User Tag List

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Order refund was put into my account sometime today and I sent off two separate small orders via two online stores with free shipping. A new shower curtain that is on sale and with some vibrant colour was part of one order (looking forward to changing the shower curtain this month). Also ordered a Zoku collapsible metal straw with silicone tip and a Stojo collapsible cup (the better for getting tap water in public places where plastic water bottles or pop bottles cannot fit under the taps, as there are hardly any drinking fountains around).

For today's Mandalorian viewing session, I bought a small case of water bottles and small chocolate treats. It was warm enough in the car to melt the edges of the chocolate after 10minutes. So we ate our treats fairly quickly. Bought a Toronto Sun newspaper to read the story about meat shortages or forthcoming ones, plus noticed Entertainment news about two directors who have been involved in Season 2 of the Mandalorian series. I found a tweet indicating that actor Carl Weather has directed one episode of Season 2.

The Walmart Home book has the K-mini single serve coffee maker listed for $68 as of tomorrow.

The Keg burgers are listed for $10.99 in tomorrow's Fortinos flyer and for $13.99 in the Food Basics flyer. If these are the same steak burgers I paid $15.99 for in March at Food Basics, either price is a win!

The Sharpie silver marker did apply well (and was high contrast to boot) to remote control buttons but came off easily with finger pressure. A friend will give me white nail polish to solve the issue, as I want a high contrast print visible on the black soft plastic buttons. I may try using correction fluid if I find a bottle that has not clumped yet among our stationery supplies, should the polish application fail to work.

Last night, I was checking various stores online for clothespins. Noticed the reviews are not super flattering and I do not wish to commit to 200 of anything without know how 30-50 pins hold up during a warm drying season of pegging clothes to the outdoor lines. Found one set of wooden pins I remembered were on sale at one different store but a customer review indicated they tended to come apart and not hold much up. My Dad left some really big clothespins in the basement-they could be good for sheets, tarps or tablecloths but not regular laundry. Might try using them on denim jeans and time how long the pegs hold the jeans to the lines...

I'm delighted that members have posted in the Hydro thread that in Ontario, we get another hydro rate holiday for 24 more days. Win!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve had a long and busy day. I’ve applied for teaching contracts with 2 different school divisions. I am still doing school work with ds. He also had a video meeting with his class today and he really enjoyed it. Today it was +18 and sunny here, so I let my kids have water to muck around and create stuff in the tilled garden patch before it gets planted on the long weekend. It’s bath night tonight and I had them change into play clothes. It took a lot to get them cleaned up and their clothes washed up, but I think it was worth it. They had a blast. I took a short video and a couple of pictures of my happy muddy kids.

Tomorrow I plan on doing Mother’s Day crafts with the kids and bake some banana chocolate chip muffins.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, May 7th, 2020 at 01:15 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

oy, stayed up way to late watching some videos for a online conferance on Early childhood ed.

nap time is planned already for this a m

laundry going, dishes started. and wotked for 20 min on the dc room. pretty much that will be my day.....lol. Hubby has 4 meetings today, and i have 3 more hours of videos... but they are fairly easy and really interesting. so that is good.

cover your plants if you have anyoutside , temps are going down in Ontario. chance of ... dare i say... snow...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! DS went for a very long long board ride yesterday. He has a sunburn! Followed the trail two towns over and bought himself a large sandwich with 7 layers of meat at the Foodland lol. He is so tight with his money (which is good) but glad he spends now and then. He did pack himself drinks Happy he got lots of fresh air.

Laundry is in progress. Lots of folding and putting away tonight. One more load to wash and dry.

Keep safe!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My kids are hard at work...painting egg carton flowers for Mother’s Day.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My kids are hard at work...painting egg carton flowers for Mother’s Day.
    I use to love taking my kids for walks in the forest and let them collect things (rocks/pinecones etc) that we would paint when we got home. I think youngest DS's fav part was the picnic lunch because he couldn't go far without "drinks and snacks"
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -social distanced and saw both granddaughter's today -it has been 12 days .We sat down end of driveway and had coffee's with daughter-in-law who was up by the girls -so nice .

My daughter-in-law gave me a small Ziploc bag of grapes as I haven't had them in 2 months ,plus she gave me peppa pig house and boat for Sebastian in time when we see him ,it snice to interchange toys .My daughter went thru Sebastian's toys the other day and there is she told me a cute cash register for cara to have .

