Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@lizzie bargain
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Is the an alternative to the Worcestershire? Skip it entirely? Mum and sister doesn’t eat vinegar.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Well I guess some things just happen for a reason. Mom still has her cold and was not feeling the best this morning so she asked me to run out and grab her some over the counter medication her friend suggested. Well I was out she phoned me to say, she called the doctor he called a prescription into for her and has told her self-isolate right now as a precaution.

She does have a cough and since she has still been working he told her as a precaution she needs to self-isolate. So far she does not have all the symptoms so he told her they will not test her but we need to watch, if she spikes a fever or has shortness of breathe she needs to go and try to get tested. I am hoping this is all just a precaution and once she starts her antibiotics it was actually just a sinus infection. He is concerned as she says she can taste infection which could be a sinus infection or Covid-19, I had not heard this before.

Since I was out anyways I had grabbed a few things as my plan was to now not go out until the end of the week, I got:
    2 x 2-pack Romaine Hearts
    2 x Mushrooms
    2 x Lysol Cleaner (for my mop)
    1 x 5lbs Apples
    2 x Sour Cream
    1 x Milk

I grabbed Mom's prescription and now we are house bound. I was spinning out earlier but am now confident we will be okay. I do not handle forks in the road well right now.

Also this morning we had our Covid-19 meeting and once we were done, I took a break and washed the dishes. I am trying to find my new routine and still struggling a bit. My body just functions best when I am on a routine and this working from home is making me feel off. I am used to working from home when I need to push something through so I do not take breaks, heck even lately I forget to eat. I ate my first meal at 1:45 today. So I need to find a routine for myself.

Alright well back to work for a little bit and then I think I am done for the day. Have a great evening everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

money person got back to me. pan is in place. looks like our province is shutting down . i am glad i did the money thing this am

i made a nice pot of soup. i will made bisquits to go with later, hubby will have a fz pizza . he is not a fan of soup. its just him and me for supper.
    it looks like both my girls are working ft for the next 2 weeks. . both work at sdm.
    i will do whatever they need.

mentally... i am trying to adjust to not having a income. this is new ground for me. however....
    looking on the positive.. everything is covered.. it just is not pretty. ..

going forward... i am really looking at my garden for this year... i suspect it will be put to good use...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to RCSS quick this afternoon since i didnt want to wait. Still empty shelves. Limit of 2 on everything. And huge long line up. Cashier was great and quick and welcomed price matching and coupons. So i got 2 cheese bars. 2 loves of real bread. 2 OJ. 2 pilsbury. Sour cream. Redeemed $20 in pts paid .68 cents.
    I will go grab romaine and taco kit at Food basics with coupon later today or in morning. Lots of fahitas the next while since we have lots of chicken amd steak in freezer.
    I really need to go get more cheese. I can make so much with it.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Mar 23rd, 2020 at 04:11 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Frugalbigmama - dont forget shoppers for cheese.. ours usually has lots
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Frugalbigmama - dont forget shoppers for cheese.. ours usually has lots
    I went yesterday and they were sold out of cheese, eggs, milk! Oh and superstore had no milk or eggs today either. My oldest picked up some groceries yesterday and bought eggs but i want to get a few cartons since youngest is eating so much
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CL-I think you can easily leave out the W sauce-the first time I made it I did not have any and it still tasted good. I like it better with but it is also fine without.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi-talked to my hubby's brother's wife today ,she is done her job she is in her early 60's and has had shingles 4 times -wowww
    When I told her mine is not advancing down near my eyes (thankfully) and I have only taken 2 Tylenol since Thursday (plus the meds)-wow she said I must have a milder case ,as she felt her arm was on fire .So it was nice chatting about it .

