User Tag List

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Greentires, I do drink a lot of water I think it is just me being me and over doing it. I find the older I get the quicker the burn out comes when I push too hard.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

QOTD- What is the best deal you have gotten for $1?

For me it is our brand new hot air popcorn popper! Purchased at a garage sale this year. Get so much use out of it and it is cute!
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. or rather afternoon.

park , wading pool lots of outside play. kids loved it and are exhusted,

i need to figure out supper. might just do pogos... something easy. yep.. pogo a dn veggie stick. easy peasy.

if it is nice after work.. and kids are done on time.. i need to work in the back yard.. or the side... sigh..
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Taking a break from my massive to do list, it’s going to feel great going back to work with a clear list, which never happens. It’s time for my eye appointment so I booked for the almost 19 yr old as well since OHIP covers eye tests until 19. Then called the dentist as the younger is due for cleaning and they can get him in Thursday which is perfect as he is going to spend sometime with grandma so this frees him up sooner.
    Someone gifted me a free Hello Fresh box and I never see the value in them, likely because my older son does most meals, but for free I will take it. So I let him pick out the choices but I do not see how this is cost saving. Three meals for a family or four has a value of 129.00.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    QOTD- What is the best deal you have gotten for $1?

For me it is our brand new hot air popcorn popper! Purchased at a garage sale this year. Get so much use out of it and it is cute!
    Most recent hosiery score of size C brown microfibre tights for 99 cents at local Value Village last week!
    Giseledta and ROMEO like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My celery is waiting for me chop it up for smoothies or sticks. Was not able to get it done yesterday as Mom was cooking yesterday so the kitchen was hot and humid. But she made lots of mashed potatoes which I enjoyed in the evening.

Managed to watch The Public (some nudity but otherwise good movie about the value of public libraries and the value of people) and Badges of Fury (don't be fooled by the Lethal Weapon like cover-this is a Hong Kong-style sendup of police dramas in the manner of Sledgehammer, really, but it's kind of funny too. Count the cliches...) on DVD last night.

Today I did a quick floor sweep, bagged all the empty bottles still in the house for the recycling box and ran a load of kitchen towels this morning. Sky certainly threatened rain this morning but nothing came down. Feeling a tad sluggish and am trying to find ambition.

Had a good chat with someone in town about shoes and life. Very good-she gave me some things to ponder for August.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

frugal big mama= are part of the new airmile promo... Aug 8- 14 - buy 200 in foodland gift cards get 100 airmiles. you have to load the offer to your card. or have the paper coupon. i am not sure what.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well went to my family doctor today -and I feel great about it ,got some prescription crème

Then gave my neighbour a top I bought at value village -too big for me

Painted the ceiling and door in bathroom today with hubby ,will finish on Thursday
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    frugal big mama= are part of the new airmile promo... Aug 8- 14 - buy 200 in foodland gift cards get 100 airmiles. you have to load the offer to your card. or have the paper coupon. i am not sure what.
    Thanks! But not as great of a deal as usual right?
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

nowhee near.

last time was 150 airmiles. for 150 .00 gc. so basiclly 10%

this time.. 100 airmiles for 200 gc... or 5%
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks i will probably wait for a better promo
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am as well.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy Thursday.

we currently have rain. but it should clear. abut 10 am . i am hoping so a good run and play about 11 am would be great

lunch is spagetti, leftovers will be transformed into a cassarole for tonight.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Rain here too! May as well work!

Have to clean out my shopping bag (coupons/flyers/list) We don't really need anything and I am going to just shop light and not really buy any fresh stuff since we need to eat up what we have. Fruit this week is blueberries/bananas/pears. I think I may make a nice pasta sauce tonight so will make pasta for dinner. Haven't had it in a long time.

I found a deal last night that I couldn't leave. Both boys have mentioned at different times wanting mini fridges for their tv rooms. They both don't ask for much and have all the electronics they need etc. So I have no great ideas for Christmas. At Home Depot last night there were two 4.4 cu. mini fridges- Energy Star etc on clearance for $107.00. Reg $278.00. I have 90 days to return if I change my mind but even figured I could sell with back to school and make a couple bucks on each if I really wanted to. But I am thinking I will keep for Christmas. Wrap a case of water and their fav canned beverage for a theme lol I have put them in my mother's garage and will move to basement to hide there one night when there for dinner with help.

oh and I received the free gift from PC Insiders yesterday in my mailbox. Nothing I will ever use but guess can't complain since I got the subscription for free plus a bonus 50,000 PC pts on top of it. Will keep the bbq wooden thing and give the other away. the packaging must have cost more then the products..and the postage!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Aug 8th, 2019 at 09:17 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

3 downpours occurred this morning in Ancaster. While family was out, I juiced two celery bunches and have two containers of juice ready in the fridge. Will hold off on baking until Sat. when I get the kitchen and have the time to linger, to play music too and just relax.

This morning, I went to Walmart, saw the new Back to School Live Better issue (only 1 coupon; some good back to school meal ideas including a BLT pasta salad) in the rack and searched for minutes (took me 5min to find all three kinds (family pk, party pk, and the usual 12pk) of Schneiders weiners when I was looking for the $2.97 12 pk) to find deals from the flyer. Did not find the $2.88/lb lean beef deal for value pack-I only saw the $10 lean ground beef (now 800g vs 900g previously) pkgs and at cash was told $10 is the price. I did not want cashier to hold the line up but I told her I could not find the flyer deal. So if YOU do see it in store, please tell me how large the package is and how it is labelled. My pkg just said lean ground beef and said Canadian Beef (no mention of value pkg but did show $12.50/kg price!). Left some coupons in the store as I don't need them and someone might just do a happy dance if the coupons align with product purchases.

Last night, I went to Value Village for a leisurely visit to the pants depts and tried two pairs of black pants. I decided to buy the $4.99 pinstripe pair though the pockets are subpar (front ones only have a depth 1 inch below opening which means ID case or bulky items will only last seconds until I sit down then pockets will empty as the fit and price plus so-so 4 pockets was enough of a win for me. Only saw one of three white shirts I sort of liked but did not try. Then a quick shop at Longos (new flyer started yesterday-could not find the 2 for $6 organic herb pots-maybe they were at the store entrance and not in produce) and scored another pair of pakora/samosas with dips for late dinner, steak spice hamburger buns, little potatoes, reduced price danish pastries and something else.

Found 80 cents' worth of containers-people seem to like drinking by empty under-construction areas.
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information