User Tag List

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

had to go to rcss today to pick up baby oat cereal, so bought a bit more groceries too. My local rcss had some unexpected deals: 3 pack cucumbers $1.44 (flyer price is $2.64), asparagus $0.97/lb (never seen that price before so bought 1 bunch), tomato $0.97/lb (flyer price is $1.98). I wonder if they have too much and lowered the price to get rid of them faster. Anyway, I was happy with my finds.
    also got chicken dumsticks $1.77/lb (there was no thighs), skinned and deboned them at home, made chicken broth with the bones, i like to add onion and ginger in the broth, makes it smell very good and ginger is good for the health, i use the broth to make baby food. Chicken meat will be cooked and go into vietnamese spring rolls with shrimps, lettuce, rice noodles and a peanut butter hoisin sauce for dipping.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My mom grabbed everyone groceries. I ended up with my moms groceries, bananas, red peppers, buns and tomatoes.

I am hopeful that I can grab some groceries at walmart. Or maybe no frills I am looking for toilet paper and perogies and lunch meat, butter and yeast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

how is this virus changing you ......
    It is making you see things differently, I have learned some of my triggers have changed. I went from do not spend money to hang on wait what if I cannot get it later as they are sold out or because no we are self isolation. It has also made me see that I take the weight of the world on my shoulders, like I feel it is my responsibility to make sure we have everything we need and it became my mission to make sure we did.

Also the same at work, today during our meeting we discussed an emergency task force so to say, if something happens we would be the ones sent in to deal with it. It was suggested it should be my bro and myself and if we cannot go other bro and his wife. Well that made me feel a little sick as I had not told anyone yet that we put in self isolation. So that email was sent to my boss and my dad after the meeting. My boss said no worries but it hit me hard that if I am needed I cannot be there, that has always been me, there with a smile we will get through this and now it is like I can help from a far. It really hit me.

are you .. planning on changing you pantry to prepare for if ( when......) this happens again...
    Not really, we already stock pile and my stock pile is what will get us through this. Now my big concern is where will my stockpile be when this is over. I really need to look at the budget and make sure I have some money set aside to re stock when this is over. Although I will probably make sure I have few more frozen veggies on hand just in case as lately we have been relying on fresh. I did recently stock up on frozen and think I will keep that up as our just in case supply. Right now we can make it through 2 weeks between fresh and frozen which makes me happy.
    are you planning on changing anything money wise...
    I already re did out budget at the start of the start of the year, I already have a fair size emergency fund so really it just comes down to buying the basics which we already were and just making do. Although when this is over I am really hoping Mom's situation will improve as that will help a lot. I can handle my bills and the house but when I have to add her bills in is when I have an issue but as I said I have money set aside and this is why if I have to help her during this time I am lucky I have the resources to do so.

putting in a few things tech wise ...
    No, but I am lucky I did get a tablet for my birthday so that was a nice surprise

planning a garden...
    I wish but where we live it is just not fee-sable. We have so many wild animals around here including the guy behind us who feeds to squirrel so they get all my hard work and I get none. I have tried every trick I can find but still what we get in the end vs the time and $$$ doesn't add up for us. Although I might try more herbs.
    have you changed the plans you have made for the year.
    We really did not have any plans for this year, so no changes except not work travel for me.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Finally hump day.
    Beautiful sunny morning here. Checking emails then taking a walk around the block then back at work.
    Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Funny being at home you would think i would eat all the time but im actually eating less. Have to remind myself i should eat. I am not snacking at all either.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have the same issue, when I am at work, I eat, I have my snacks, but since I have been working from home I have missed so many meals. My goal today is to actually eat 3 meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Funny being at home you would think i would eat all the time but im actually eating less. Have to remind myself i should eat. I am not snacking at all either.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did Ontario switch us to the lower hydro rates? Anyone know?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Yes @Frugalbigmama as of yesterday we will be paying the OFF peak rate all day
    Giseledta, ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yes, as of yesterday we are now all off peak for the 45 days.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-only one pill left for me -my rash is very faint its day 7 but I wont go out til (doctor said 7-10days) sat or sunday or even Monday for groceries

I just made muffins and I have used the same recipe for years and they didn't rise high only a crunchy top
    I used canola oil instead of vegetable oil
    my baking powder is from giant tiger (Their brand) and it expires in 2021
    instead of egg -I used liquid whole egg
    The flour was all purpose I just bought 2 weeks ago -five roses

Maybe someone can tell me or give a hint to the reason ?
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Mar 25th, 2020 at 11:57 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl, even though it is not expired it sounds like the baking powder, you can test it:
    To test if baking powder is still active, spoon 1/2 teaspoon in a bowl and pour 1/4 cup (60 ml) of boiling water over it. Right away it should bubble up violently. If it does, it's still good. If it doesn't, discard it and open a new tin.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Yes @Frugalbigmama as of yesterday we will be paying the OFF peak rate all day
    Awesome! Thanks

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Today is just going to be one of those days. I am feeling very unfocused and kind of feel like I am going out of my skin. It is making it a challenge to work, I keep messing things up which is only frustrating me more. It probably is not helping that every time I try to take a break or walk away to do something a phone call or email I have to deal with ASAP comes through. I was going to try to do some cleaning to see if that helped but I literally cannot get 2 steps from computer before something I need to deal with comes through.

As well it is also one of those days that is taking forever to go by. By 10 am I felt like it should be noon or 1 pm. I do wish time would speed up so I could walk away because the day is over and trying to change my mind set.

Mom says she feels the same but I am going to take it as good sign she has discussed getting some stuff done around the house, since she has been off she has just been on the couch. So I am taking this as a good sign but am worried by the time I am done work her ambition will be gone.

Alright well, I got a little break but something else has come in I need to deal with so off I go. Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@sassy ashly....try adding a kid to the mix that keeps asking why his friend can't comeover.........

I think my last load of laundry for the day is in the wash. One sheet will be cut up into rags.
    My BIL gave me a chest to put at the end of bed. Its like new. I put extra clean towels in it for now but think i want it for my yoga pants etc. Once i clean out my closet i will decide.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Frugalbigmama, I can only imagine I was chatting with my cousin last night and he said his daughter (5) is more than happy to be off school but is very upset she cannot see her friends. She lost her first tooth yesterday.

Also their 2 year old is missing his friends as his Mom takes them to all the programs in their town so he is also missing his friends, plus his little gf, he is so cute he sits there just calling her name, oh so cute. Although on Monday his Daddy had to take to the hospital for 2 stitches, poor little guy. He was playing and fell and now has 2 stitches and to think I thought their little girl was the crazy one, she climbs and just does anything and everything and if you tell her no, just means now I have to find a way.

So far the baby (4 months) old is handling this the best.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information