Then son called and said" mom do you need anything at Walmart " cause I am popping in there on the way home -yes just milk .
    Which I then put rubber gloves on took the 3 bags out of the outer one ,thru that outside in the blue bin and Lysol sprayed the door and handle as my dear son stood inside -I was 8 or 9 feet away at the edge of the dining room .I have a good son ,now hubby doesnt have to go out on Tuesday.If my dear hubby did go out ,we are trying to put it off as long as possible ,as m,y immune system is down from the shingles -lordy .My son said "mom you seem to catch everything" true but that comes from babysitting a little one age 2 (his little one)

We had a lovley supper moist chicken breast ,mashed potatoes and corn .I made Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies for a treat .
    Giseledta, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Sounds like everyone is finding their way of coping with life right now. I took a media break Sunday. It was good for peace of mind.

We are starting our new normal around here too. Sending warm wishes!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

When I was no Frills today, they had most things, although the frozen section was a bit bare, no TP or wipes but they have other cleaners (I do not get why everyone insists on wipes, spray will do the same thing), Flour was sparse and still no Yeast. But they had eggs, milk, bread they had section was full but select types were out, like they had the brand Mom eats but not the type she likes. They had meat but were limiting Ground Beef to 2 packages per family per day, produce was fully stocked maybe a few things here or there missing but all and all you could sustain a family on what they had in stock.

Mom told me when she spoke with the doctor he was very upset to hear her work was still open and letting the public in. He actually called it stupid, which is not something he would normally say. I know it isn't going to be normal for some time but I really miss normal, I even miss my normal anxiety. Mom wanted to watch the news at 6 but I told her I just could not do it.

Alright well, off to have some waffles. Have a great night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks for the reminder SA! When i find more eggs i will make a batch of French toast and pancakes! That is perfect for DS to reheat and eat. Will have to dig out my grill tomorrow.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama-mmmm french toast havent had that in awhile ,that may be supper one night .

Havent been in a store in 5 days since i got the meds at rexall,havent shopped for a few groceries since march 14 when I spent 80 so that's 10 days ago and we are surviving ,using up stuff .Found 2 large chicken breasts in my freezer from jan (used one today)
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I went to Fortinos today and they had everything I needed. No lines and the store was not busy. Bought bread and buns from Cobs, it was my 1st trip out in a week. I was very pleased with the meat I ordered from the restaurant supply store. It was definitely more money but it was so easy and not hunting for it. I just ordered online and then when I arrived I went to the loading dock and they put it right in my trunk. I feel pretty good about using more of the local stores. FaceTime with family over the past two days helps with my sanity. Doing a FaceTime lunch this week with my BFF
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Sounds like everyone is finding their way of coping with life right now. I took a media break Sunday. It was good for peace of mind.

We are starting our new normal around here too. Sending warm wishes!
    Oh I'm definitely trying over my end. Although it's just me on my own here in St.Kitts. I can't visit my family (Dad and Step Mom are on "self-isolation" since my Dad is diabetic and more prone to everything, he is working from home and they are limiting their outside interactions, and my Mom and Step Mom are too far away for me to visit in just one day), nor can I visit my good friend in Whitby.

Mainly just work for me. I just finished 9 shifts in a row. I have two scheduled days off, but I may just take tonight off, then go back in for 6 more in a row, taking next Tuesday (Scheduled off) off then going back for another 6 after that. Everything is either really slow or crazy busy at work (Orders are really behind schedule and nothing is lining up how it normally does).

But getting more than enough money in, so I'm not having to worry about my rent, and my OSAP loans will be on deferral until September 30th, so I can just save up till then to pay them off by the end of the year in full.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -and it is a glorious one for me ,hubby said my shingles is lightening in colour ,it is not as red -yeah as I will be done meds on Wednesday

Plan for today
    a walk
    wash kitchen floor and bathroom floors
    maybe a bit of netflicks
    or start a new puzzle

Called my daughter-in-law at home this morning ,she is getting Ashlyn who is 6 to work on a program that is free for school ,my son printed some math sheets off for her grade .

I told her about the ripleys aquarium having a free live feed of the sharks and another place in myrtle beach about the penguins ,she already knew about it and they put it on their big t.v and cara was saying "shark don't get me" so cute .

Supper will be light tonight maybe french toast or scrambled eggs as we had a nice meal last night
    Giseledta, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information