User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    yeah...already november....definetely summer and fall are behind us...will not enjoy the future snow so much...Dad have to purchase winter tires so not a frugal month for him....
    I am noneless to say ready for winter ..new coat,new boots and new scarves.

Got a deal for 100$ on my coat in a clearance sale and my boots and scarves from value village
    Great deals!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Ds showed me pics of snow back home from his friends. Glad i put the winter tires on before we left for vacation. Enjoying the sun and pool today but am looking forward to go home this weekend. Im sure our dog misses us
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    October savings

Stuff Sold
    $16

Garden
    $40

Coupons redeemed
    $228.37

10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $11.76

Air Miles
    $40

PCO - No Frills
    $20

Amazon.ca - from Swagbucks
    $65

SCOP (amount item scanned for)
    $6.81
    wow!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late night!!!!
    nothing in the mail but at school I scored 5 medium pumpkins so I will search recepies to cook and enjoy them and a handfull of candies !!!!! Great day!!! I did not buy pumpkins this year because I find they where expensive so a great deal!!!! If anyone have bilinguial recepies to share please message me or writhe in here thanks....I am thinking soup,cookies for the moment(found a recepie for withe chocolate and pumpkin cookies super easy so yum!!!

I still have pain in my left leg even with voltarin and this is the 4 days...not normal....

I dont know how to divide my time this week end between cooking,working in my books and cleaning...so much work in my books....I would take extras hours in a day but I refuse to cut my sleep....

today was ok at school altrought it is difficult new things to learn

I am waiting in the mail 1 fpc silk and 1 fpc lightlife..hopefully next week

gotta get some sleep..good night!!!!

was not impressed with the candies discount at maxi and cie...suppose to be 50% but their prices are high...

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

UGH insomnia again.. so an earlier good morning ;it s always when i have no school during the week end of when i am stressed..
    anyway I have 1 trade pending for coupons I want and need..happy!!!
    Next week the night it will froze at -7 degre ...hhuh..but we have to face this we are in november
    Looking forward to the change of hour to get 1 more hour extra sleep altrought it will be dark when i will get out of the school...
    Plan today: Breakfest at Subway and read the papers,harvest marche and then maxi to see if they have more satisfying candy discount and maybe cooking...I really need to use my 2 bags of apples before they are going bad ...another apple crisp maybe....I have no inspiration like the pumpkin....ok have an awesome day!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Re good late morning lol!!!! I went first at maxi at 8:00 am to purchase some discount candy.They where still 50% off ...When we talk candy I am like a child in a candy store so I spend 40$ on chocolate hershey ,twizzlers,caramels ,berries,oh henry and a few others

After I went to breakfest in Subway noticed the sign for the hollidays spend 25$ in giftcard get a 6 inch Subway or wrap of your choice is back so I will purchase one card and take the most expensive subway for lunch tomorrow!!!

Christmas Defile will be the november 17 ..I cannot wait...I am excited!!!!It is always magic!!!!3 years our city does that and I think it will be a good tradition to have each year,especially for the childrens!!!!

Still have not decided what to make with my 5 medium pumpkins....mmmm..I know first thing will have to do is roasted them in the oven to make puree..the start hahaha

Some weird people in the world...one example this morning...a old man at the maxi this ask me if I can paid his grocery...no!!!!
    After he said something like do you have an eye or a lung for him..wt???? no!!! and he whispered nobody do nothing for me....

wow ..not impressed

anyway have an awesome day !!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Nov 2nd, 2019 at 10:47 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I cannot count how many times I tried to post this week but pulled away.

The start of the week was good but the end was not so good. We lost a manager Thursday, I am sad to see him go, he was a great guy always there to help anyone. Also Friday Morning (early morning, 1 amish) Sister in Law's Mom passed.

Earlier in the week we went to Costco and did our grocery shopping. I had to laugh about going to Costco as the last couple of weeks Mom kept mentioning needing to go but she didn't really have a list and the things she was bringing up were not really must have items. Turns out our membership needed to be renewed so she has been unable to get gas at Costco. It made me laugh cause she just told me I would have given her the money to go and renew the membership as I knew I was paying the renewal fee.

We spent a little more than I wanted to at Costco but I found a few things that were needed but impulse buys, I got:
    A Pillow, I do not know what it is but I have this special talent that I destroy pillows in my sleep, so they had a nice one on sale for $22 so I grabbed this, hoping it last a bit longer then the cheaper ones I have been buying else where.
    I also grabbed Mini Wheats, it is only cereal we both eat and every time I go to have a bowl we are out.
    I also grabbed a package of 25 take out containers for $8, I think these will work well for meal prep as my plan going forward is to make 2 or 3 things each weekend for us to eat during the week.
    Dishwasher Tabs were on sale, we opened our last pack so these will go into the stockpile.
    Also grabbed Bacon Bits and Quinoa to have on hand for meal prep
    Lemons, I drink a lot of warm lemon water in the winter

At the grocery store we got:
    Potatoes
    Acorn Squash
    Nacho Chips
    Limes
    Cucumbers
    Napa Cabbage
    (Everything was on sale but I cannot remember the prices now).

