User Tag List

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH is cleaning the carpets so I am staying out of the way!! We are stocked up on groceries so no need to do that-Later might go for a country drive( provincial parks etc are now open) and tomorrow I have a Zoom call with my 4 sibs. Supposed to be 18 today so no complaints. DD reported on her marks yesterday and so far they are looking very good-so I think we will keep her-lol. Or at least help pay again for 4th year.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What do people do with their unwanted perfumes?
    I have a small drawer of gifted fragrances that I don't use...

Also, how do people choose which perfumes to buy?!?
    I was lucky enough that I loved the first fragrance I bought, but now it's been discontinued and I'm having trouble finding a new fragrance that I like...
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Sat, May 2nd, 2020 at 02:23 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Cherilyn-when the stores open back up -pluto(which is a used store buys clothing and fragrances ) in feb I bought a taylor swift perfume called" incredible things "-I paid 12.00 as 1/4 of it is used but I find that way I am not spending a lot -they don't give you very much for your perfumes when they buy them .

I find buying perfume is hard to find a nice one -hubby told me he didn't like the one I was wearing last year so I sold that to pluto -maybe got $3.00-5.00 for it but better than sitting in a drawer right.

Here is a thought or you could donate to value village -I know they bag up perfumes and bodywashes and lotions for sale or maybe give to a friend .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, May 2nd, 2020 at 03:01 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

maybe womans shelter....i would call first and ask
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, home and resting. someone posted and asked about something i had that i was trying to give away.. so i contacted her.. and she is picking up tonight. less clutter an good deed done.

messaged the plant place and said what a wonder experience it was , they thanked me and will pass it along to the person who helped. and did a shout out to the local homehardwear for thier great customer service. so i spread a little love around.

once home, middle child helped me for a bit. so that was nice.
    i am full on resting now. will tidy up a bit when i am making supper. just burgers, and veggie . something easy.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just finished watching Star Wars The Mandalorian and admit that I like seeing the storyboard art during the end credits of each episode. Gina Carano and Pedro Pascal must have inhaled food (to have energy) in their episodes where the storylines were mostly action. Now I'm ready for the May 4 special about behind-the-scenes of the series.

I'll need the month to see the old and new movies that interest me on Disney Plus. Could not figure out how to put the channel on the Blu-Ray device and since it's not on the device list on the streaming channel, I cannot watch it on the tv. But I made two profiles so sibling and I can watch on our computers Since my account can allow up to 4 devices). Then I'll unsubscribe and wait for season 2 to be over of the series before I pay for a second month. Scratching that Disney Plus itch after seeing those free trial ads for a month online.

Did the vacuuming and some light cleaning midday and that's about it. Keeping things light. Will spend 30min in the yard. Mom told me a few tulips have bloomed, so they deserve a little attention today!

Need to cook some quinoa for supper and I'd like some roasted vegetables as well, for a change. I'm staying out of the stores this weekend and have many e-books to skim read as well. Time to tip-toe up to the tulips---deep breaths...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

An acquaintance contacted me on Facebook a couple of days ago. She has two boys that are a couple years older than ds and a girl that is a year older than our twins. She offered to give me clothes for ds to grow into. She gives the girl clothes to her co-worker. This lady dropped off the clothes this afternoon. Once sorted, it filled 3.5 laundry baskets. Ds is currently trying on a pile of clothes that are his size. She gave me a bit of clothes for twin girl to grow into, 2 hooded kids towels, and some kids shoes too. She knows that we appreciate it.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -how nice of your acquaintance to give you clothing .My dear daughter gets clothing from her sister-in-law on her hubby's side she has 2 boys age 8 and 10-and Sebastian is in size 4 and size 5 now .It really helps she said .

My daughter in-law gets clothing from her sister's daughter age 3 for cara and she inturn gives her ashlyn's clothing -so when little cara gets some clothing it has gone thru 2 kids before her.

When my kids were little many years ago I use to get some dresses from a german lady on my mom's street but nobody ever gave me clothing for my son .Oh and I use to sell a big garbage of my daughter's clothing in the newspaper's free ads for $20 or $25 dollars .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Day started off a little slow here, I actually slept really well last night, actually too well as I over slept and woke up groggy and lacking ambition. This did not last too long, as soon as Mom got up, we got to work.

First thing I did was bake a batch of Banana Muffins as I had some Bananas that needed to be used, actually I was worried they were already too far gone but good news, still usable.

