User Tag List

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went out in the garden this aft and harvested some Saskatoon berries and potatoes. Raspberries and apples are coming along-even though I don't grow much, I always find it fun to be able to pick something fresh from the backyard. I would love to live somewhere that you could grow and harvest tropical fruits from the backyard-then again I would probably find it too hot-lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

went to my moms . helped in the shop. found 6 pairs of my dads glasses... i know there are more. put together some stuff for her.

went to foodland... 2 bonless skin less chicken breast... 12.00 ... seriously.. i swear our foodland is the most expensive foodland ever. i did not buy it. came home took out chicken.. 5 in the pkg.. for 12.00 .. and i uesed a 2.00 off coupon on it.. so yea... and the breasts are bigger... now i need to wait for them to defrost....
    stuffing them.. put them on the bbq, roaste baby potatoes.. and grilled saperagus and mushrooms.. with garlic herb bread,

also placed a davidss tea order. sigh loose leaf tea is expensive. i am not a fan of tea bags.. i red somewhere that ther is micro prticles of plastic in every tea bag... sigh....
    ok. so loose leaf it is .
    i did have a whiole bunch of freebies with the order.
    i need to figure out less pricey tea. that is still good.

i tried the ones from bulk barn.. sigh.. i used 2x as much for the same amount of tea... it was so weak.

any tea suggestions... anyone.. i am black tea fan. .. orange peakoe ect.
    or a good mint, and a apple cin .. well. that is just delish...

ok.. going back to hide in my non frugal tea addiction hole...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

hi all sorry for being not there since 1 week I was dating a guy but it does not work...so back to my life and my routine...oh well its life .
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy holiday tomorrow depending on where you are! Enjoy the day!

Name:  Holiday.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  7.7 KB
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Vacation is over, but I took another week off so for me the vacation continues. Need to get back in my frugal frame of mind. Price matched most of out groceries tonight and bought only what was needed so we can continue to use up the pantry. Freezer is already close to half empty but other than chicken we have what we need.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    went to foodland... 2 bonless skin less chicken breast... 12.00 ... seriously.. i swear our foodland is the most expensive foodland ever. i did not buy it. came home took out chicken.. 5 in the pkg.. for 12.00 .. and i uesed a 2.00 off coupon on it.. so yea... and the breasts are bigger... now i need to wait for them to defrost....
    I know, it's crazy how expensive Foodland can be. In my parent's town, they have Foodland and Vinces, both can be very expensive for them. So I do a shop for them anytime I'm over half an hour away. And my closest store here in Thorold... Is also a Foodland, although since I work at the RCSS, I just shop anytime after my shift, and It will be nice come December when I get my Staff Discount Card! I'll be back to saving a ton more money since losing my Student Discount!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I put up a blackout curtain with tacs and hot glue...it has considerably lowered the temperature in my suite.

I don’t have curtain rod but I mAke due with what I do have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Early start to the day here! Will grab a Venti coffee for a small number of points at SBux and then start yardwork! Enjoy the day all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dropped DS off at work for 10. Came home and made coffee and an egg mcmuffin. Did dishes up in sink. Last load of towels in dryer now.
    Thinking it should be a beach day

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Enjoying the sunshine and line drying the laundry. Otherwise enjoying the day. Will go for a bike ride later.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yesterday did a load of laundry and lilo i love line drying too
    then at 6.00 p.m went to visit friends we have known 29 years ,first a hike with them for an hour and a half ,then back to their place for cheese plates and fruit and veggie tray plus zucchini bread

My friend gave me 2 large zucchini's from her garden and I gave her a small gift bag with 12.00 worth of body butter and shower gels and shortie socks as they are going away to croatia this month

We stayed and chatted til 9.30 I drove home as hubby had 2 beers ,really nice visit

Today hubby decided to paint bathroom ceiling then had to stop as he felt light headed and I am starting to paint the trim ,awful job but someone has to do it -lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Aug 5th, 2019 at 01:51 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.
    no kids today , though t i might have 2.. messaged them.. no response.. so at 11 i left. went to drop off middle child. then off to micheals. i know why i avoid that store. omg frustrating. i got some of what i needed. but that store is frustrating.

home . rested. while i had been waiting fo rhte kids.. i weeded the front, and hung laundry.
    laundry is in now..
    doing chicken quidillas for supper. and relaxing.

prob play on pinterest.. looking for Pirate crafts for my dc kids. ...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

1 trade from facebook french group I was waiting for but omg so pissed by canada post I paid 10$ in giftcard for this trade and half the coupons are missing because the enveloppe was damaged by post canada during the transport...I received it in a plastic bag ,the enveloppe teared....the person did a video when posting and the enveloppe was correct...so annoying...
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did not get my 1600 pc points with my free chicken coupon at maxi and cie because it was entered at 0 not the value..I cannot make a request ...so annoying......
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well Tuesday is here. Time for coffee! Enjoy the upcoming week!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information