Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Friends?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

do you have any REAL close friends?
    people you can count on at anytime?
    friends who accept you for who you are?

I can honestly say I have NO real friends
    if something ever happened to me, I have only my family members ( if that)
    I find the older you get, the less friends you have.... that said, I was and always a LONER.... so friendships are not that important in my life.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    darwinsmistake likes this.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I have 1 best friend. when you become a mom at 19 they kinda drop like flies..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I have 6 closer girlfriends and 1 best friend. I'm the kind of person that I tend to keep with the same group. All these girls I've known for over 10 years. My best friend and I have been together forever! Our parents worked together, our sisters were friends, it was meant to be! I know I could count on her for anything I need!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

nope, moved away from home and my best friend almost 12 years ago.. haven't made any real friends here, don't expect i will after all this time either.. plus i find it very difficult to trust people.. whatever, i have you guys
    gameprogirl and frugal50 like this.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have about 3 best friends I could count at anytime for anything and I know they would be there for mein a heartbeat.

and then I have my group of girlfriends and my SC friends.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    nope, moved away from home and my best friend almost 12 years ago.. haven't made any real friends here, don't expect i will after all this time either.. plus i find it very difficult to trust people.. whatever, i have you guys
    i totally agree! i have a trust issue.... been deceived too many times, to trust again

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I over the years have developed a great relationship with a small group of women. None of them were childhood friends. A couple of them I trust completely. One even comes and stays at my house and takes care of my fur babies when we go to florida.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I have one person who is truly my best friend. We have known each other since we were kids and although we had a falling out in high school, we're closer than ever now! I honestly don't know what I would do without her. She would drop, and has dropped, everything to help me and I would do, and have done, the same for her I have never met anyone who is as selfless as she is.

And I have my lovely SC friends, of course
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have one best friend but she moved 6 hours away for college and continued living there afterwards. I had a group of friends from grade/ high school that I used to always han or with but they were all big drinkers and everything turned into an excuse to get drunk and I'm not much of a drinker so I quit talking to them. Haven't made any new close friends since then.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have a couple of close friends but I was pretty much a 'loner' in high school and I kind of valued being independent and not relying on others, plus I have trust issues and I think that is the main reason I don't have a bf because I just don't trust people.
    I do have a lot of casual friends though and am the type of person that has around 400 people on facebook and actually know almost all of them in person.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have my bf for almost 33 years... i tried shaking her off several times over the years but she keeps coming back. ...just kidding! she is amazing!! I also have 3 close guy friends of almost 24 /26 years and 2 girlfriends of about 15/20 years. I didnt make good friends after that because i'm really happy/lucky having the ones i have and never really felt the need having/wanting more.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I have a fairly close group of friends that have been together for about 12 years or so. We have over the years grown a bit apart but we're still pretty close.

I wouldn't say that I have a best friend though (other than DH of course). Most of my friends have moved away or we've just lost touch because we're in different stages of life (I have kids and a lot of my friends dont).

I do miss having a bestie but honestly I dont know that I'd have time to devote to them. Plus like others have said, when I want to chat or need to vent I have my SC girlfriends! I love you all!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I have lots of friends and could not live without them that is for sure. I hang out with my highschool friends still we all live all over Canada but we make sure to make efforts to go away every year. Or every other year, has become harder now that we are all mothers and have families. These girls there is five of us have been friends for over 30 years. I feel so blessed to have them all in my life.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm glad someone started this thread, I though I was just weird or something. I've often wondered what it is that's wrong with me, especially as an adult. I think as someone else said, it's trust issues that are part of my problem.

I have a group of women that I met while on maternity at a parent/tot group. We get together every month or so for drinks and food or something, and we all have kids of a similar age in common. But while we're all friends and I email with a few of them regularly, I don't really have anyone that I can call just to shoot the breeze, etc. I wish I did.

DH thinks that I was popular in high school because I had a fair number of acquaintances, while he had none. But that's the thing, they were acquaintances, very few real friends. Now he has a group of guy friends that he goes and plays games with regularly, while I mostly don't have anything close to that.
    gameprogirl likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I have 5 friends who are a really close group - even though we live quite far apart these days. We have gotten together for each other's birthdays through the years - they are spread throughout the year. Out of these 5 there is one woman who I consider my complete confident - I was just saying to my dh yesterday that she would drop almost anything to jump in her car and drive to where I am to help if I needed her. We know each other's secrets - we've laughed, cryed, and supported each other all through the years. I moved away from the town where we all worked about 6 years ago and I really miss them - we'd usually see each other at least 2-3 times a month.
    I have not made any really CLOSE friends in my new town - but I HAVE become very close friends with an SCer and we e-mail each other every day. We even got together for a weekend last fall as she lives in a far part of the province.

I have read that as we get older it's important to have a circle of women friends that include people who are younger than us - they'll be there when we get old and need a good friend to look in on us!

For those of you who think you don't have close friends - I bet you can count on the "Friends" you know here for support - more than you know.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information