User Tag List

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh frugabigmama-try doing cara's 2 year old socks -I swear the washing machine eats them up-lol when I do laundry at my son's

We got asked to watch cara on sunday at 8.30 a.m so son and his wife can take older sister Ashlyn to see frozen ,yes no problem I said .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Been quiet this week as stuff is going on but not ready to talk about it yet as it is still on going. Will either be really good or really bad, I am hoping and praying for the good but we will see.

On Tuesday after work I did a large grocery shop as there were a number of stockpile items on sale and thought now was a good time to stock up, we got:
    4 x Dish Soap $1.44
    8 x Classico Pasta Sauce $2
    4 x Classico Alfredo Sauce $2
    2 x Dark Brown Sugar $1.88
    12 x Pasta $0.88
    6 x Pasta $1.00 (got styles they did not have in the $0.88 selection)
    2 x Apples 6lbs $3.99 + 200 pts/$
    3 x Tortillas $1
    5 x Yogurt $1.97 = 200 pts/$

I have really been trying to force myself to still do 30 minutes of cleaning each night and most nights this week I did but Friday night I just could not do it, emotionally I was done.

Today I have been working on Christmas Prep, I am crocheting Mini Baskets to put some gifts in. As well I made a triple batch of Taco Seasoning and a Quadruple batch of Everything Bagel Seasoning. We had everything on hand. I still need to make a batch of Garlic Garlic. Also I am going to go over what else I want to make a list of what I need to get. I won't get much done after work this week as I am working out of town but figure it is the perfect situation to stop on the way home at stores I do not normally shop at to get what I need without having to drive out of my way.

I have been tidying up at home but I kind of feel like it is a losing battle, don't get me wrong, I am getting stuff done but it the stuff no one really notices. With that being said we have so much stuff in our house that literally just needs to be thrown out or recycled, someone needs to when things are in their way not just throw them and say "oh I will pick that up later," they are not getting picked up. But with everything else going on this is a conversation for a later time.

Alright off to plan my Christmas list and see how ambitious I am going to be. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

A freshco finally opened in my town I have yet to visit there. They offered a free 18 pack of eggs to the first 500 customers on opening day which was Thursday. I didn’t want to be the first 500 customers for some stupid eggs.

I sold something last night for $50. They gave me some DVDs they didn’t want anymore most of them were lame so I left them on someone’s door handle. I then left them a text about the DVDs on the door handle and porch pirates may strike. I honestly totally don’t care they smelled and I couldn’t keep the bag in my room. But when I see them I will give them a season of house I have.

I went to bed yesterday at 8:30pm and woke up today at 3am. The night before I was awake for 18hours I went to sleep and woke up 18hours later.

I am making up a list of who owes me what and who I owe. It’s the principle of it when you owe someone it’s courtesy to pay someone back when you have the money. But I have money now but no food I am not going to go hungry in order to pay back someone over principle.

The 88 sale @ no frills there is nothing good there it’s lame. Nothing I want or would buy from no frills. I’m going to Walmart. I also need pills which are $18 for 30 tablets. So I am thinking either saving a $20 or asking my mom for $20 for the pills. I’ll figure it out.

I was researching phone companies for my mom seeing which is a better deal we both need new phones I think Fido is better to stick with then Virgin or freedom or Telus or bell and I even looked at chatr. Chatr is great if you wanna stay with the same stupid phone then what you have now. But my iPhone 7 after the last update makes all my apps incredibly slow to use I hate it. And I haven’t gone over my data at all I am just choked at it all. I don’t know what is a good phone anymore Samsung or iphone. I have had an iPhone since 3GS. I just hope a good deal comes my way. Also I gotta find my mom a good phone with a good camera. So researching never dies in my world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    laundry is going. i have housework goals for the day. should be easy enough to do . if i can get rid of this headache.
    oldest is coming over later with her boy friend.
    popping a small roast n the crock pot for supper... beef dip sandwiches and cole slaw. maybe sticky toffee pudding as well... or cookies.. hmm.
    i want to do a batch of butter cookies . see how they are. my plan is some cookies.. then see how they are and freeze cookie logs for later.

