User Tag List

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saw mention of Shoppers Drug Mart having a digital flyer. Well next week's flyer on the site is just beauty stuff.
    But wait! This week's flyer has two pages of electronics I did not see and there are two items a friend might like to know about. Wowsers!
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It has been posted that start Monday at all US Costco customers must wear masks.

Nothing official has been posted for Canada but a number of people are reporting well at Costco today, no signs were posted but Costco employees were walking the line telling people starting Monday masks will be Mandatory to enter the Warehouse.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have spent probably 12 hours of my life working out a problem with my Apple ID. It is now solved and I can move on with my life. I really need my phone and computer to sync right now for online learning (making lessons) and it stopped doing that on the weekend for some reason. I am now using a different ID and managed to not lose anything.

Today was watching niece and nephew. Nice break for my kids from their work. We made fancy rocks to drop off at the end of neighbours' driveways (rural driveways remember lol) next week. We used Sharpies (a whole rainbow full) to decorate and I will Mod-Podge spray them sometime this week. My niece also made one for her neighbour friend that she can't see right now and will put on the end of her driveway.

My screen time is draining. @coupon girl Your daughter and I have a lot in common. She sounds like me and you sound like my mom. I bet you will find a cute second hand watercan, we have found some cute ones!

The girls and I finished reading (audiobook) Harry Potter #1. They loved it. I got them a Harry Potter Lego Advent calendar from Indigo on clearance. When it arrives, they can each open a door everyday until it is done. When it is done, we will watch the movie. I will see if we can rent it depending on the cost. #1 was free on loan from the library, the waitlist is huge for the next soooooo, I bought #2. I will put us on the waitlist for #3 now!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Today's Task was to clean out the fridge, we really did not need to get rid of anything but I took everything out and washed out the inside of the fridge. As well some leftovers have been moved to smaller containers as they were taking up way too much room. Part way through doing this I had to stop for a last minute phone conference for work.

I think I have a plan for our next shop, our main focus will be meat. There was some fresh produce on my list but I am hearing on the Costco Boards most of what I am looking at they do not have stock of recently, we will see what they have when we go.

My headache came back full force this afternoon. Mom wanted pizza for dinner and I gave in so we ordered but I view this as a win for me as, as we were eating she looked at me and said ours is way better, I will remind her of this if she suggests ordering again. I think this is our last take out, I thought I was okay with it but I have to be honest it eating right now is now enjoyable, I am just too worried. We have only done take out twice, the first time I did no enjoy it (worry) and after talking to some close family I thought I was okay with Take-out but nope the worry is still there. I would just prefer we cook at home.

I think since our Chest freezer is now half empty and we are not buying enough to completely fill it, I will spend this weekend freezer cooking. If I keep taking an afternoon break and tackling things around the house, I can spend the weekend focusing on food for the freezer. Just had a conversation with Mom and she agrees, freezer cooking no take-out (she said unless we are already out, but we never leave the house, so freezer cooking it is). This means, it is time to plan, oh how I love me a plan. So far I am thinking:
    Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells
    Homemade Pizza Pockets
    Mac & Cheese

Alright time to relax for a bit before bed and to get through this book, they keep pushing back the date of the meeting but I have a feeling Friday is the day so I need to try to get as much read as I can, I am at 38% right now. Have a great night everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh granger thanks -a nice compliment that I sound like your mom ,I bet she is a lovley lady .I tell you when they lift the rules a bit(in the future) and we can visit family we are going to Toronto for a few days ,as I miss them a lot -I can see my son and I got to distant view the granddaughter's and daughter-in-law on monday .Cara was so good for only being age 2 as I watched her ride her little coup car ,mind you under y sunglasses I had a tear in my eye as I soooo wanted to give Ashlyn and cara a super big hug -in time right.

Granger about the water can -I think it was ceil that was wanting one -lol

Tonight had cesar salad and a nice gluten margerita pizza (frozen but good )and shared a lindt bar with hubby (had it in a drawer for a week -now that was hard not to open it before tonight .

