Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I believe currently we are at 6,000

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What is the population of your town?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I agree with FBM-your Mum will have to find a way to look after her own car repairs. If you are nice enough to loan her yours or drive her in the meantime that is a bonus-otherwise she might just have to drive with all the windows down. May sound harsh but I think she is getting CERB and some PT hrs and can cover her own expenses-I suggest you set some limits with her and also your job-like I am working 8 hrs a day-period! As FBM says it is important for your mental health to have some fun-I personally don't think I could work for my Dad and live with my Mum-I need my own space and life. JMHO.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Life can be hard -i agree sassy your mom should pay for her own car .

My dear daughter called and she was at dentist for 2 hours today ,her work life balance is certainly off ,due to having a smaller child at home .plus she has no air conditioning in her home and just bought a new kitchen table ,so she doesnt care .I guess when you are in you 30's maybe the heat doesnt bother you as much !
    Sebastian is being needy ,he wants his mommy to play with him all the time like nana and papa (well we dont work so it is easier )I do feel for her and to hear her say "mom i sooo appreciated that you and dad took him .Saturday is the memorial mass for my son-in-law's mother -yes one year since she passed only 60 are allowed in church 4 to a pew only.So little sebastian has no help on her hubby's side -so we will do it every 2 weeks ,so 5 times til school .I decided in life to have 2 kids and if i help one out why wouldnt i help the other out .

Stopped into sobeys this afternoon wanted to get my supply of fabric softner and laundry soap -up to a good level .Also along with toilet paper and paper towels (mind you they are still hard to find on sale everytime i go they are sold out)i would like to build them up slowely with the sale prices ,as for sure a second wave will come with more cases at some point and i will go back to online shopping ,but have a small stockpile of stuff i dont have to buy .

Supper tonight fresh bread and deli meat -yes just sandwiches .I made a big vanilla milkshake for hubby and i awhile ago tossed in a frozen banana-yummmm.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Lizzie, sadly she cannot drive my car so I will be taking her back and forth to work but she did call the dealership back to try to get the appointment for the 17th and she got a different person. This person she has dealt with before and said if she drops it off Monday, she probably won't get it back Monday but either Tuesday or Wednesday it would be done.

This means tomorrow and Sunday I have to drive her to work and pick her up, then Monday she will drop her car off, they will take her to work and than I just need to pick her up. She is off Tuesday and Wednesday and should have the car back by Thursday.

She went to the local guy but he could not fix it, his machine told him there is an error but could not define the error and he said she would need to go a dealership to get the exact error.

We are going to have to talk about money which never goes well and won't happen today, my head is pounding and I have to work till 8 again but I have been mentioning I need help with the $$$ for the house. I cannot be the emergency plan, this might sound bad but seriously this is why people need to learn how to handle money. Growing up Nanny always bailed Mom and my Uncle out and they never had to stand on their own two feet and no matter how many times said it was the last time she would do it again the next time. Granted my Uncle got a lot more than Mom, Mom was the more sensible one but things like savings and emergency funds are talked about but don't actually become reality.

I am going to talk to my boss next week about my hours, I was going to this week but a couple things happened and it just was not the right time. Next week it is on my to do list on Monday, I might send the email over the weekend and follow up with a call on Monday. I cannot keep doing these 13 hour days. Luckily my new boss is a lot better at handling these things than my old boss so I know he will do something, either change something up or get me some sort of help so relief is insight.

Coupon Girl I do not think it has anything to do with your daughter age as I am also in my 30s and I am feeling it.

Now because I am determined to be a positive person (which I am at work, I drive people insane with how positive I am) I got some good news. Talked to a neighbour who had to have her power panel replaced because she put AC in (but I think she had ducts put in) and turns out what she paid was a lot less than I was told it would probably cost. Like Thousands of dollars less so I might get a couple of quotes on getting this done as step number 1.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Jul 10th, 2020 at 04:27 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Mail todaySmall Olay sample $30.73 from CO51

I had a small sale earlier today. Someone else is giving me the run around...hopefully they show up. Someone else is supposed to come tomorrow morning. I’ve had a couple more people ask for garden dill, but they haven’t confirmed anything yet, even though they contacted me yesterday.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ok, not a lot going on tonight it is just way too hot. I have my laptop on incase any chats come through but I gave up on trying to work. My day was going well until the excitement of the afternoon and then my productivity went down. I got everything done that had to be done today but I might do some work over the weekend since I have to run out on Monday.

Turns out they do not have a shuttle to take Mom to work so I need to follow her to dealership, pick her up take her to work, come home cause I have to work and then got back and get her.

I got a coworker to cover chat tomorrow so I do not have to worry about that. I am going to send an email and see if we can modify our chat hours. I am also going to talk to my boss and see if I can take next Friday off and give myself a 3 day weekend. Hopefully fingers crossed Mom has her car back and I can just take the 3 days off.

They had cancelled Mom's shift for tomorrow and deep down I was super happy but then they decided since she did not work today she could come in tomorrow.

I will need to see what kind of plan I can come up for tomorrow, I need to get a lot of meal prepping and kitchen stuff done and this heat will not make it easy.

I found a few companies that do AC and Electrical so I am thinking about getting a quote on doing both. Not sure if using the same company for both will be cheaper or going with a local company. I do not want to spend the money but at this point I feel it is a matter of my sanity. I have a number in mind that I can make work.