Then we moved on to tackling the meat (Mom mostly did the meat). So to recap I spent somewhere between $130 and $150 on meat at Costco:
    Pork Lion gave us 14 meals (18 Pork Chop = 2 Meals, 5 bags of Pork Chunks)
    Eye of Round Roast gave us 12 meal (5 bag of Chunks & 7 Bags of Strips)
    Ground Beef gave us 7 meals (14 Burgers)
    So going into today we had 33 meals. Now today we:
    Hot Dogs = 9 meal ($14)
    2 packages of Chicken Breast gave us 23 meals (5 cut into chunks marinated in Teriyaki = 5 meals, 5 cut into chunks, marinated in Souvlaki = 6 meals, 9 cut into Chicken Chunks = 9 meals, 3 bags of Chicken Tenders = 3 meals) ($60)
    1 package of Chicken Wings = 7 meals ($22)

So all and all, when all was done we got 72 meals, if I paid $150 (gotta find my receipt) we average $2/meal for meat. Which makes me happy.

Also well we processing the meat, I cut up 3 of my 6 Romaine Hearts, if I do not cut up the lettuce we do not eat it, so that is done in the fridge ready to make Salads. I also trimmed up some of the outside edges on the ones I left whole. I think our last bag went bad so quickly as there were bad marks that spread.

We also broke down the cheese we bought, since we bought them at Costco the bars were too big for us to use before they might mold. So we cut them up and froze them. Also broke down a package of Cheese Slices, a part Block of Monterey Jack (we don't usually buy but I think Mom bought it) and a Block of Cheddar that had lost it seal. I also divided up a Jar of Pesto into single use portions and froze those.

On my last No Frills trip I grabbed a package of Pepperoni, I did not like the price as it was $10 for the package but when I broke it down today I got 16 packages of pepperoni. One Package of Pepperoni per pizza meals we will get 16 meals from this one package.

We got a lot done today which makes me happy but now I am very very tired and sore. It has been awhile since I spent a whole day on my feet, it felt good emotional but physically I am now feeling it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, May 2nd, 2020 at 06:07 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been go, go, go today. All the kids have tried on their summer clothes. I sorted/organized all the bins and boxes on the keep side of our shed. I sorted, took pictures, and posted lots of clothes for sale. I also sorted and put away all of the big clothes that we were given earlier today.

I already sold 3T clothes for $40. It’s less than I’d usually charge at our garage sale, but we know that a garage sale is unlikely this year. Happy to sell it as a lot.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I received 2 parcels yesterday and went shopping at shoppers drug mart and received 20x the points 24k. Now have 92k+ points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Welllllll... It's been an interesting past few days at work that has lead to (We believe) one of our coworkers quitting...

Last night, one of our coworkers was scheduled to come in but didn't, I heard from others that he got into an argument with our manager, and started yelling at him the night before (Friday night)... We believe this all started becuase he is unfortunately a homophobic individual... And he found out about me being gay. Apparently he didn't like that, and started to talk to others behind my back telling them how horrible of a worker I am and that he is so much better than I will ever be... That is what the argument on Friday night was about, but my manager proved him very wrong about that fact... Something he was waiting to do for a very long time (Pretty much since this one coworker started...) So we will see what my manager has to say when I see him next on Monday (Since I'm sorta stuck in the middle of all this crap that's going on...)

It has been a lot to deal with, but I hope it is all over soon...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

John56789 i am sorry you are caught in the middle. however, i am extreamly pleased that your boss has gotten rid of the Homophobic individual . i have no patience for homophobic behavior. I am giving you a very long distance Mom hug.

Sassy- i did the same with our 2 lg pkgs of pepperoni... however i got 6 meals out of it... 5 people... all pizza lovers. lol. i find if i do not plkg it down.. i have 3 children.. who will nibble on it as snacks....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. Sunday... yes , i had to think there for a moment. ok, goal ... about 6 hours of garden time. that should make a huge dent in stuff. then... bbq time.
    on my indeendent order. i managed to snag strip loins for 6.88 lb. plus 200 pts per 1.00 of beef. yes. i did that. since i also got 2 roasts, and gr beef as well. i got a pretty amount of pc points. and my freezer is pretty happy.

hubby has a couple of hours of work to do on the computer. middle is working on the daycare rooms.
    it will prob be a movie night tonght.
    we are working our way through all the marvel movies. might as well enjoy this pandemic a bit.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Welllllll... It's been an interesting past few days at work that has lead to (We believe) one of our coworkers quitting...

Last night, one of our coworkers was scheduled to come in but didn't, I heard from others that he got into an argument with our manager, and started yelling at him the night before (Friday night)... We believe this all started becuase he is unfortunately a homophobic individual... And he found out about me being gay. Apparently he didn't like that, and started to talk to others behind my back telling them how horrible of a worker I am and that he is so much better than I will ever be... That is what the argument on Friday night was about, but my manager proved him very wrong about that fact... Something he was waiting to do for a very long time (Pretty much since this one coworker started...) So we will see what my manager has to say when I see him next on Monday (Since I'm sorta stuck in the middle of all this crap that's going on...)

It has been a lot to deal with, but I hope it is all over soon...
    @johnb56789 sending you (((HUGS))) I have no tolerance for homophobic behaviour people can be very ignorant I am sorry you are caught in the middle of this issue

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information