Here is a quote from my dear mom "all good things come to those who wait" I think that is what she use to say .My dear dad who I lost at age 15 always said to me "you are the apple of my eye".Last year I found a red tea towel instore at indigo with the exact saying on it so I had to buy it $5.50.

I have tried to get an opening on fortinos online grocery site but it is down ,at 3.00 p.m I pick up at Walmart tomorrow and I price matched and saved about 10.00 bucks by doing so .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Last night I happen to get some very Cheap Cracker Barrel cheese blocks at RCSS. Couldn’t save my offer so I went to grab some cheese since I had only 1 bar left and we used a lot. Well after Coupons PCO instore offer a free Personal offer it worked out to $1.89 each I got 7 bars there was no limit on this item

Niw I decided to make a batch of a Pierogi my potatoes are boiling.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hudson Bay is now offering store curbside pickup (really small window of 10am to 3pm) at most stores. Not at these sites though:
    CURBSIDE PICKUP NOT AVAILABLE IN QUEBEC, MANITOBA, LONDON MASONVILLE PLACE, LONDON WHITE OAKS MALL, WINDSOR DEVONSHIRE MALL, BANFF, EDMONTON CITY CENTRE OR PRINCE GEORGE PARKWOOD PLACE AT THIS TIME.
    https://www.thebay.com/content/buy-o...ck-up-in-store

I know from my 2018 experience of ordering online and waiting for store pickup that it is really possible to get your money taken out for full order and then get a cancellation of an item about 30-45min can occur later (so take online inventory counts with some skepticism). Refunds take about 3-4 weekdays when stores in normal operation-thought I'd share, if you intend to go this route with online shopping. However, this store option might be faster for some things than via the distribution centre(s).

Waiting for the stores to open--how I miss being able to see merchandise! Last night, I spent several hours looking for an inexpensive printer (the Walmart HP deal is sold out at most area stores and I don't drive). Found a couple of discontinued Brother printers (one model at three different price points, new or refurbished). One reviewer indicated the need to buy a USB A to B cable. What? That means more shopping. The other Brother model is a more compact and mobile unit. Newegg's site shows a price of over $700 just for the unit. I cannot imagine how hard or easy any supplies or parts would be to find it (the mobile unit uses both wireless and USB connectivity). Now I am ever more keen to know what's on the shelves at thrift stores for printers. Kijiji-let me say about 40 of 120+ ads for one brand of printer are from people and most of the rest are from resellers.

Technology-plug and play sounds grand until I have to have an ID and e-mail and password for one service, then another service and then for...(drop and walk away sounds like an option some days).
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Send any red foxes to my area. Five geese were around and two seemed to have a short aerial conflict then road scuffle. Too much honking. The local watering hole must be crowded or even geese have bad days.

One laundry load is nearing the end of its wash cycle. I have a short errand to do later in the afternoon then I'll be taking apart the damaged curtain and relining it. I'd like to find some free online courses or spend time on the LinkedIn (formerly Lynda site) to watch videos on software programs that I know very little about for the next week. Then when time of use hydro rates return, I'll scale back my online time to the cheaper rate hours and spend time outdoors or doing other things.

Good to find out that Parliament passed the student aid package. Now the Senate has to come through tomorrow with approval too.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...sted-1.4916802
    Where is all this borrowed money coming from? I have a feeling we'll learn and gulp, then figure out how to pay the piper.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I seen a duck on the edge of my neighbours pool,then I looked out again and he was swimming on top the black liner of their pool (honking away)it was funny.

My son called me from work and asked if I needed anything from Costco(so nice of him)I don't want to flood him with a huge order(that's not me) as he will be going there after work.I told him Tetley tea -there huge box should do me awhile and some timmie or mcdonalds k-cups for my hubby as a treat -so nice of him to think of me .

