User Tag List

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes

Thread: September 2019 Frugal Chatter-Ring the bell for deals and goal adjustments

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby saved us about 120.00 today ,he bought the part for the car 45.00 others wanted 85 and had a place put it in for him as it took a special GM tool to put it in total came to 98.00 others quoted for the part and labour 230 or more

Now I can go out on thursday ,missed going out in car for 2 days
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. i suspect i am coming down with something. sigh.

ok. rain here today .. kinda. its a cool and weird weathe r day. i am taking it easy.

plan for the day is to finish off the kitchen. make some coloured rice for sensory play.
    since it is a rainy day . iwill be crafting with the kids.

tonight just relax with the family.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am waiting news for a yoplait coupons trade fingers crossed it will work .... !!!
    barbis9, Ciel, dededi and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have needed new flip flops for the beach for a long time. Just picked up 4 pairs from Crocs $66 bucks (3 for me and 1 for youngest DS) I'm set for life now lol
    ROMEO, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It is a beautiful day here so I just decided to take the afternoon off to get some yard work done. Will do laundry too just to get it done and put away. I will also drop off stuff at the thrift store...I have had items in my car all week.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped out to style encore -got 21.00 for my daughter's runners and 2.00 for a top of mine -and they are having 20% off next Friday sept 20 and giveaways /contests on the sat/sunday

Then popped into metro spent $41 but they had a lot of sales campells soup .50 tomato,chicken breasts blueberries were 1.99 same as blackberries ,broccoli was 1.29 and they converted an area into self serve also ,it was easy to use since I had no coupons .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Sep 12th, 2019 at 03:06 PM.
    barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, before the regular rain became sort of hard rain (and drenching me on the walk home), I shopped at Walmart (I have comments about the newer Hanes undies, ladies!), Canadian Tire and browsed Value Village (both fun and timewasting), then got a new LCBO tote bag to help me with can finds.

Value Village-ok no coats and after browsing men's coats, I got drawn to spending 10min in accessories before committing to a 99 cent pair of black socks with cats on them and a 99 cent rose gold Lancome zippered case (likely from those gift with purchase promos). Nothing like checking the racks in the same section three times to realize doing this often can cause time to fly but sometimes it also yields little treasures easy to say yes to. I almost said yes to a polyurethane purse (black) but I was drawn to a brown one (yet I hardly use purses) and wanted a $3.99 backpack but I don't have a need for one yet (maybe when a laptop comes along). When I got home and took my watch off, I saw that one end of the watch strap is getting rather cracked, so a "new" watch strap is being added to my thrift store shopping list.

Back to the women's Hanes underwear-positive news: my bundle of 6pr in size 7 were buff and blush tones with only one medium gray solid (preferable to last year's black pair) and one white pair with floral gray/pink print. The bad news-the elastic band is now 7/8" high and now sports Hanes script several times (last year's satiny elastic had no script and was 3/4" high); also the front part of the crotch is at least 1/2" narrower but the back crotch seam is also somewhat smaller when compared to a last year pair. Overall, I like the colours for lighter pant wear but this is my final Hanes underwear (briefs) purchase. You can bet I'll try to get 1 yr of wear from my recent Jockey Elance 3pk pairs and see if I can get some more time with the last 2-3 pairs of Elance underwear from last year (2-3 other pairs are in my textile recycling bag for a future clothing/rag drive).

Meanwhile, don't buy women's Jockey tank tops in white. Those straps are narrow (about an 1" wide and don't hang them on the line from the straps like I did as the straps did stretch) and I am deliberately going the thrift store route to find buff, tan or grey versions in older Jockey styles or other brands. Not paying $27.99 for 2pk of white ones in the Bay. I intend to cut up my current two tops (1 year old now) into rags soon.

Tuesday, I found my almost perfect winter coat on the Simons website--it only comes in black but it does have the storm flap, storm cuffs, adequate length and a hood (trim can be removed-yes!). I'll print off my coat prospects (copy and paste of Pinterest pins into a Word document) so I have a visual guide with me when I check store racks. Feel like I have to know where that coat will come from by the end of Sept or the first week of Oct will be a scramble for coat deals Amazing Race for Ciel!

Today's roundup-community paper landed on the driveway without a Walmart flyer but there was an Ikea flyer (small win). Managed to do laundry in the am (the wet stuff and footwear from last night, plus kitchen linens), have breakfast and finish small tidying tasks as Mom had her friends set to visit after lunch for dessert. Mom did ask me to make more print copies of photos I got yesterday (these chats are always after I have done a print job-hardly ever done in advance) but I said no, make do with what I gave you. I said I've spent quite a sum this year on photos (she offered to give me money, but the key issue for me is that she does not acknowledge the time, walking and effort I have to make each time to make prints/balance # of prints vs actual funds in my wallet (I deleted some summer prints I wanted because I simply did not have too much over $11, so I unselected some of my choices then later cleared images from the memory card at home. This year, it's important that our house has a set of images for photo albums (I have to date and make notations as sibling turned off the date function on the camera, so prints don't have dates--grr). And I'd like her to send what photos she has before the next special occasion comes along next week. I'm sure photos from that event will be like getting a certain someone to pull out his teeth...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I made my trade for yoplait coupons I will have 10 coupons,,perfect with this week 2$ sale at maxi hope to receive the coupons in time of I will ask rainchecks
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yop smoothies and protein are 1$ this week at maxi and cie if you can pm..wish I found more coupons and before the sale ends

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ontario SCers who are near Longos, have Thank You Rewards cards and love NFL games (live)-current flyer shows a contest where buying Frank's Hot Sauce and swiping your TYR card this week will get you entered into a contest for two tickets to the November 24 game (Buffalo Bills vs Denver Broncos).
    https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canad...to-17/single/5

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Michael's flyer tomorrow has the Gildan T-shirts on sale for $2.99-perfect for any school projects, DIY art, or just plain wearing.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl I will have to take a look at the metro flyer as I would like to use some of my Air Miles and while I could use them for gas I prefer to use them for groceries.
    I found a bag of beer cans in the parking lot today. So I did my very best @Ciel and picked them up yo add to my empties. There was 17 of them. Woo hoo
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As we head into FriYay! Just a little smile for you

JadeAngel, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    As we head into FriYay! Just a little smile for you

My life story 😜

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

So I have been having memory lapses of totally forgetting who I am, where I live and how to get home, if I have taken my meds and how many, if I have gone to the bathroom, what I was saying I go completely blank and never remember what I was going to say. I been to the ER twice in one week. My doctor was the only one who sent me for xrays on my neck. The ER doctor the night before did xrays on my chest looking for pneumonia when I had fallen and hit my head on the floor. I was really dizzy and everything just went blurry.

At home people were saying I was clutz and stubborn it made me cry as I was laying on the floor waiting for the paramedics. When the paramedics had arrived they took my blood pressure they said it was perfect but for who I usually have 108-118/80-84 not 130/78. They made me walk down to the ambulance i was so dizzy and I was laying on the floor coughing and the paramedic told me to cover my mouth but my left arm was numb and right arm had the blood pressure cuff on it. The paramedics were rude I wish they would be more kinder.

Every night I have the same dream of having a tumour in my head on purity gland. Then one pressing behind my eyes.

It’s scheduled to rain for 5 days here solid.

I think I might go to Walmart then shoppers maybe. I been awake since 5:50am and I don’t really feel sleepy. But I am definitely craving burgers and onion rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information