User Tag List

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    It has been one of those days. my ambition matches the grey, dull day outside. As soon as I woke up this morning I was lacking ambition.

My day did not go as planned, I have some stuff I wanted to put together for our meeting tomorrow to present the options to our team. That did not happen, I was getting pulled all over the place and into other things. Finally around 2, things seem to be calming down but I needed a break.

We went down to the basement to see if we could move some stuff around in the stand up freezer to make more room since the majority of my Costco shop this time will be meat. After making a little bit of room in the stand up freezer there were a few things I wanted to get out of the chest freezer, this lead to us cleaning out the chest freezer. I noticed when I was pulling stuff out there seems to be a lot of empty spaces in the freezer but due to being a chest freezer it was making the freezer seem very full. After some re arranging and some discussions on a few items I am happy to say my chest freezer is now half empty and ready for my next Costco shop.

Still working on things with Mom, we are communicating more but we still have our challenges. Like when we were cleaning the freezer I got a little frustrated as it seems like her stuff (things only she eats) was being moved to the upstairs freezer so she didn't have to go the basement. But, my stuff could stay in the basement and I could come down when I needed it. We reached a middle ground I am happy with.

I do need to get some work done tonight, which I am good with. I think more days I might take a break mid to late after noon, get some stuff done around the house and then go back to working. I find by the time I done work I do not want to tackle stuff around the house but working doesn't bother me as it is on my computer so it isn't physical. I would still be working the same amount of hours but I think this schedule will work better for me.

In the freezer I found a few bags of leftover Ham from the last time we cooked a large Ham. I took these out and we will have these with Glaze, Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Veggies for Dessert.

Alright off to get some work done. Have a great night everyone.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Happy to report that Fortinos will take coupons, as I used two with today's mostly produce shop plus a few pantry items. Did not get everything. Vitamin section is maybe 1/3 of usual assortment (regular section; did not pay attention to Natural Health as I completely passed by the EmergenC and it was easier to go forward than turn around if another customer had passed me in opposite direction).Did notice three customers seemingly pass by me down the middle of grocery aisles instead of far side of same aisle. Must be a reason that a staffer took to the P.A. system to remind shoppers about social distancing (a lot attention was paid around the dairy coolers and produce because if one customer was getting an item, others in same row waited apart in order to get their turn for the celery or milk). I had only about two minutes wait to enter store-an earlier lineup got inside and the monitor went away. Then when I got to doors, I asked a passing employee if there was a lineup so he called into the store and got a second person to wave me in-I thanked them both (and joy, the sanitized carts included the small carts today!).

In the parking a lot, I put my cart in the cart corral. I was aware that someone was walking around a car in a spot nearby a few times due to neon clothing. However as I was pulling my cart past the car, that person suddenly cut right in front of me to head to the store. Did not waste my breath to protest; I just kept moving as cart was heavy (watermelon and everything).

Basement had some sounds like that of slow drops of water hitting a downspout outside a couple of times. The duct tape fix has sagged at least twice on the light behind me and the gap reappeared on one side. Guess that duct tape adhesive is off or the light really softens the tape. Either way, I am not ahead as I thought. Maybe a short bungee cord is required if I find one with fine metal hooks, not the usual bulky metal hooks. Better yet, I have a white shoelace I could wrap around the fixture / light cover and tie it. Feel like this house is throwing many little maintenance issues to snow under the bigger issues which are not getting planning, budget or action.

Two pieces of unaddressed admail-the Stihl flyer has gloves I'd like but more importantly, there is hearing protection that ranks higher (using the lawn tractor last year really left my hearing affected for two days each time I mowed the lawn). I went to local dealer, where an e-mail address I don't know is posted as well as message about phone orders only and curbside pickup. Hours on sign are shorter than what their website or Google indicates and I got there just after closing. Will have to wait on the item for sometime in May or see if Walmart has something I can use. The second admail was actually a fundraising campaign appeal from a women's shelter-I will send my April food savings donation to their cause soon due to the #MoneyMasterClass fee request that participants donate their monthly savings to a food bank or women's shelter each month.

Got a Mary Brown's burger and two sides to go. Sat at a bus stop bench and enjoyed my early dinner. Noticed that the Shavers Road entrance to Walmart is banged up again (and closed off)-someone managed to pull down the red bull bar completely down on the overhead yellow beam-that is the third incident this year and second one this month for that structure. However, no damage occurred while I was at Walmart yesterday. Think each incident is due to setting sun in West (drivers turning into entrance face West) and drivers not keep aware of height restriction posted on said overhead beam.