We pick up our Walmart order today ,cant wait at least they let me price match ,I miss using my coupons.Let me tell you its worth it not to go into stores ,I imagine I will eventually ,not sure when thou.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon. rought night sleeping, or rather not sleeping. sigh.

ok. today , sent message to potential sept parent. signed up for a online course. and cleaningmy bedroom. laundry is going... i have a pile. sigh. i definatly will not be done that job today.

the posible meat shortage is freaking me out a bit.. .. alot. my mom placed another grocery order, she is potentailly having it delivered... if not she wants us to pick it up tomorrow .
    i figuresd out what i have in our freezer. i should be ok... still nervous. sigh. i think that is a side affect of this pandemic.
    must squash that.. it is not helping my mental health.

i am watching what precautions they are putting in place , and how they will affect my reopening... my goal date is June 1. Ontario has a month... sigh... i fully expect the schools not to go back .. and equally i expect my parents not to send thier kids.... i know these parents.. i will be surprised if they sent them . i am having concerns about reopening... i suspect some of my familes will not be back till sept... .. ok.. i am suspecting the majority of my families wont be back till sept... ugh.. to many thoughts... lol.

any hoo off to fold laundry
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well got my Walmart grocery order $126 for 41 items hamburger and a ham in there .The bananas look great not quite ripe yet so that is awesome ,only they didn't have peameal bacon ,pirate cookies or pancake mix (no worries thou as I have one freezer bag of peameal left ) they didn't price match my few items so I called and the girl said I will get a credit in a few days to my credit card -so will see.

Plus I asked for great value mayo and I got that plus hellmans ,only paid for one thou -oh well what can you do a bonus for me -only they do not give you a bill -I got an email of my bill.

I dont know how to put the email somewhere so I can get a checkout51 .25 cents for my bananas -can anyone help me out a bit (not computer savy here)

At 3.00 this afternoon when I picked up they had a line up outside of about 50 people .My dear son called me and said mom the line up at Costco was insane -hope you don't mind are you out of tea or coffee-he asked .He should know me that that would never happen -no I told him was just gonna have an extra box of tea as I am drinking 3-4 cups a day now as opposed to 2 .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Apr 30th, 2020 at 06:03 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl I am not 100% sure but I am pretty sure I have heard when you Price Match at Wal-Mart it is always after the fact, you get charged the full amount and then when they go to close off your order they credit back any Price Matches.

Giseletda yes the thought of a meat shortage sets off the anxiety. I saw a news report that said for the next 3 to 4 weeks we should not see any changes in supply but after that you will start to see shortages and Prices will increase. I will watch what people are saying and if need be in 2 to 3 weeks we might just run to Costco for meat if needed.

I read the precautions for our industry and it looks like I will not be allowed back in the office anytime soon. Seems like anyone working from home this is the new norm for the foreseeable future. Based on a chart one of our local chambers sent us they are saying Ontario will remain in the High Risk Category until December or January and as long as we are in the High Risk restrictions will remain in place. Right now we are in the Extreme Risk Category.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We got our monthly SaskPower bill. $28.51 because we produced more than enough solar power. I like knowing that is happening and get to check our solar app to monitor the power production. My cell phone bill is more than that.
    Giseledta, Purdee, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my plan for tomorrow...
    clean out the small upstairs freezer, find the ice cube trays, make ice cubes....
    Middle is painting the 1 daycare ceiling ... in the middle of the night... night owl that they are....lol. so i will clean it tomorrow... an start to arrange some toys
    finish the laundry.....

i may need to pick up moms groceries..

pay the few bills, move money to where it needs to live.
    find the stain the forthe front deck....
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Today was pleasantly like a warm kind of spring day. Got too hot in my winter coat doing errands in pm so laundered the coat when I got home. Food Basics now has a security guard directing the lineup-storefront aisle near checkouts is not as wide it is as Fortinos so there is some squish factor.

My curtain panel fabric front is re-pieced and I have a rough cut of flannel line done. Tomorrow I'll finish sewing everything together and measure how much to trim off the top before I make the rod casing.

Body wanted a rest in late afternoon and I listened to it after I took apart the curtain (lint almost everywhere). 2 hours later-felt half-revived for what it was worth.

Am thinking to move on a printer order and add two small items to order. Could see it next week if I move fast tomorrow.

Did not have any tea--but enjoyed some watermelon (it's changing kind of fast in two days so I sliced and cored the remainder for a container to free up space in fridge) instead. Spring is warming up-hurrah! Good night, everyone!

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread Information