User Tag List

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh that is a pain. I was reading too that Toronto is turning away people without OHIP numbers and yet some vaccine apts are going unfilled-good grief!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

A 30-39 year old died of covid in zone 4 today. The government has been saying this variant is hitting younger people hard it’s deadlier and much more contagious. They (government of New Brunswick) posted a Facebook post a couple hours ago that they are now making vaccine appointments for people 70+. This clearly isn’t working anymore. They aren’t going to close down schools or go into a lockdown until they are able to adequately vaccinate people. So I guess they’ll just stay the course while more younger people get infected.
    Last edited by francine1985; Wed, Apr 7th, 2021 at 04:31 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ontario is officially under a state of emergency and under a Stay-at-Home order for the next 28 days.

But it is a modified Stay-at-Home Order, school outside of Toronto and Peel will remain open, the government did not close these Schools the School Board stepped in and closed them. The government is currently saying they feel schools are still safe.

Non-essentials stores have to move to curbside pickup, Big Box and Discount Stores can only sell essential goods.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    ... Big Box and Discount Stores can only sell essential goods.
    I am not a big box shopper, but I laugh when the gov't says this as who is going to police them.

All I can say is here we go again!
    Thank-goodness at least for curb-side pickup.
    Guess my trip to Home Depot will wait until May for that BBQ cover and broom! ROFL. Their curb side pickup stinks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I guess the amazon workers will be getting alot of over time
    Bezo need a new jet anyways
    Last edited by Thatdone; Wed, Apr 7th, 2021 at 06:03 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Last night, Prem Legault put a few more regions in the Red Zones and their curfews changed to 8PM. All gyms will be closed again as of Thursday Apr 8th. And thats because of the major outbreak in a gym in Quebec City which has now infected over 200 people. Greater Montreal area stays the same except for secondary 3-4-5 which go back to one day at school, one day in home learning. Otherwise no change for us.
    We got told on 23rd March that all children would be back to school starting 29th March. Our school boards attached the snow days to the Easter break so they were out 1-7 April. Today I got an e-mail saying that from Monday lilP will be back to alternate days.

He's in sec4 (grade 10)
    ROMEO, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Today at 5PM, Prem Legault will be holding another press conference. Speculation is that maybe and im saying maybe, the ON/QC border might be closed because of whats going on in Ont. QC is holding steady at about 1200 daily infections. A 16 year old boy had died of the Covid variant in Montreal. Other speculation is that maybe Greater Montreal will be back to 8PM curfew. I mean there isnt much more Prem Legault can do with the Montreal area except a total lockdown. So we shall see later today.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today at 5PM, Prem Legault will be holding another press conference. Speculation is that maybe and im saying maybe, the ON/QC border might be closed because of whats going on in Ont. QC is holding steady at about 1200 daily infections. A 16 year old boy had died of the Covid variant in Montreal. Other speculation is that maybe Greater Montreal will be back to 8PM curfew. I mean there isnt much more Prem Legault can do with the Montreal area except a total lockdown. So we shall see later today.
    Cannot blame him if he closes the borders. Ontario is a total mess!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Oh that is a pain. I was reading too that Toronto is turning away people without OHIP numbers and yet some vaccine apts are going unfilled-good grief!
    It is a fiasco. The feds have delivered over 4M doses to the province of Ontario and yet they have only jabbed around 2.7M. Idiots in the province and cities sadly

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    It is a fiasco. The feds have delivered over 4M doses to the province of Ontario and yet they have only jabbed around 2.7M. Idiots in the province and cities sadly
    Ford said a lot of doses were only received recently. It's hard to gauge how efficient or inefficient the distribution of them has been without knowing the dates when batches were received by the province, and where those batches were delivered. The more widely the province has had to distribute the vaccines, the more time it takes to do so. I'm not excusing the Ford govt by any means. However, although I'd guess that the distribution has been slower than would seem reasonable, I simply don't know enough to be confident concluding that this is actually the case.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Given the numbers of doses arriving weekly for the past month or so for Ontario there is no way we receive 1M+ over the Past week or 2 ... I agree with you that some may have just arrived (as of last weekend anyway is when the numbers I saw were announced), but 1.5M doses?? Seems to me some lousy planning on the province's part ... but that should come as no surprise. I am happy to be proven incorrect, but with DOFO and Elliot I think we all know where the issues are ...

Even with the ramped up Pfizer in April and May it is weeks before 1.5M doses arrive

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...ollout.html#a4

DOFO continues to brag they can do 150000 doses a DAY if they have the vaccines. Well they have 1.5M in storage so that is 10 days worth. Where's the holdup? That is a lot of people who could have been given the first jab!

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Ford said a lot of doses were only received recently. It's hard to gauge how efficient or inefficient the distribution of them has been without knowing the dates when batches were received by the province, and where those batches were delivered. The more widely the province has had to distribute the vaccines, the more time it takes to do so. I'm not excusing the Ford govt by any means. However, although I'd guess that the distribution has been slower than would seem reasonable, I simply don't know enough to be confident concluding that this is actually the case.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Apr 8th, 2021 at 04:13 PM.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A 16 year old boy had died of the Covid variant in Montreal.
    So sad! Is it known if he had any other health problems?
    ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ents-1.5980755

Ontario orders hospitals to halt non-emergency surgeries as COVID-19 patients fill ICUs

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

https://www.cpso.on.ca/Physicians/Yo...for-Physicians

Critical Care Triage

If we reach a point where Ontario’s critical care capacity can no longer meet the surge in demand, what are physicians’ obligations with respect to the withholding or withdrawal of potentially life-saving or life-sustaining care?
    The College appreciates how challenging the pandemic has and continues to be for physicians working in critical care capacities. If the pandemic worsens and intensive care admissions increase, physicians may be faced with very difficult decisions regarding the allocation of scarce resources. It is essential that physicians be supported in making the extraordinary decisions they may be faced with and that the public trust how those decisions are being made.

The College notes that the provincial government has enabled a centralized authority, its command tables, to manage, oversee and co-ordinate the implementation of appropriate critical care triage tools should this become necessary. While only the provincial government can take the steps necessary to enable physicians to withdraw life-sustaining treatment without consent in order to re-allocate those resources to another patient, the College recognizes that issues concerning withholding potentially life-saving or life-sustaining treatments may also arise.

Given the imperative of allocating critical care resources in a manner that aims to save as many lives as possible, the College acknowledges that physicians may, in following direction and guidance from the command tables, need to withhold potentially life-saving or life-sustaining treatments in a manner that departs from the expectations set out in our Planning for and Providing Quality End-of-Life Care policy. To the degree that compliance with triage frameworks, once initiated by the provincial command tables, results in departures from these expectations, the College is supportive of physicians acting in accordance with the command tables’ triage protocols. Transparent and sensitive communication with patients’ families will continue to be of paramount importance in these situations.
    Last edited by heartgirl99; Fri, Apr 9th, 2021 at 08:55 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sad about the 16 year old. CTV Montreal said
    The hospital told CTV News the patient died on April 3, but did not release any further details.

In a statement, hospital spokesperson Florence Meney said that generally speaking, "people who die at a young age of COVID-19 are generally people who have major comorbidities."
    https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/16-year-...ital-1.5377804
    cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information