No treasure was found on walk other than noticing about 3 lonely beer cans on my walk (no bag on hand and as I was carrying items, I had to bypass the cans). When the weather improves (after the rains for tomorrow), I'll take a bag and collect the cans. Sidewalks were busy on my street but families with young kids on bikes need to either ride on the road or keep 2m away from pedestrians. Kind of a traffic jam by the townhouses with all the bike and foot traffic on the sidewalks as everyone wants to be out and moving.

The evening calls for a steaming mug of tea and updating my April expenses journal, with pinpoint focus on next Mr. Case order for next week.

Millers Shoes in Hamilton has a Facebook contest for a pair of shoes--I'll post it now.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Angela- dump cakes with pie filling.. so yummy!! google it
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. i am not feeling well. sigh. hopefully tomorrow will be better. might just sleep alot. hubby has it off, he has a thing he needs to get done. hopefuly it is fast. i have no energy. absoultly none.

i do need to place a order at the local garden center. i need a bag of peat moss. my mom has 2 orders at 2 seperate garden centers for me. both are close by. i will place my order at the same time.

ok. i am in bed. done for the night. if anyone has any extra energy... pm me.. and send it my way. thanjs
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My boys and I made sesame seed bagels this afternoon. Sesame seed bagels are my absolute favourite. I used the recipe that I used in a high school class...still have the home made recipe book. So this is officially the second time that I’ve made bagels in my life. The shape could be improved, but they look pretty good. I’m looking forward to toasting and eating some tomorrow.

I might make a dump cake next week. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Yikes, I have learned if you are new to puzzles maybe start easy. 2000 pieces is a lot of puzzle. Thankfully it’s colour coded into 4 sections. I cashed out Caddle today and received 2 of my Visa gift cards. They took a long time to arrive. But it I am glad to have the savings. Still busy with work but at least my days are returning to a 8 hr day.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-one day at a time ,(2,000 is a big one but nice thou)puzzles to me are so relaxing -I can look at a spot and then look at all the pieces and find it -getting to be pretty good at puzzles .The ones I got at value village a few months ago -I will keep the Disney 1,000 piece puzzles for when Sebastian is older .

Wow looked on kijiji and people are gouging the price of puzzles up like 15.00 to 20.00 for one (knowing well enough the stores are not opened -I hate that ) I would sell a bag of quality puzzles last year and the year before for $10.00 to $15.00-maybe 12-15 puzzles in each bag .I don't wish to do a kijij ad at the moment ,but I bet they would go fast-I know I can do porch pickup-but not interested .

I would love to play a few board games(on a rainy day) but alas I have a hubby that is not interested .

Last night we had another bbq hamburgers/french fries -thanks frugalbigmama as you are right use the hamburger buns up as they are not that great frozen.

My daughter called last night at 8.15 and they were just gonna eat supper she said its still hard with sebastian to work from home (she has to write also ) and he will interrupt her a lot ,then she loses her train of thought I guess -I told her hang tough .So she is working sometimes til 1.00 a.m making up for the day and if she takes a small break to read him a book etc.I feel for her ,all i can give her is words of encouragment .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl, I am with you on not selling items right now. I still see a lot of people selling right now and I see people buying but between touching the bin I normally leave outside and the money, No Thank you. I know a lot of people are saying the risk is low but just thinking about it sets off my anxiety.

It looks like puzzles are being sold for the same price they are sold new in stores. My family has been sending pictures of puzzles they find to see if anyone wants them to grab it, I know Step Mom is doing puzzles and Bro and his Wife were going to work on one, not sure if sis is going puzzles or just enjoys the search for them. But in the photos they send they usually include the price tag which seems to be on par with what people are charging on Kijiji.

Not that I am buying anything or selling but I do see the ads and it does look like prices on many items are going up, I mean I am guessing it is a catch 22. People need money to survive right now, getting a job is unlikely but at the same time I do think some of the prices are pushing it, like the puzzles being sold at the same price as brand new in store.

I could not imagine trying to work from home with a Toddler, I find it hard enough without a Toddler. Not to mention I heard the Chaos at my cousin's house the other night as he walked inside and his poor wife was having a moment as the kids had just emptied a full tube of toothpaste all over her daughter's room well she was with the baby.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Another rainy cold damp day today.

