User Tag List

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Like @Frugalbigmama I am not using the grocery delivery or pick up. The wait times are brutal and the number of posts I see about orders cancelled the day of delivery after waiting two weeks, ugh. We have start buying boxed meet from a restaurant supply butcher and the quality has been amazing. Yes I am paying a bit more, but it’s worth it for us and it keeps locals working. You place the order online and pay then the next day drive in and back up to the loading dock and they put it in the trunk and you drive away. @coupongirl I bought a 1500 piece puzzle do this that maybe a bit much for a novice like me.
    Yesterday was my birthday and we ordered Thai for dinner. As much as I am spending much more on groceries lots of other things are next to zero. This was the 1st take of the month and likely the only.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lilo0003 Happy Belated Birthday
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Three times today there have been light flaky snow flurries. Headache eased a bit at temples after #2 snow flurry but the headache is still tapping away. I did not nap the pain away-kind of surprised, as that is what usually helps. My ibuprofen has not been used but I may have to if any more headaches come along. Did have a vitamin supplement drink to get some sugar and electrolytes into me.

Last week, I realized my hair was now the length I had hoped for it during my December haircut, but it was too short then. It was a random long look at my face in the mirror and my brain reminded me about the Linda Hamilton hair goal (last summer's Cineplex magazine cover). What a small lovely moment.

The laptop is still miffy with me. I had it plugged upstairs for a few hours and checked it twice-97% battery charge. No issues for three weeks, then this week "hmmmm."

Have a warm and comfortable night (tea, hot drink, favourite relaxing activity), everyone! Time to log off for the day.

CBC ran a past episode of Jamie & Jimmy's Friday Night Feast and I learned what langos are :langoustins, which look like smaller lobsters that are fished off the Scottish coast. I did not feel like sitting through a repeat TVO airing of Victorian Arts and Crafts (already saw it; was hoping for a different French Gardens episode as yesterday's show made me happy).
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy birthday Lilo! i just finished a 1000 piece puzzle.. start with the outside.. and work your way in.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i did up a click and collect order... then i cancelled it.. it was... high... there is no way it should have been that high
    i wil need to redo it.

today was full on .. use it up stuff. oldest could bring home torillas.. so .. i made chili.. it was so good.
    had a bath.. some pampering.. used a bunch of products .. feel better.
    made a tea using up some tea i bought for youngest...
    Last edited by Giseledta; Fri, Apr 17th, 2020 at 10:29 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Went for my walk it’s kind of chilly out. Laundry is on the go . My kitchen is cleaned . Just need to do all the mirrors later . Yesterday I made homemade Pizza for dinner from stretch it was good.

My day will be mostly reading and watching TV

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-happy birthday and just do a little at a time but yes do the outside pieces first.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good mornign all.
    today.. hmm.
    i really want to get the entry done. it is not a huge area, so i think i will tackle that.
    depends on how my back feels .. My little ( 70 ish lbs... ) had her head o my back when i woke up.. my back is currently ... sore...

youngest works tonight, everyone else is off and at home.

laundry is on track for today.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH and I went to the grocery store at 8 a.m.-there was a line waiting. In and out in 20 minutes and 5,000 PC points offer when you spend 50 used.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. anyone use the metro app.. if so .. please message me. i am struggling.. thanks
    or Swagbucks

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Belated Birthday Lilo

I will admit I could of times I have been temped to use Click and Collect but was more looking for generic items, dry goods, nothing fresh but I admit the horror stories scare me off.

Last week bro & gf waited I think 12 days for their order, their pick up time was between 7 & 8 pm, she got an email just after 6 pm (the day of pick up) saying their store was running 4 hours behind on click and collect orders, she tried to call as the store now closes at 8 but no answer. Just before 7 someone from the store called her to day her order had been moved to the next day but when she asked what her pick up time was (both her and bro are still working) they were told you do not have a time slot, we will email you tomorrow. At this point I was worried their order would get cancelled. Their order was not cancelled and they did go the next day to get it (not sure on the time they went) but bro said it was the worst experience. They sat in the parking lot for over an hour and a half as so many items on their order where wrong or missing. Even after they "fixed" everything they still ended up going to a local store to get more groceries as their order click and collect order was still so messed up. The one that made me laugh was they ordered 2 green peppers and did not realize until they got home, they got 2 bags 16 green peppers.

