User Tag List

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -as for limiting items at stores -I have not stepped into a store since march but back then it was limit 2 on the bread ,2 on milk.
    On line shopping I have ordered 4 bread no problem -we go thru a fair bit .On amazon they limited the large rice krispies (2) only $4.47 each .

So my online grocery shopping I will alternate between Walmart and fortinos one store has cheaper items(Walmart) ,and one store has certain brands we only use (re fortinos)

Added up my grocery bill for this month( I am hoping Walmart price matches the few items I price match after putting in an inquiry-who knows)and it is $56 over budget but then again we are not using much gas hubby put $17.00 in the other day and before that ages ago was $20 something for the month
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Apr 27th, 2020 at 06:31 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    ontario has a news conferance at 130 with a plan for opening Ontario. i am a little numb at that thought.

ok. plan for the day. i am going t grab a a tea, then head out to the back yard.. and work on that for a bit. i ight do a small fire, burn some of he stuff i need to get done. and just be mellow.

i should also fold laundry.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Sunny day here today.

Work and breaks to get laundry done today.

Hopefully can clean out our vehicles afterwork if it is warm out still. We have been trying to do it the past 2 weeks and then the day we pick the weather is crappy.

Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Found a pile of clean clothes that I have been searching for! Underneath a folded comforter in the laundry room! Geez. I was looking everywhere one day and couldn't figure out where the certain items I was looking for went. Mystery solved!

I think I will wash my bedding as well today since I got an early start on the laundry and the last load is in the washer now. Going to open the bedroom now and let the fresh air in.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Still dealing with a slight headache although now it is just a dull pain which as long as I do not cough I can handle. When I cough is another story. Also, not helping is I did not sleep well last night. I could not fall asleep, I was spinning out a little bit as I kind of had it out with Mom right before bed. She got mad about how she took something I said, well that just lead to a lot of things being put on the table about how both of us were feeling, not sure it is fully resolved we will see how the week goes. Also well this was going on my phone was blowing up, a lot of inventory/code was sent me way which was not helping my anxiety. Also I still did not get through the book we were supposed to read, I was 16% done (Kindle tells you). That meeting got moved to Wednesday giving me more time.

Mom is pushing to go to Costco tomorrow as she worried due to the meat plant closure we will start to see shortages. My issue is where do we put it, the fridge is still quite full and the freezers do not have a lot of room right now, this is why I want to wait till next week. Use up more of what we have plus we are not going to get the freezer until control until some of the oddities are used up like the huge pail of cherries, or the 10 large baggies of frozen tomatoes that were never dealt with get used up. I suggested (which start the argument last night) that these get used up to which I was told these are not the issue but when I asked what the issue was I got no response which means I do not want to deal with this right now.

I am very serious that I am willing to buy more at Costco but to do this we need to go to once a month shopping. Originally Mom agreed well we were writing our list but then threw in well we will go to Costco this week and next week one of us will need to go to No Frills to fill in the gaps. My budget cannot handle both, either we go to once a month shopping and commit to doing this at Costco (mainly before this is where we can get the quantities we need), or we shop as needed (1 shop per week at 1 store) and deal with what we cannot get. This plan of a large shop at Costco but then supplementing at No Frills completely killed my budget last month. I was over budget by $100 - $150, we cannot keep doing this.

Good news is I woke up this morning feeling more like myself, I still slept in a little later than I wanted to (I am going to blame the lack of sleep last night) but when I did get up more of my get up and go attitude was there.

Alright time to get back to work and wait for Ford's announcement. Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Apr 27th, 2020 at 12:40 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So it looks like there are no changes in sight for Ontario.

I am going to be honest, I kind of wondered if this was going to be what happened. They would lay out a plan but say we are not there yet, which is pretty much what they did.

I will say I would liked to have seen more information in the 3 phases (yes, I know we are not there yet), it is extremely vague.

Although I will admit I was surprised to see that Quebec is re opening Elementary school and childcare services May 11th.
    Ciel and Thatdone like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    So it looks like there are no changes in sight for Ontario.

I am going to be honest, I kind of wondered if this was going to be what happened. They would lay out a plan but say we are not there yet, which is pretty much what they did.

I will say I would liked to have seen more information in the 3 phases (yes, I know we are not there yet), it is extremely vague.

Although I will admit I was surprised to see that Quebec is re opening Elementary school and childcare services May 11th.
    In my opinion that whole reopening speech was a total waste of time. I personally think that most people are more frustrated after the speech than before. I think he should of given a predicted opening date and would of looked like a hero if the opening starting before the prediction date and would of just had to deal with the people if the opening was going to take longer
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -we visited our grandaughter's this morning (from a distance) and it worked even thou they are little"ashlyn said to cara -don't go near nana and papa til covid is all done"

We took them 3 nova scotia strong donuts from tim hortons and then of course I had one I ate in the car (red and white sprinkles with a small red heart in the corner) its nice to support nova scotia in just this little gesture of a donut .

Hubby dug up a patch of front lawn to plant more of a flower garden -so that kept him busy .

Supper tonight last piece of ham with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies (maybe broccoli)
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Thatdone , that is exactly what my Sister said, I did not get a chance to watch it but read it later, where is she watched it. She said nothing has changed, no timeline are set it is basically just telling us nothing is new.