DS finished the chicken and beef burgers so I better get some next shopping trip. We had an amazing fried rice with ceaser salad for dinner. The rice was so good. I wanted to eat more but didn't lol.

Tried out my new to me toaster this morning and it works great. I wanted to ditch our old 4 slice toaster. Its big, bulky and messy. My guy was cleaning out a rental from previous tenant and they left a like new toaster! Was happy to wash it up and will drop my old one off at the recycle place that has a box out for stuff like that.

Have a busy work day today so hopefully it flies by!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tomorrow is payday so figured get it over with now. Paid the bills. Transferred $100 to the Christmas account. $40 to boys clothing account.
    Gas money. I put 1/2 the amount on credit card to cover next fill up. Put the 1/2 in savings. Put my spending cash on my credit card since I am not using cash and the cash is building up in my wallet from my mother when I do her shopping (I use my credit card and she pays me cash)

I'm making a pot of rice now and will make chicken fried rice for DS (have cooked chicken in the freezer) It's an easy snack for him to heat up the snack size containers I package it in.
    I need to move some stuff from the upright freezer to the kitchen freezer so it will make me use it up. Will make sure to do so today and any packaged burgers etc I buy will be hidden and used as a last resort.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Did my grocery shopping yesterday, couldn't find my lactose free milk at Fortinos, so popped into shoppers and they had it on sale for $3.99 and sour cream for $2.49 so I was happy. The vitamin section at Fortinos for Jamieson was almost cleaned out (up to 40% off), but I did find my chewable vitamin D's.

Noticed Jamieson vitamins on sale this Sat at Shoppers so hopefully will find my B complex chewable, as Fortinos was cleaned out and they are normally very expensive.

Used my Cineplex gift card at the Cineplex store via my roku and watched the movie Judy. Very well done and I understand why Rene Z won an Oscar for her performance. I also earned Scene points on the rental. There is an option to redeem Scene points as well towards a movie, as who knows how long it will be before theatres open again.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    yep, still in Jammies, its going to be that kinda day.
    Bathroom upstairs is cleaned. i am taking loads of breaks today, and doing the housework.
    goals .. top 2 floors.
    hubby went to do his thing he needed to do .. cant do it. lol. so he is home. he has paperwork this afternoon to do .

Supper - pork tenderloin, cheese potatoes and mixed veggies.

middle child came back with groceries, so i need to put them away. lol. and refill a few things as well. .. as the child slided over thier nearly empty spices and said.. hey mom.. i will refill for them .
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

OHH forgot to tell everyone hubby hasn't had a haircut since nov,last night after his shower he put on a short sleeve shirt and said cut just the back along the collar -well I used my dear mom's haircutting sissors(they are a bit dull,so used a hack of cutting thru tin foil folded up to sharpen a bit)

Well his hair was wet so I maybe took off a bit too much ,maybe if he didn't have the collared shirt on -lol who cares it will grow .He wont let me touch the rest .

Gonna try to get a walk in before we get rained on this afternoon.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Okay, morning meeting is done. I knew I had a few things to get done before the meeting but yeah my morning was insane. People kept asking me what I was doing but I had to eat before my meeting so I could take my antibiotics and I couldn't wait any longer so I was making breakfast and eating it well on work calls. Good news, we got the approval we were looking for, so now I need to set up our new project.

This afternoon our task is to go through the fridge and decide if we are going to commit to once a month shopping what do we need to get. Right now we have a few things I would not put on our grocery list but if we are not shopping for another month we may need to grab some. Also, although we are not chasing the sales I have noticed the sales are not as good making doing a monthly shop at Costco more appealing.

Also need to come up with a plan for dinner, I am thinking either Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells or French Onion Pasta bake but will have to see how Mom is feeling as both of my options are vegetarian.

Alright time to get back to work. Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

April total savings $345.58

Coupons Redeemed $46.97
    10% off Tuesday at Sobeys $16.11
    Amazon.ca - earned through Swagbucks $50
    Amazon.ca earned by Dh through Swagbucks $10
    PCO - No Frills $50
    Air Miles $50
    Found Money $0.50
    Stuff Sold $95
    Contest wins $27 - Pizza Hut supper
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 29th, 2020 at 12:38 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information