Also, Step Mom was not impressed with her order most of veggies had to be used in a day or 2 as they were already starting to turn which defeated trying to only shop once a week or every two weeks. Plus she was missing various items and some of which I cannot see the store was actually out of and by accident all of her organic veggies were not organic, they did adjust the price and she did not mind some substitution but finds it hard that none of the what she ordered was available. She said she felt like they were trying to get rid of the older produce.

Sis has an order in for this week, we will see how her experience is.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    After I posted yesterday I started to slowly work on things I needed to get done for other staff and once I really got going the day did go by and I actually accomplished more than I though I work. I even started to lay out some stuff I need to do on Monday. I need to do some background programming which I like to layout for myself before I start so I am not jumping all over the place.

I had some trouble falling asleep last night but once I fell asleep I was out, I slept almost 10 hours last night which I never do unless I am sick, guess I needed it but I must admit sleeping that long leaves me feeling off. I woke up with a headache and am sore, plus I am just lacking ambition, think I over slept.

Need to come up with a plan for today but first and foremost I need to figure out how to get rid of this headache.

I need to make some buns today, we do not have any. Might also see if Mom wants to make another batch of No-Need Ciabatta bread. I also really want Cinnamon Buns, I was supposed to make them for my Birthday but I didn't so maybe today is the day.

I have a bunch of Fruit and Veg I should cut up, we are way more likely to eat it, if it is cut and ready to go. I did the Romaine last night. although I must admit after the I opened the package I was disappointed, the sections I could not see under the packaging were not nice and had to be cut off. There was quite a bit of waste.

Alright, time to turn this day around, have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hi-yes the click and pick up can be more expensive ,but there is a few sales ,yes my bananas were starting to turn ripe ,oh and i also sassy got 2 pkg of corn so 8 corn instead of 4 so using the last cob up tonight.

I don't mind them substiting,but not when my 2 zucchini was 3.20 then they had me pay 4.99 for 2 organic zucchini,even thou it is $1.79 more ,i feel they should substitute for around the same price -oh well i am still gonna use it service.

I have a sore throat yesterday and today ,so took oil of oregano tablets and i have a few emerg c left ,i guess i am not getting enough sleep that's why i got this .Plus gargle with salt water.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

click and collect freaks me out. i am hearing all the horror stories. i have found a work around for it so far. yes.. i am avoiding it.

the interesting will be my moms order. after me saying.. no i am not doing costco .. she has found a few wrok arounds, however we will pick up her click and collect at independent.... i am interested to see how it goes . hubby and i will pick it up. ... this should prove interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Happy Belated Birthday Lilo

I will admit I could of times I have been temped to use Click and Collect but was more looking for generic items, dry goods, nothing fresh but I admit the horror stories scare me off.

Last week bro & gf waited I think 12 days for their order, their pick up time was between 7 & 8 pm, she got an email just after 6 pm (the day of pick up) saying their store was running 4 hours behind on click and collect orders, she tried to call as the store now closes at 8 but no answer. Just before 7 someone from the store called her to day her order had been moved to the next day but when she asked what her pick up time was (both her and bro are still working) they were told you do not have a time slot, we will email you tomorrow. At this point I was worried their order would get cancelled. Their order was not cancelled and they did go the next day to get it (not sure on the time they went) but bro said it was the worst experience. They sat in the parking lot for over an hour and a half as so many items on their order where wrong or missing. Even after they "fixed" everything they still ended up going to a local store to get more groceries as their order click and collect order was still so messed up. The one that made me laugh was they ordered 2 green peppers and did not realize until they got home, they got 2 bags 16 green peppers.

Also, Step Mom was not impressed with her order most of veggies had to be used in a day or 2 as they were already starting to turn which defeated trying to only shop once a week or every two weeks. Plus she was missing various items and some of which I cannot see the store was actually out of and by accident all of her organic veggies were not organic, they did adjust the price and she did not mind some substitution but finds it hard that none of the what she ordered was available. She said she felt like they were trying to get rid of the older produce.

Sis has an order in for this week, we will see how her experience is.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I was up early to go to shoppers and the bread and eggs were unpacked while I was in the store, the last two weeks they had no eggs. I was so excited to reach the 50.00 threshold and I earned almost 30000 points. That’s more points then I have earned in the past 5 weeks total. I did treat myself to a new makeup brush. Younger son cut the back lawn today. It was really long. I love how tidy it looks now. But we just remembered that we needed to replace or repair the trimmer. I may just use all my CT points and buy a new one.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information