User Tag List

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good to hear you're booked for your vaccine. A friend had both shots. She felt very flu like for a half day after her second shot. Sort of like some do after their flu shots.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Snow flakey-I had mine yesterday and so far so good-might react to the second one but I think a great many people have no reaction at all. Let's hope you are one of those.
    cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

A couple of weeks ago i received a letter from the Que Govt Health Services that said im being priortized for the vaccine. I guess i could have had it a lot sooner but i procrastinated and now i have to wait longer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My co-workers and I had our shots last week. (We work in health care) I had a really sore arm for about 4 days, but other than that I felt fine. My coworker had extreme nausea for the whole day. She said it was like no other kind of nausea she has had before, really bad.

The other day we all received emails that our 2nd shots are being delayed by 4 months. We are all pretty upset. We kinda feel like guinnea pigs, the goverment does'nt know what they are doing.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@princessjen , I am no where close to getting the vaccine as I do not fit in any of the phases they are discussing right now but I have to admit I am concerned with the idea of delaying the second shot 4 months. Just a month or so ago they were warning people do not miss your second dose you are not covered you need the second dose do not delay getting your second dose you need it at the 21 day mark. Now it is no you will be okay you can all wait 4 months you will be fine some coverage for more is better than full coverage for a small amount.

I am worried this is the wrong choice.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @princessjen , I am no where close to getting the vaccine as I do not fit in any of the phases they are discussing right now but I have to admit I am concerned with the idea of delaying the second shot 4 months. Just a month or so ago they were warning people do not miss your second dose you are not covered you need the second dose do not delay getting your second dose you need it at the 21 day mark. Now it is no you will be okay you can all wait 4 months you will be fine some coverage for more is better than full coverage for a small amount.

I am worried this is the wrong choice.
    I agree that the delay of four months is too risky. Originally, I was trying to get my mother in for her shot, but will wait until they can guarantee her a second shot within 21 days. The only reason the four month delay is even in consideration is due to the bungled governmental effort. She is not willing to be a guinea pig, as a result of their failure, and I cannot fault her for hesitancy.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I agree that the delay of four months is too risky. Originally, I was trying to get my mother in for her shot, but will wait until they can guarantee her a second shot within 21 days. The only reason the four month delay is even in consideration is due to the bungled governmental effort. She is not willing to be a guinea pig, as a result of their failure, and I cannot fault her for hesitancy.
    Exactly! My co-workers and I were wondering is there even a point now going back in 4 months for a second shot? Will we be starting all over again if the antibodys we have now disapear? If I had known I was going to have wait another 4 months I would have waited to be able to get the shot within the proper 2 weeks, so I know it is done right. I know someone who ended up getting covid 1 week after his first shot. Even with 1 shot in me, I still dont feel protected.

Also I believe, we are the only country in the world delaying the shot by 4 months.
    Last edited by princessjen; Sun, Mar 14th, 2021 at 04:02 PM.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    Exactly! My co-workers and I were wondering is there even a point now going back in 4 months for a second shot? Will we be starting all over again if the antibodys we have now disapear? If I had known I was going to have wait another 4 months I would have waited to be able to get the shot within the proper 2 weeks, so I know it is done right. I know someone who ended up getting covid 1 week after his first shot. Even with 1 shot in me, I still dont feel protected.
    AFAIK, the vaccines will not stop you from catching CoVid (or passing it to others). The innoculated should suffer far less severe reaction, but they are not immune.

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    Also I believe, we are the only country in the world delaying the shot by 4 months.
    We are the only country delaying the second booster shot by four months.

To be fair, the first shot does give some significant degree of protection. The argument the authorities are making is that giving double the number of first shots protects twice as many people with very good (but not greatest) protection for four months.

If you must start over at four months (and then get another booster at 4 mo.+21d), then there should be plenty of vaccine at that time. My personal pessimistic non-medical stupid opinion has always been that the vaccines will need to be taken every 4-6 months due to variants and mutations. I hope to be proven wrong, but am scared that I will be right.

IMO, the whole mindset of our government has always been, 'money is no obstacle; (it isn't ours, after all)'. They care not a whit about efficiency or cost so continue to spray money out of the firehose. These ad hoc jury-rigged solutions are what you would expect out of a third-world banana republic, not a supposedly first-world country.
    Last edited by HermanH; Sun, Mar 14th, 2021 at 04:55 PM.
    princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

There are several vaccines on the market right now which provide a certain degree of protection. But I read somewhere that the 2 dose vaccine provides the greatest protection; even with just a single dose. Im scheduled for my first dose on Apr 2nd. Dont know when im going to get the second dose, but as long as i have some protection, im Ok waiting. And i will still follow all the health protocols in the meantime.

Also, heres an update about my grandson and his reluctance to get on the school taxi. He is dressed and waiting for me to show up to send him off to school. Every morning he tells me he loves me and is happy to go to school. He makes his lunch, has his school bag packed and by the door, puts on his boots, jacket, tuque and is ready. It seems that he just wanted someone to be there when he leaves.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Prem Legault will be holding a tv conference again today at 5PM. Gotta watch that. rumour has it he will be changing some zone designations. Maybe the red zone can be put into the orange zone and the orange zone will be put into the yellow zone. Red Zone is where everything is basically closed.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Yesterday Prem. Legault announced that certain areas in Orange Zones will be changed to Yellow Zones. The rest stay the same. So we are still in the red Zone and all restrictions apply. But there is one difference. The curfew will now be 9:30PM because of the time change. I would prefer it to be still at 8PM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Yesterday Prem. Legault announced that certain areas in Orange Zones will be changed to Yellow Zones. The rest stay the same. So we are still in the red Zone and all restrictions apply. But there is one difference. The curfew will now be 9:30PM because of the time change. I would prefer it to be still at 8PM.
    IDK about you, but I know quite a few people who don't understand that most if not all of our governments are trying to balance the level of risk vs. the economy. In practice, what this means quite often is that they either don't tighten restrictions as soon as the epidemiological experts suggest, or they loosen them sooner.

Personally, my top priority by far is reducing our risk of exposure; I don't have to care - and I basically don't - about the economy, the personal rules that I follow are substantially stricter than what the government here in ON allows.
    anisa, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I heard on the news that Ontario is into the 3rd wave, that being the UK variant.
    princessjen likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad vaccine will wait for at least 1 month,he cannot move to much with the operation he got.He received the paper in the m ail and have to subscribe to receive it...but in 1 month it will be ok
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Mar 18th, 2021 at 05:37 AM.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

we are still in the red zone but my son (sec4, grade 10) will be starting back full time on Monday.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information