User Tag List

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think my hopes of being able to end work early today are slowly slipping away. Today was been a bit overwhelming, I am really struggling to keep on top of everything coming in. It is not helping that I am being sent bits and pieces that have to be pieced together to get all the information and even finding out some is missing.

We have reached the point in this heatwave where the house is officially hot and since the nights are not cooling off neither is the house. I am a little annoyed as it is making it hard to get anything done as soon as you move away from the fan you get hot really quick. Part of me is like push through this needs to get done but the other part of me knows every since I got really bad heat stroke as a teenager (working in a pizza shop standing in front of the oven and the AC was not working) the heat seems to affect me fast now and I do tend to get sick from it easily.

I had another pick up today, I need to check my payment pail but there should be $7 in there. Our town is not into the e-transfer. Things seem to be slow but I think it is because of the "long" weekend, I see people following my items but no one is taking the leap and booking pick up. Let's hope next week as things get back to normal I can move some more stuff out.

Alright well no one is answering my emails, hopefully all the answers don't come at 5 pm and make it so I have to work most of the night.

Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow hot hot just put the garbage out and its steamy .

Frugalbigmama -i had one of those big brita with the spout for years in my fridge ,just chucked it last year ,it had calcium build up plus other stuff going on ,pretty sure i had it 10 years .Then son bought us the new slimline one at xmas ,only it needs filled more often .

Took ashlyn home at 11.30 ,stopped into a new home hardware near my son's as our water gun went ,8.97 for a new one is fine by me ,line ups at canadian tire,beer store and liquor store -no way would i wait in a line up on a hot day .

On monday i only have sebastian ,as my daughter-in-law doesnt go back to work til the following week ,so we will take him over for a visit on monday to play with his cousins ,and swim in their kiddie pool .

Just ordered a $50 petro giftcard with my RBC credit card points ,as they are on sale 30% off in points til end of july or while they last
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Another $4 pick up this evening. Will put on porch and they will leave the money under the mat
    Someone else said they want the bread maker but haven't arranged pick up. We will see

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. foodlands extra bonus miles.. not alot i usually buy . so i didnt
    i did get 80 aimiles.

fruit stand was very good. i will go back in a few days for raspberries. i made 2 trays of strawberries to be frozen for winter use, and 5 jars of strawberry jam so i am feeling very good about that.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to RCSS. Price matched he peaches, classico alfredo sauce, miracle whip, mccain breakfast hashbrowns ( used $1 coupon)
    Bought romaine lettuce, butter and otber items. We are set for awhile.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Another $4 pick up this evening. Will put on porch and they will leave the money under the mat
    Someone else said they want the bread maker but haven't arranged pick up. We will see
    Another $7 porch pick up tonight .
    Motivated to post more for sale!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -update my daughter-in-law works monday now from 9.00 a.m til 2.30,so we will have all 3 grand kids at my son's.He will fill the rectangular pool and guess what i will take my bathing suit and go in it with them ,as it will be sooo hot (i remember my mom doing that with my kids when they were little only then it was the hard plastic pools ,lol)

Supper was pasta,plan is to get up early saturday and get groceries before everybody else and the heat arrives .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The good news is I did finish work somewhere between 3 & 3:30 today which was nice, although it did not last. Just after 4 I got approval from AR for an order, okay no problem I will process over the weekend as long as I have it done by 8 am on Monday we are good. Then I got a phone call and although I was not asked to work this weekend, it looks like I will be, there are a few things that were on my long term to do list they have asked me to fast track. As I said they are not asking me to work the weekend but I think it will be best to get it done over the weekend so I pass it back on Monday for approval. Depending how long it takes I may hand it in and ask if I can take next Friday off.

When I thought I had finished work for the week I started to work on my budget, I did not get it all done but I did balance my grocery budget and I am ecstatic, I thought I would need to move $100 to $150 from my Take-Out budget (which we aren't using) to make up the short fall in my grocery budget. Turns out my Grocery budget balances, I actually have just under $100 extra in my budget.

I think I am going to need to come up with a new way to track my Budget. I normally budget what I consider my non fixed expenses (Groceries, Take-Out, Household Non-Grocery Items) per pay. I have a set amount I take out of each pay and that goes into my budget and is tracked and when I get paid again I reconcile how much was in the budget vs what we spent and is there any carry over.

Now that we are only grocery shopping once a month and that trip is at the start of the month I end up running most of the month looking like I am in the hole. Yes, at the end of the month I break even but the way this looks really bugs me. I will need to see what I can do here, might take some work but hey that is life.

I still need to balance my Take-Out and Household budgets, I know there is an overage in each of these so I am not worried.

I also need to write a goals/wants list of things we need to replace around out house. I want to start planning out these purchases vs waiting until something breaks and having to just buy. I get things will break that is life but right now we use everything until it breaks or stops working and then instead of watching for a sale we more just have to choose something within the $$$ we have to spend and replace the item. I want to try to plan this ahead so I can watch the sales and plan better for these items.

