User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have some regrets for not going to the Bay on Saturday afternoon for 60% off pillows, but went instead yesterday. Could not find the side sleeper ones for the brand in the flyer but the Serta Perfect Sleepers were on sale, so got one all positions pillow and one sidesleeper. Ended up missing the bus home so walked to Upper James, got the next bus that went to Glancaster Rd, walked some more and caught the third bus going my way.

Had a side detour into Le Chateau and saw purses (just looked) that were wonderful and glanced at some spring fashions.
    Had done a grocery shop at Longos for some staples and green bin bags and also ventured in the Value Village store (found a replacement watch strap-same style, different colour, some tops and cardigans and coin purses and a large D-ring) earlier on Sunday, given the wet forecast for today. Felt tired.

Ran two loads of laundry early morning (woke up) then back to bed. The downpour before 9am was discouraging but later I ventured out. My tax credit is now applied to the next property tax instalment (otherwise I'd be at the mall spending it).

Asked a Bay employee about Seniors Day and she said it's always the first Tuesday of the month, even if the flyer does not state it. Thought I'd share.

The SC Blog does not yet have any mention of tomorrow's Shoppers F&F 20% off coupon event-I gave my coupon to someone who needs a battery, as I plan out of town for tomorrow. Keep checking the blog, unless you got the paper coupon in-store on the weekend.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That Dr. Pepper meatball recipe-I could not get the tomato liquid and Dr. Pepper liquid to reduce very fast after an extra 30min of cooking on Sat. afternoon, so I poured most of it off. The pop and the cinnamon in the taco sauce made a tasty combo when the leftover liquid was spooned over the meatballs.

So I have to rethink liquid volumes if I remake the dish on the stove (less pop or reduce the pop on its own and use less diced tomatoes). Alternate thought was use applesauce to replace the 3 cups of ketchup and add a little diced tomatoes next time.

One of my new tops was missing a button (had a near lookalike) so I stitched it on. Despite the top have a few fine runs (satin top), there's a colourful print and good price that prompted me to nab the top during the 50% off sale. Today's the public sale day at Value Village! Not sure if I can make time for looking at sale pants today...it's still raining and my shoes need cleaning (one week's worth of dirty sand and sand spots).

Since I have taken my hood off a few times this windy weekend (I was overheating in my coat while carrying loaded tote bags and walking), I have a slight head cold bouncing between nostrils. Fun time-tea and warm things are coming up for me (and garlic on pasta for supper). At least all of the ice in the downspouts came out yesterday during the melt-off (yay!).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread Information