I am still torn on it because part of me is like I should not spend the money because who knows what tomorrow will bring but honestly the other part of me is like this is your sanity. I am so torn between saving money and being able to live my life which weirdly is how I view this. Right now I literally feel so sick and have not eaten a proper meal in days as even using the electric skillet is too much. I just want to be able to live my life in my house, cook meals, clean my house. Plus I am struggling with this feeling of always going without, it seems like others can do it, make decisions, do things where is I always have to worry about tomorrow.

I feel really selfish saying this but I want this for me. I know I can save money in other areas but that means cooking all our meals at home, baking our own buns, making our own pasta sauce but right now no joke I am living off sandwiches and guacamole because our house is so hot even just trying to chop veggies makes feel ill.

I need to just embrace the fact, I am a true homebody, nothing makes me happier than spending a weekend prepping and cooking and providing. In my heart that is all I want is to feel like everything is provided, we have a functional house, home cooked meals and our living our best lives. Not always stressing over all of the things we need to get done at home, eating too much take out and honestly constantly going without.

I do not want spend freely, I will always be my frugal self but to be able to know I research something, I got the best deal I could and I bought it with no remorse and don't save the receipt just in case something happens tomorrow and we need that money.

Alright just 5 more minutes and chat closes and I can relax.

Have a great night everyone and sorry my crummy mood today.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

way to hot to cook so i went to harveys take out burger and fries .AC is on day and night.
    Need to do a shopping grocery list for tomorrow.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I decided to not post anymore in my fb because I just dont care but account still active for freebies and coupons.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Honnestly I am anxious because dad car need to be replace within a year and I am not sure he have the money to paid for it....it will not be a new car for sure.So many repairs need to get done and he just wait because he have not the necessary money I think ...
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

CPU is good and old pension but the cpu will not be there forever...
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner was leftovers and now the fridge is empty of all the bits and pieces and the dishwasher is running I picked up a new Pyrex baking dish and mallet today free from a local FB group. We are building my older sons leaving home stash and free kitchen ware is amazing. Picked up 5 more masks today from a local mom so now we have good supply. We have been wearing them for weeks including the boys and we expect them to be mandatory here soon so I wanted to get extra before the rush. I was supposed to be off Monday but a new all day mandatory meeting killed that
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lilo all day mandatory meeting does not sound like fun. But I feel things happening we had 2 people unexpectedly off last week and I realized trying to take Friday off was not a good idea so I will try for this coming Friday.

Seems a little cooler this morning I have the windows and door open on the main floor, I do not really expect it to cool the house but right now our house feels so stuffy.

I wrote myself a to do list of things I need to get completed this weekend, most of it is stuff in the Kitchen. I still need to prep all of the produce we bought when we shopped last week. As well I need to package up the chicken we precooked (BBQ Chicken and Shredded Chicken Parm), this should give us about 10 future meals. These are quick simple meals we make in the microwave if needed.

I am hoping to find some time this weekend to sit down and trying to plan a number of things out. I want to lay out both short term and long terms goals. We did not discuss money last night but we did discuss that some way even with the heat and Mom working we need to get back to cleaning up the house and sorting stuff and more so getting rid of stuff, we have way too much stuff and it needs to go.

Lilo if only you were closer I am sure I could give you everything you need for your son's kitchen to move out, we have so much Kitchen stuff.

I have not been posting stuff for sale right now, like Frugalbigmama said I think it is just too hot for people to come do pick up. Even without bumping my items I have had a couple of inquiries but either they have not committed or are asking if I can hold the item for them. I do have a few free items I will try to get posted this weekend and hopefully they move.

Since I am driving Mom to work I think we will discuss the ductless, I ran some numbers last night and if we go back to living like we did during the Covid Lockdown (essentials only) I can make this work. We did this for a couple of months so it is doable and we can sustain it. For the other stuff we want to get we will need to sell stuff to get the money which I hope will be incentive to get rid of stuff, I am over stuff. It will have to be done in parts vs everything at once which I am fine with, we just have to prioritize which I can do but is not always Mom fortee. She is very much a just get it now deal later, where I am a plan get what we can and over time it will come together. I am hoping if I lay it all out I can get her on board and she can see it is doable.

Looks like the rain might be coming in, it was overcast when I got up but now it is getting dark out.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Went to shoppers this morning -got 20 times the points ,and still no paper towels -uggg at least i was able to get 2 softsoap refills

Son is coming over with the 2 girls as daughter-in-law went out of town with her girlfriends to a winery,and he will stay for a bbq (hamburgers,corn and fries)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all!

Dark rainy day here today.

Enjoyed breakfast and coffee with my honey this morning. He is such a good cook!
    He is painting a room for his parents now and i am housecleaning. Like usual i have tons of projects on the go. One bathroom is completely cleaned! Laundry on the go. My bedding in the washer now. Bedroom cleaning happening now. Kitchen is clean!

Not sure the plan for dinner yet but will figure it out have cooked pasta that i will ask my guy to make his famous pasta salad with later so it i ready for tomorrow. Im kinda enjoying this rainy no plans clean house kinda day.
    Tomorrow he wants to go shopping. Sounds good to me!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all. ... got up went and got my moms perscriptions and groceries. back home .. puttered arounda bit .. then went and got my groceries.
    cherry picked a bunch of sales. found the lysol laundry additive i like , in the big jug , got 2. i am quietly making my stockpile rock. if we have 2nd wave, i will be good. if not... welll my winter grocery bill will go down.

middle child is looking at a place to rent , they will be back tomorrow .

made some vanilla extract. so that will sit ina cupboard for a few months.
    getting a bit of my frugal groove back . it feels good.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information