if there is time. i should start on tree decorating... cause it is not done yet.
    cards to go out.
    and prep for week with kids
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am going to brave the mall today. Wish me luck. I will also stop at Loblaws to see if I can get anymore Dove. At this point it’s all a donation. But when I am only paying tax it’s too good to pass up. Plan to go to Metro to spend another 10.00 of air miles, that ones easy as metro is a km from home.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am going to brave the mall today. Wish me luck. I will also stop at Loblaws to see if I can get anymore Dove. At this point it’s all a donation. But when I am only paying tax it’s too good to pass up. Plan to go to Metro to spend another 10.00 of air miles, that ones easy as metro is a km from home.
    Good morning @lilo0003 please let me know how it goes with the Dove offer at Loblaws I went to 2 and was only allowed 1 coupon . Also please PM me if you get to used more than 1 coupon and which store TIA

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Met a friend at Tims and tried the white hot chocolate, it was delicious except that I spilled some on my scarf. I had a belated birthday lunch later that day. Overall a wonderful day.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Dec 8th, 2019 at 12:39 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I found this

On my PCO app does anyone else have this? Too bad I don’t have $60.

Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We just got in at 2.30 ,told my son i would watch cara while they took ashlyn to a morning show "frozen",he said he would be home after lunch so I am assuming 1.00 well in walks my daughter-in-law and son and Ashlyn at 2.00 p.m plus she had a Dollarama bag on her arm .

I guess I am just tired was up at 4.00a.m this morning ,just wish they were home a little earlier as I have to babysit at 6.00 a.m on Monday .Supper will be ribs and fries (cheap too lous ribs were reduced last week at sobeys 2.99,fries were 1.99 a bag and leftover corn ) easy peasy supper

Think I will go lie down
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I found this

On my PCO app does anyone else have this? Too bad I don’t have $60.

i have t his as well..
    not doing it personally.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Really struggling today, we still have this situation going on and today I having a hard time finding hope that things will work out. As well really feeling like I am not good enough today. So with that being said I got quite a bit done as I cannot sit still.

Laundry is done, folded and put away
    I cleaned another self in the bathroom closet and made room for the body wash, Shampoo and Conditioner. Now to find out how to dispose of expired sunscreen.
    I have been working on 3 different piles in the living room, the pile by the door is gone, I took a chunk out of pile beside the love seat and am working on the pile on top of the black stand.
    Also the kitchen is clean
    I also made potato soup so I have something for lunch this week
    Still need to make up some snacks, I really need to eat better during the day.

I feel like I got a lot done today but at the same time I feel like it is not enough. Oh well let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

Alright off to make snacks for my lunch, hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sending a hug.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I interviewed a new daycare family this afternoon. She signed the contract before leaving, but needs to send payment. He is scheduled to start here on Tuesday. It might be interesting...

edit: I received a payment.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 8th, 2019 at 09:41 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Giseledta

Hope everything goes well Angela
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning @lilo0003 please let me know how it goes with the Dove offer at Loblaws I went to 2 and was only allowed 1 coupon . Also please PM me if you get to used more than 1 coupon and which store TIA
    no stock at all at the Loblaws on Eglinton but I kind of knew that would be the case. I did get some Thursday at the Maple Leaf Gardens location and the manager let me use 5 of two different kinds of coupons so I was happy with that. They are going to charity so whatever I can get works for me. I will try again this week as it’s walkable from my office. @flemeth I don’t think you drive but someone in my neighbourhood was able to PM and coupon at RCSS oakville but they had not stock as of Friday noon and I never went back to check. I have also heard of people ordering it in their PC express orders and having the price and coupons honoured and I know you want these for donations as well so hopefully you get lucky.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information