Alright, I have a couple more things I want to get done before bed tonight, time to get those done.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

4 of the 10 items i posted this afternoon have sold and been picked up. Cash in hand!!
    Also agreed to deliver an older item when in the area.
    Hoping to finish the garage clean up tomorrow. I can't believe how much stuff i got out of there. DS's friends have a few things to get out too ( big speakers etc) but i see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Managed to do a quick two item order through Uniqlo this morning and I have confirmation that Canada Post collected it today. Will be really surprised if it does arrive as promised Monday afternoon. Saw a skirt I really liked in the spring and the sale price was too good to pass up. Not free shipping but worth the $9.90 anyway.

I checked the forecast for the week after next (third week of July)-another bbq week of temps. I think I better consider doing a large pop order via delivery to just it over with. I'm not kidding myself that this wave will be easy to get through.

I was trying to convince Mom to find a way to the mall this weekend as a chance to hit the sales that seem to be ending on Sunday in hopes of scoring some new summer wear while there is still any stock to find. Should have gone in June but oh well--hindsight is 20/20 (and the month was a tad cooler too).

Popped into Value Village and came close to finding a long sleeve white shirt but it's kind of stiff and hot for this weather. Will keep looking for a poly/cotton blend or silk blend to snap up for wear all year round alone or with layers-rather need a couple of such shirts. Need pants too as two pair are looking old enough to just be for chores or dirty tasks. Cannot toss either pair as yet as they have some wear.

Speaking of Value Village, I got the e-mail about how VV will be doing private members' sales events. I'll be out of luck in showing any coupons unless I can copy any offers into Word (which I intend to subscribe to in one week) onto my laptop, since I don't have a mobile data plan nor Internet on my laptop. Not sure when I will locate a printer worth buying for July. Seems Mom has something for me to do and it will involve composing a letter that needs printing. She recently questioned why I'd want a printer...seems she is catching on now that it will have a purpose at home.

Deal of the day-finding 99 cent garlic bread baguettes in the Longos clearance centre. I did not heat one up-just tore off half of one baguette when I got home and the spread was soft and no oven was involved! That was dinner! Yum.

Need to fine-tune next week's budget for the Ontario Trillium benefit. I am noticing leakage in that I have some unplanned spending here and there and that will undo any of my larger spending plans if I don't hide my money or stick to the shopping list. I need to add lottery tickets to the list-prize centres are open but large prizes require an appointment for claims. Sure I'd like my own beach vacation...or library will ample reading room and bay windows!

At least I got some shampoo tonight-I ran out yesterday and did not have any spare bottles. I thought I had run out of liquid hand soap when one refill bottle got emptied this week, but then I saw in the other bathroom I had kept the second refill on the storage unit. Happy I can stall on buying more liquid soap for the month!

Time to head home and hydrate-I've been going through my water fast as the humidity is at work!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I used that vanilla yogurt to bale muffins this afternoon. They turned out ok, but I’ve had better. I used chopped dried cranberries and semi-sweetened chocolate chips.

I had my twins try on some clothes and posted the small items for sale. I have two clothing pick ups scheduled for tomorrow, I already received the e-transfers. Someone else has ordered fresh dill from the garden.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a $30 pick up at 830 this morning.
    A lady wanted it yesterday to pick up today and said she would send an etransfer. Last message i sent was at 245pm and she never sent etransfer or reply so sorry i don't think i need to hold it. She may never reply. I sent message saying it is sold so she knows. I hate that situation.

Youngest DS returns back to work today. Good for him to get back into the routine. I will drop him off and stop dowmtown for a coffee and walk by the waterfront this morning.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    Today will be day for me to relax , read or watch TV

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning was up early 5.00 a.m cant get back to sleep ,so off to shoppers at 8.a.m to get the 1.99 eggs (limit 2),plus i bought much needed reading glasses ,spent 93.00 so got 20 times the points .I treated myself to a mineral face spray la roche posay reg 15 i paid 12.00(this heat is soo hard to take )

Watch your bills as i noticed a micrpore sur item $11.99 on my bill asked her what it was ,she said sorry its hard using gloves its a code for something surgical and i guess my finger hit the button .I saved $10.27 from my seniors discount -it really adds up thruout the year and its a bonus it is still on everyday for the first hour.

Watered my flowers and tomatoes ,hung one load out on the line .
    I didnt have the energy to go to 2 stores so will get my groceries on sunday monring before sebastian gets here at 1.00 p.m tomorrow
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was smart and put a load in the washer last night before bed and hung it out to dry this morning.
    Driving to a call with my guy Sipping coffee and chatting. Perfect Saturday morning. ( he made us omelettes on a toasted English muffin to go )

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information