to drink 3 cups the night before surgery and 1 1/2 4 hours prior to surgery. Everyone else I spoke to who has had this surgery was not told to drink apple juice, but it is in my package so I will drink it.

As for mental health I do have to agree it is a huge challenge, when I was a teenager I was in therapy twice and both times to get therapy through OHIP it would be a 9 month to 2 year wait. Luckily we did have some benefits through Dad but honestly it ran out really quickly, so luckily my Dad covered the cost.

I also agree on the weather, originally I was worried about being hot and sweating after surgery as we do not have AC in our house but unless the weather drastically changes it won't be a worry. I do have to admit a little warmer would be welcome, I still find myself wearing light sweaters to stay warm. Plus the rain oh the rain, I need some sun.

Well I better get back to work, I had an off site meeting which took up my afternoon so now I need to follow up on a few things that happened this afternoon.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My doctor suspects I might have MS. He says he is sending me to someone in town I would like him to hurry up with these referrals. Instead of just suggesting he is making them I don’t like waiting until it becomes worse. MS does run in my family my uncle was diagnosed with it and not even until 9 months later after he told family he died. After he fell and broke his femur he was found several hours later after his daughter came home from work. The person she paid to help him during the day took off 5 hours early. And this person was paid for a 8 hour shift. And he died 2 weeks later.

I was looking online for the tests they do to see if you have it and there it was an MRI or Lumbar spinal tap. I think MRI would be less invasive and less painful than the spinal tap.

Everything is long wait for everything here in BC. So I am not saying I have it yet but MRI sounds like it’s in order. Something is definitely wrong if every month I have fallen. I am looking for answers as it’s not adding up.

I went to Canadian tire with my mom and I bought a
    5 pack of bic lighters $5.99
    Pantry moths traps box of 4 $9.99
    High heel air freshener $1.09 clearance

I got 10cents of Canadian tire money.

My mom bought some gardening gloves.

It’s freaking really hot outside. I don’t think I like how muggy it is.

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The gusty winds today mimic what I feel like inside my body-pressure rising and falling and swirling. Before every rain downpour, the sky darkened before the rain came down. Had to take a nap in afternoon. Learned how caffeine sensitive I am-had 3 cane sugar colas yesterday (mid-afternoon and around 9pm; sibling declined the cola as it's not made in Canada) then the last one after 5am today when I had my early waking. Had a slight sluggish dip at 1pm but after 2pm, I had to get to bed and rest a couple of hours. Actually had my pain ease while walking to Shoppers and the library this evening. Just glad I did my shopping yesterday. Brought a plastic cup along to get some tap water before I leave the library.

While tomorrow is going to be cooler, I plan to wear one of the new tank tops under my light long-sleeve button-up shirt when I go out in the morning. Not all places have air-conditioning on for today's humidity but I still put a coat on during my walk due to the wind today.

One of the library magazines had an ad for Beauti-Tone paints based on Nova Scotia. The blue-tone one might be perfect for painting the house's foundation, the colour is very similar. Have to look up the cost of a pail. Actually, there are other exterior surfaces needing paint too. Seems like a June to-do list is shaping up.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Stocked up on milk, cat food and Kleenex at Shoppers. Got 20% off and remembered my spend $40 get 10,000 pts coupon - my subtotal was $40.91 I was so glad as usually it's a minimum of $50. Now I have $10 worth for my next grocery trip.

Cool in the morning, once I got into Hamilton it was so humid and warm. I just wish it would stop raining as my yard is very soggy.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -off to get my haircut at 10.00 ,yipee
    A neighbour told me freshco will give you a free reuasable bag if yours rips or holes in it ,never knew that so i called and she said yes so will drop in there and get my new bag

the bay has free shipping today so just ordered a pair of wellness socks for me 4.00 on clearance size 9-11 they are not tight at the top so I like that since I already ordered a pair a few weeks back I still keep looking in thrift stores ,giant tiger anywhere I go but a lot of stores don't carry ladies 9-11 socks anymore its all o/s one size which don't fit me

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-whatever does not get done before your surgery will get done by someone else or later when you are well. Please do not wear yourself out before your surgery as that could possibly slow down your recovery or even delay your surgery if you get sick prior. If at any time you should put yourself first it is now and after surgery. You are only one person and working only 8 hrs per day 5 days per week is enough IMHO prior to surgery.