I have been slowly trying to get some stuff done around the house, this week has mostly just been tidying up.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. grocery shopping done.

i used 100.00 in airmiles. at metro.. got chicken breasts, stewing beef, and ex lean beef, , as well as 3 cheesecakes ( youngest) and 6 pkgs of the froen noodles with veggies.. sale. great for qucki meals.

3 different shoppers. bacon sale. and frozen pizzas. again sale.

then rcss.. got roasts , whole chicken , and more gr beef- this one lean. pric matched.. and so much frozen stuff... saved about 60 in price matching. used 2 coupons for 4.00 and did co 51 for 16.00 . used 200.00 in points there m, and got back 22000 pts there.

i will say i got over my price matching fear. i could have done a bit better. but i am pretty proud of how well i did.
    i did get the freebie they had if you spent over 225. lol

my freezer is about half full.
    i have insane anxisity about lack of food in the house. i feel like we are in a good place and have a good plan in place.

i still have airmiles left, and Sarah ( my middle child who uses the pc points and was kind enough to let me use 200.00 worth ) still has just over 450.00
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sat, Nov 2nd, 2019 at 02:57 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon wow nov already -we got home today at 11.45 this morning -a bit tired of staying at my daughter's cant wait to sleep in my own bed tonight . Halloween was fun watching Sebastian be a dinosaur and get a fair amount of candy ,I am sure I have gained a pound or 2 eating little bars

Today too tired to go out but doing laundry
    I also online xmas shopped for the grandkids (pretty sure I am done Sebastian in the toy dept now just spent 52 at the bay but did get a pair of rolled socks in there for me ,all mine are getting holes lately .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m quite happy that I was able to buy a used garden compost bin for $10. Part of the top is cracked, but everything else works fine. Ds and I just set up the compost bin in the back yard. We raked most of the back yard and started the bin. I have a big bucket full of carrot tops that I’m breaking up and layering into the bin. I posted a wanted add for bags of leaves on Facebook and received a lot of replies. We’ll need to get the bags of leaves in order to continue layering it. I have some tomato plants to break down and add to the bin too. I’m excited to learn and teach our children how to compost.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

After so much needed researchs I think I found 2 (3 counting the puree) for my pumpkins recepies!!!! 1-Puree of pumpkins for the 2 others recepies 2- a soup and 3-pumpkins white chocolate cookies that should be yummy!!!Will buy the missing ingrediants tomorrow morning and then cook.The puree recepies is from ricardo ,he said to put the whole pumpkin in the oven well will see
    Working a little bit in my books,get dinner and then relax

Have a wonderfull evening and night!!!!

Changed my thing to hold my keys I practically lost the appartement key in the parking lot of the school yesterday huh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!!! I found 2 more recepies of pumpkins I want to make and they are easy so that is good!!!! Will stop at Jean Coutu to see if they have good clearance deals of candy per curiosity and then hit iga and maxi for some grocery and ingrediants for my recepies.Will spend the afternoon cooking!!!! If I like the recepies I will remake them later for sure
    1 hour of extra sleep wow..I was on bed earlier last night but enjoy it the extra hour .
    Enjoy the day!!!! Happy Sunday!!!

A bit mad at me because i purchase my candies fast because I wanted some good variety and if I would had wait today to do it and with the purchased of my ingrediants and groceries i would had made 5000 pc points...well with the list i have maybe I will hit the 50$ today and we can only get it once spend 50$ get 5000 points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy Sunday all...

on track for today..

bring milk to mom.. i forgot it yesterday.
    rake walnuts from front lawn....
    get 3 small containers from home hardwear.
    laundry.. so much laundry
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all hope everyone are doing good
    Was very busy the last Coupons day chasing some deals which I post in the Brag section was also on the hunt for the new tear pad coupons was lucky to find most
    Today I have to get some stuff done in the house
    And be ready for regular routine for tomorrow
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m working on my Christmas lists. We’re trying to come up with things to do as a family vs more toys, etc. for the kids. Ds is 7 and our boy/girl twins are 4. “Movie” Gift bag with popcorn seasoning, sunrype fruitbites, small chocolate bars, etc. Activity vouchers - movies, bowling, swimming, library, energy outlet, family Centre, sledding, bake cookies, etc.

I have a cook book that we have added to over the years. I also have a typed copy of my favourite recipes, which I’ve printed and put into books as Christmas gifts for family/friends one year.

We are looking at buying 2 sets of these dishes as Dh and my Christmas gifts. I have saved up my Swagbucks gift cards from Amazon and I’m waiting for the right price.
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00R790CLY/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

How are you making out woth your Christmas gifts and plans?
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Nov 3rd, 2019 at 11:12 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information