Supper fish, French fries and leftover corn.

Got my sample source box -yumm an atkins bar and kashi bar were in it -so hubby had the atkins and I had the kashi bar.Both my online orders came ,from indigo and kerig .YES .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Touch chilly today but Ms. Sunshine has been beaming whenever the rain clouds move along. Some of the dwarf tulips have opened alongside the older tall tulips in full bloom. Delightful! Hope the flurries in forecast don't curtail the flower show this week.

It is rather interesting to be sitting in a car near a grassy strip when the lawn service team are cutting, trimming or blowing grass (worker made a point to aim away from car while he was blowing grass near friend's vehicle and nearby cars with occupants too) while we have the laptop connected to wi-fi nearby. I may pop into a grocery store for a few things after a turn cutting some tall grass in the backyard.

Digital flyers continue to offer some item mentions not shown in the print editions of flyers. Am really curious to see if digital Shoppers flyer is available to preview for electronics offers.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My DH just got his stimulus benefit cheque from the US today-he is American and Canadian so lucky to qualify for benefits from both governments.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Okay, done my test webinar which means my day is done. Not bad, I was worried I was going to have to work after the webinar but nope, I mean I have stuff to do but it can wait.

Didn't really get to take much a break today, it was more little breaks here and there. I ended up on a lot of phones calls and our IT guy did some work on my computer remotely. I did unload and reload the dishwasher but that was about it.

Dinner is in the oven, Mom is having Chicken Wings, I am having Chicken Chunks with Over Fries and Cesar Salad, we needed something quick easy since we did not know how long my webinar was going to go. Plus, Mom is working on cleaning off the couch she sit on which is covered in her craft supplies.

Not sure of my plans for the night yet, first is dinner I am starving and then we will go from there.

Have a great night everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

posted in the covid forum...
    but if anyone has any insight to the student portion of the covid money.. please message me ... i am confused...

Middle child ( goes by they them.. so thats what i will use. )
    they had a job lined up... but it evaperated with covid.. has now moved back home.. .. rural ontario no bus service, no drivers car. so .. yea. ok... they are under the impression that they need to prove job hunting..
    and please do not suggest .. farm work.. love my child.. but i am fully aware that will not be happening.
    ok.. any hints , suggestions... ect.. feel free to message me , or post here. i am trying to find workable solutions for them .. sigh..
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills tonight since the Breyers ice cream was on for $2.97 and usually includes the dairy free. It did! Bought 4 and and personal pc offer plus wus $40. Got lots off good stuff.
    After putting it all away decided i need to clean out the upright freezer ASAP and start using stuff up. It is full. Guess i have been shopping smart still and stocking us up as we go but need to stop. Hamburg buns were on for $1. For 8pk. Bought 2. Packs since the kids eat tons. Butter is on for $2.97 which ia a great price. Spent $42.26 but redeemed $40 in PC pts
    Have pasta cooking to make a pasta salad for the weekend.
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@gisel dta my son has a car and can drive but his school delayed so much he is not done yet so yes he could get to a job but he has to finish school 1st. Then I have to ask myself do I want him to get a job that exposes him to Covid. So we shall see.
    I got my sample source and that Kashi bar was yummy.
    Went to Costco tonight. Garden centre is open but had no veg yet. But I still spent 275.00. Had to pick up stuff for my mom. No waiting to get in which was great.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and happy Friday!

I cleaned out 2 large shelves in my closet and found lots of treasures. Need to empty more out and then I will be able to organize it. Found a box of pictures too. Was fun sending to pics to my sister and friend of us from years ago!

DS went out on his longboard again last night. Happy he is getting out for excercise because he is missing summer hockey We have been sent the email to sign up for the 2020/2021 winter hockey season by May 31st (usually we have to sign up by April 15th but they extended it for obvious reasons.

The sun is shining here now. Curious to see how this day turns out weather wise!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @gis
    Went to Costco tonight. Garden centre is open but had no veg yet. But I still spent 275.00. Had to pick up stuff for my mom. No waiting to get in which was great.
    I'm afraid if I set foot into Costco my budget will go out the window 🙀
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information