Greentires-I hope you don't have MS but glad to hear you will have the testing done.

Everyone I know in Ontario seems to be complaining about the weather. My brother went on Sunday to look after my Mum for 3 weeks and he said he had to buy gloves for his morning bike rides! When my turn starts again on July 2 I am sure it will be very hot and humid which I hate!! I will be buying at least a room air conditioner or I will be a useless caregiver!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! I am not complaining about the weather at all. It's not snow so I am happy

Have to drop DS off at work tonight at 5:30 so I will pop into Food Basics on my way home for some blueberries and a few other fresh things. He is going to be so excited when he gets his first pay cheque since he will have quite a few hours.

I better get some work done! Have a great day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 these are my go to curtains . yes , they are blackout. i have 1 setof 2 on each of the kids room. and 2 sets on my big living room wndows. proper coverage is key. they also keep heat out.. very well. we notice a huge difference in the summer

ok. butterflys are here. we raise them from caterpillers. how cool is that

we have 2 house projects we are doing this year. ... doors ( fall) . and ... driveway. ... the driveway.. we need to remove and dispose of he deck. well.. that has been sitting poorly with me. i mean stuff going to the landfill.. really.. ugh. so i posted it on a free buy and sell site. i have people coming sunday.. they will removem, and use the wood. at no cost to me. They are very happy to get the wood. i am happy to get it removed and used. win win

youngest is doing relay for life today!! so proud of her.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@ Lizzie bargain here everyone complains about the weather when it starts raining I don’t care anymore. I welcome the rain it’s disgusting with the humid weather I can stand it when it dry heat but not humid heat. Reminds me of the summer when I worked in Algonquin park in Ontario for humid weather.

Yeah me to on the MS thingy.

I went to apply for the job they were offering in my building and the printer/laptop failed to do anything remotely good.

Today I am sore considering I got my period yesterday at 5pm. But not in my much pain which is good.

My friend hates where she went to and is pissed off that she left. This is from a city girl stuck in the country haha. I am a country girl in the city. I know whats it like to be bored, but it’s not what it’s like being there it’s the time you put in not thinking about how bored you are. It’s finding things to do and doing it.

I was going to go to no frills for their $2 days at 9am but it’s almost 9:30am I haven’t made out of bed yet. It’s Friday and I don’t feel like doing anything. I do need food so I guess I will get out of bed.

Be back soon...

barbis9, Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Breezy, cool, sunny day-perfect for long walk. No luck finding a Pepsi Stuff cap on the ground so I bought a regular Pepsi (I have not seen Pepsi Zero contest bottles in coolers!) as I forgot my water bottle but I filled the pop bottle with water (just before I was about to recycle the bottle, memory kicked in).

Could not resist checking out Talize-today's manager specials were 50% off women's dresses, women's blouses and men's tops. No luck in clothing but in smaller things, I picked up an old Simplicity pattern for a women's scallop hemmed jacket and skirt set (69 cents) and a small shiny silver handbag for $2.99 that has some felt-like floral appliques that can be put on the exterior under a metal cap. The coats and dress racks are now at the front of the store and footwear has been moved to the back of the store.

Have noticed fewer Yellow pages boxes on Upper James (the ones on Stonechurch and in front of the Pizza Nova) are gone. Either the publisher took them back, the city cracked down on boxes without licensing or someone is a keen metal scrapper.

Saw on CHCH Morning Live that the Hamilton Spectator building will be put up for sale. The printing and mailroom operations will stop in late August. Newsroom office will relocate in Hamilton. My guess that if news staff could move to the redone Westinghouse building, they'd be nearby their present location.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information