I feel like they were trying to bring hope, which I get, but at the same time I think they got people's hopes (or in some cases fears) up. But, they also opened themselves up to things taking a turn. The more they talk about re opening not only does it give people hope it also makes some people think "okay, it coming to an end or it's over" which from what I have seen, means people are letting their guard down. Well things are going to re open soon so we can plan something for mother's day or in our town people going around barriers into closed parks and people's responses "what does it matter Ford is going to announce next week parks are re opening." I think instead of giving hope he gave false hope, a lot of people had high expectation of big changes to come this week and I think a lot of people will now feel let down. The biggest battle in all of this for "normal people" (meaning those who are not sick) is the mental side, it is the feeling of I cannot leave my house, could I get sick from just doing my grocery shopping, is take-out safe.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my first set of seeds came in the mail today. I ordered from 3 different places, in order to maximise the posiblility of getting plants, seeds.
    any hoo... my version of not all eggs in the same basket. i did order different things from each place.

any hoo. this place https://sagegarden.ca/ the shipping was fast, the pkgs look amazing!! very impressed. i will update with how they grow.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Going to get my epi pen tomorrow in the morning I hope. If not it’s going to be Wednesday.

I am so so tired I woke up at 4:30 didn’t get back to sleep till 6:30 woke up at 9:15am to go to the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    my first set of seeds came in the mail today. I ordered from 3 different places, in order to maximise the posiblility of getting plants, seeds.
    any hoo... my version of not all eggs in the same basket. i did order different things from each place.

any hoo. this place https://sagegarden.ca/ the shipping was fast, the pkgs look amazing!! very impressed. i will update with how they grow.
    Some cool looking cucumber varieties in the New for 2020 section! And there's Sea Magic concentrate-love the small package idea to use for a big container of concentrate. Ideas....
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ok, no breaks to clean the house today, instead I have been trying to get through this book. I feel like if there was no pressure it would go a lot quicker LOL. After a few quick reading breaks I am now 28% through the book (Thanks Kindle).

Today was quite a busy day so I did not get a lot of down time. Feeling kind of overwhelmed I feel like I have too many things on the go and I cannot get anything done.

Still not sure about this whole Costco thing, I get her point but I just cannot figure out where we will physically put what we buy and I am not going and picking and choosing what we buy, if we go it is going to be a once a month shop. She also gets my point of where will we put it but doesn't have an answer.

Today seems to be going better, we are communicating more and listening to each other. Not saying we agree on everything. I think a lot of it is the fact that we just cannot get away from each other. I miss going to the office. Although sister-in-law messaged today she may have been exposed to Covid-19, she is waiting to hear if they are positive.

Alright, got a few more things to get done for work, I was originally scheduled to work on a mass upload/download this weekend but I thought it would have been cancelled due to the current circumstances in the world but apparently no, our supplier is going ahead with the changes so now I need to do the prep work.

Have a great night everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Apr 27th, 2020 at 07:50 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Met up with a friend this morning. She got Internet time and I got some back issues of newspapers to read. Found out a restaurant food wholesaler in Hamilton that is now selling to the public in bulk: https://www.thespec.com/business/202...he-public.html You have to e-mail your order request in.

Also noticed ads that Millers Shoes is offering 20% off some walking shoes but I don't recall seeing the offer on their website. Their website did mention for every pair of shoes sold, the store chain will donate one pair of footwear to the community. In other Miller Shoes news, their gift certificates on the Together Local site are sold out. Marineland tickets are 25% off in the Toronto and Niagara region categories of the same site.

Walmart in town has closed the grocery store set of doors and has the barricade set up at the hair salon end (west side) of the store. About 5 min wait tops to get into store. Security guard was taking counts of people leaving the store before waving a similar number of waiting customers into store. Grateful for sunny day to take edge off of the cold wind.

Shopping plans (other than to get beverages and two Easter treats-Kit Kat bunnies at 22cents each in the 75% off clearance section near the doors) went out the door this afternoon. When I reconnected the laptop, battery was at 26% charge but it managed to charge back up to 100%. When it was 95% charged, I saw the message a full charge would take 8 more minutes. Seemed to take more than 20min but I'm happy to see full charge again. Dinner is leftover quinoa with radishes and pepper strips and last of honey dijon salad dressing. Will make a mug of tea. Had some cornmeal bread earlier for "lunch" and a Dr. Pepper too.

Surprised to find more branches on the ground while getting bins to the curb. The tree I really trimmed is still miffed at me and the buds are delayed too. Amaryllis stalks (4 in backyard) are about 5 inches high and double peonies seem on track for May bloom (hoping for more than 3 days of blooms since a storm wiped them out last year).

I did find that veggie burger recipe page today (yay) and will revise grocery list to ensure I can make a test batch of burgers this week. Checked bank locations and was stunned that the Meadowlands CIBC and Westcliffe Mall locations are both closed. Check your bank websites to verify hours and open locations. You would not want to be surprised thinking a branch near your shopping destination is open when it's not.

What is with the brown jackets worn by Premier Ford and Minister of Health Elliot in today's update? They looked like they were keen to get on motorcycles and give someone heck! At least the Saturday weather forecast looks more promising than most of this week's weather-it'll feel like spring is teasing summer!
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Link to next month's frugal thread: https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/437840...a/#post7045034
    Giseledta and Angela273 like this.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information