User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Is your area out of Toilet Paper?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to Metro today and nothing. My dad went to No Frills at 8am and there was none.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

here's a useful calculator.

https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/
    Silk, sweetmomma, walkonby and 1 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Here in my area of Quebec, we have everything including toilet paper, Clorox wipes, etc. Not missing anything. People are being mindful of others, also we are restricted to 2 such items. We have 2 freezers which could feed a family of 10 for about 3 months. At this time, we have shared our frozen food supply with someone who has been laid off and has 2 children. We are doing ok. Actually i think my problem is that im a semi-hoarder! lol.

When the COVID-19 first came to Canada, my daughter (who works for a company that manufactures bacteria for yogurt and pro-biotics) was advised by the company biologists, chemists and doctors to have at least a 14 day emergency food supply. This is something everyone should have on hand no matter if there is a need or not. You can use and replenish as needed but always have a 14 day emergency supply (non-perishables like pasta, pasta sauce in jars or cans, canned tuna, rice, cat or dog food, etc)
    Skippy, super_e, Silk and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have not personally been in the stores but I have seen some posts that our No Frills has stock of toilet paper and are limiting purchases.

As for other items, Sobey's is limiting on Bread, Milk, Eggs and Butter. Food Basics is limiting 2 on all items in the store. SDM was limiting to 2 hand soaps (only know this as I grab some just in case for work, we currently have 10 jugs but still have staff in all locations working under what I will call lock down, public is not allowed in). I heard Giant Tiger got Hand Sanitize in.

Honestly my biggest issue so far had been yeast, I had to go to 13 stores to find yeast. With that being said I grabbed two, plus what I have on hand we should be good now.

Last time I was in No Frills (a few days ago) produce was in stock with a few exceptions, they were out of ginger & fresh herbs. They had meat but there some holes, we have meat so did not look closely but the meat bunkers were full of chicken legs and Pork. They have most items expect when I was in no toilet paper, as I mentioned before, now hearing they do have toilet paper.

I honestly think if people would calm down for a week, they would see stores would be re stocked and everything would be "normal" again. But with this being said they are now circulating the rumour that the province will shut down in 1 to 2 weeks now that Child Tax Benefits have been paid giving people the chance to shop and this is what the government has been waiting for. As I said this is a rumour but seems like every time someone starts a rumour like this the panic starts again.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

SassyAshley, i dont know which province you are in. Im in Quebec just outside of Montreal and right now we have everything we need. No empty shelves or anything. I dont know the reason for this but maybe our Prov Govt was more prepared. Thats the only thing i can think of. I do hope everything improves for everyone. The Child Tax Credit will only be sent in May i think (don know for sure but thats what my daughter was telling me).
    SassyAshley likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My wife was just at the RCSS in Aurora and while she was there they just brought out a skid of Royale 30 = 60 and the guy said that he wasnt even going to bother putting it away and would just leave the skid there. She was able to get one and pm it to NoFrills for 9.88 and it had a peelie for a free thing of Scrubbing Bubbles
    Silk, SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am in Ontario, North of Toronto. I am in a small town but to be honest even when I went over to the larger town to shop, figured it was worth it to get what I need their stores seem to be worse than ours. Everyone here just seems to be in a panic and for some reason some people think if they get rude and abusive it will change things.

Hopefully it will soon calm down although I am not sure as they are now saying be prepared for this to be the new norm for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    SassyAshley, i dont know which province you are in. Im in Quebec just outside of Montreal and right now we have everything we need. No empty shelves or anything. I dont know the reason for this but maybe our Prov Govt was more prepared. Thats the only thing i can think of. I do hope everything improves for everyone. The Child Tax Credit will only be sent in May i think (don know for sure but thats what my daughter was telling me).
    SnowFlakey and Thatdone like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@ Princessjenn Maybe your store is like mine where you have to ask. i know my store has it in the back one per customer now and you have to ask. Crazy that it got this way
    princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

rcss in newmarket had quite a few packages this morning and a sign limiting to one package per person.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Skippy, Silk, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Thank you @walkonby I need this laugh this morning
    Tweets77 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

You know, if worse comes to worse, we can always jump into the shower to keep clean instead of using toilet paper. What did peeps do before. They used newspaper and Eastons Catalogue! lollllllllll
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Bidet sales are going up LOL
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    You know, if worse comes to worse, we can always jump into the shower to keep clean instead of using toilet paper. What did peeps do before. They used newspaper and Eastons Catalogue! lollllllllll
    Someone needs to start a petition to bring Eatons back!
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information